Afraid of people being attracted to you

Lilzy

Hi I'm writing this really late at night so forgive me if I make any mistakes lol. Anyways, ever since when I entered middle school (I'm in high school now), and started realizing through media the ways women could be sexually attractive to men, I became very uncomfortable with the thought of being attractive in this way to someone.  Whenever I'd see a boy staring at me in class because he had a crush on me I'd feel sooo uncomfortable in my own body.  I still feel this way today and I usually wear longer shirts and sweaters that cover my bottom.  So, I just wanted to see if anyone could relate to being uncomfortable by the idea of someone looking at you for your body, or just the idea of sexual attraction in general? Honestly that's all just sharing my thoughts and hoping someone can relate :)

K I'm going to sleep now XD

WishfulThinker

I can definitely relate. In high i found a guy liked me because "i had a great rack" and there was also some comment that i've forgotten about my ass. I find it incredibly uncomfortable to know that people were looking at me like that. I have self esteem issues so i'm always weirded out by guys hitting on me but when it's about something specifically physical, i absolutely hate it.

People will always be attracted to people and as best you can you must find a way to deal with it without altering your life too much. Be comfortable in your own skin and dress how you feel comfortable. There will always be crude people who comment on people's 'racks' but not everyone! Unfortunately you must however open yours eyes to the fact that bodies are physiologically attractive to others by virtue of breasts, bottom, legs and so on. It's part of Mother Nature and why humans are still on the planet today as opposed to extinct. Because we reproduced.

3 hours ago, James121 said:

People will always be attracted to people and as best you can you must find a way to deal with it without altering your life too much. Be comfortable in your own skin and dress how you feel comfortable. There will always be crude people who comment on people's 'racks' but not everyone! Unfortunately you must however open yours eyes to the fact that bodies are physiologically attractive to others by virtue of breasts, bottom, legs and so on. It's part of Mother Nature and why humans are still on the planet today as opposed to extinct. Because we reproduced.

Yeah yeah I get it.  It's just not that simple though that I could read this and be like "oh yeah he has a point, I don't feel this way anymore!".. of course I already understand that.  It's just this is how I FEEL.  You have to understand I'm a very socially awkward and self-conscious person I can't handle people staring at me in general.  It's hard for some people to understand, especially someone of the opposite gender.  It's just very annoying and conflicting when I know and feel so strongly about something but then someone comes and comments like "your feelings are wrong! It's just Science!".  Like, I frickin get it, I posted this for people who could relate to me...

Archived