Attracted to trans people?

mopeyfrond

I feel really problematic for this but i find myself attracted to trans people? Like not fetishism towards them, I'm ace in that sense. But I realized all the people that I'm interested in, find cute ect are all trans and idk what to think. Is this problematic? Is this a thing?

Perhaps it's not the fact that they are trans, but the fact that trans people have a more androgynous look? (They have both feminine nad masculine qualities). Or maybe it's just odd luck?

Sorry, can't answer your question, just a thought, though.

Some people are specifically attracted to transgender people, yes. It can be fetishistic, but not always. I have heard of people who prefer longterm romantic relationships with transwomen, for example. I don't think people like that are sexually objectifying transgender people, considering they desire loving relationships with them. You cannot help what your preferences are, and as long as you genuinely care about them and respect them, then it's not "problematic" in my opinion.

AVEN #1 fan

I find Trans people more attractive as I feel more protected and safer around them, and I can relate to them as I'm also transgender. I also like their androgynous expressions.

Nothing is wrong with it, as long as it's not a fetish aka use them for sex play.

I am fascinated by trans people. Perhaps you are the same? I can see how that feeling can be confused or overlap with attraction.

*fingerguns*
44 minutes ago, AVEN #1 fan said:

I find Trans people more attractive as I feel more protected and safer around them, and I can relate to them as I'm also transgender. I also like their androgynous appearances.

Nothing is wrong with it, as long as it's not a fetish.

Exactly. This is how I feel, plus someone trans is way more likely to be accepting of someone non-binary, plus transmasc people are too good looking for this earth. (not meaning to put down or offend anyone else :))

AVEN #1 fan
Just now, *fingerguns* said:

Exactly. This is how I feel, plus someone trans is way more likely to be accepting of someone non-binary, plus transmasc people are too good looking for this earth. (not meaning to put down or offend anyone else :))

Yeah transmasc folks are a dream...

It's not all that rare among queer people I know to prefer to date other queer people. And I think that has to do with the shared common ground of having a queer lived experience. In my opinion, that seems like a thing to be celebrated, not a problem.

As long as no one is objectifying or being demeaning towards anyone, and everyone is keeping an open mind, I see no problem with it. You may be attracted sometimes to non-trans people in the future, and as long as you don't quash that just because they're not trans, then all is well too.

Of course, there will be trans people who are uncomfortable dating someone who is attracted to trans people exclusively, and that's also very understandable. A lot of trans people don't want to be recognizable as trans; they just want to be recognized as their gender. So as long as you know and acknowledge that, I think you're fine. Know that any trans person you want to date may be in the middle of transitioning, and may not "look trans" forever. Being attracted to them in part because of a shared experience or something is great. Being attracted to them only for how they look mid-transition may not be the best long-term foundation for a relationship, given that that changes. But of course, there are also cross-dressers who are not genderqueer in any way, and they're pretty cool too, if that's your thing.

On 20.3.2017 at 6:28 AM, AVEN #1 fan said:

Yeah transmasc folks are a dream...

what do transmasc folks look like though? i'm transmasc sometimes. I pretty much look the same as when i'm agender.

but i get it, i am attracted to trans people too. all "queer looking" people i guess, when i see them out on the street. otherwise it's as Heart said, about shared common ground.

AVEN #1 fan
43 minutes ago, Finn. said:

what do transmasc folks look like though? i'm transmasc sometimes. I pretty much look the same as when i'm agender.

but i get it, i am attracted to trans people too. all "queer looking" people i guess, when i see them out on the street. otherwise it's as Heart said, about shared common ground.

I mean assigned females who display masculine traits. (Trans men included)

Micah from Neutrois Nonsense is transmasc and enby.

micah.jpg?w=800

(I have to admit, they're  handsome/pretty/whatever)

SamwiseLovesLife

Yeah I relate to this, but always (so far) FTM. I don't however find Cis males attractive, maybe it's the fact that I know they understand how I feel being percieved as a woman? I don't question it too much, but good question :)

Archived