Aces of the Round Table: Episode 1

Joe the Stoic

The setup/layout of the video (visually) was different than I expected, but in a good way.

Joe the Stoic
8 hours ago, Cimmerian said:

The setup/layout of the video (visually) was different than I expected, but in a good way.

How did it differ?

At the end I said that I thought it was two hours later because of the time zone, which isn't exactly true, I just thought it said 6 for some reason. I thought the audio was okay for the most part even though I didn't record it but some of my words seemed to get swallowed which made it a bit harder to follow. I think the conversation was good but it was evident some of us were a bit nervous, especially myself since I seemed to stutter a bit. I kind of wish we included some of the conversation we had afterwards because I think a lot of that came out better, in part because there was less nervousness and we had gotten used to talking. (of course some parts of it would probably not be great to share) I'm wondering if anyone would be willing to do anything visually for the future videos. Anyway, I had a good time talking with you all in this video and I'm glad I got to talk to some people in a format that went beyond a simple flat text. 

2 minutes ago, Joe Parrish said:

Lol, @m4rble,I think you were less nervous because I wasn't recording then. :P

And what do you mean by do stuff visually?  Appear on camera?

I don't know, I was actually thinking more still images to go along with the conversation. 

Joe the Stoic
2 minutes ago, m4rble said:

I don't know, I was actually thinking more still images to go along with the conversation. 

I gotcha.

What do you think of the logo?

3 minutes ago, Joe Parrish said:

I gotcha.

What do you think of the logo?

I think it's nice. I also like the intro music.

1 minute ago, Joe Parrish said:

You can credit Robin for the music.

Sounds good.

10 hours ago, Joe Parrish said:

How did it differ?

I thought you might have left it at having skype names appear or the skype pictures, but I like that they weren't included.

Joe the Stoic
4 hours ago, CakeSpadeAce said:

I like it, but I think you should change the visual every few minutes. It's boring to look at.

Generally, you just listen to these things while you do something else.

53 minutes ago, Joe Parrish said:

I've tried to that with things similar to this but I'm bad at multitasking and I often find I've zoned out part of the conversation to focus on the other task. I can do activities such as walking and coloring while listening to talking though without missing too much. 

Guest And Peggy
15 hours ago, Joe Parrish said:

I'm on my phone so it shuts off if i don't touch it every few minutes and it runs out of battery quickly. Plus, I suck at multitasking :P 

I see discourses like this have a sort of visual like, acknowledgement of the content. like, tabs along the side or the bottom that highlight the topics the conversation reaches. 

ps. I would suggest saying "asexuality" and "homosexuality" or "asexual person" etc, instead of "asexuals, homeosexuals" and just work towards generally moving towards... hm. a theoretic approach to identifying people, instead of thinking "I am naming individuals" think "I am representing a label-word, or a community" and trying to frame it in that way. saying "an asexual" or "asexuals" is a little... well, people do more often often find that approach insulting. I am unsure how to really explain... 

maybe the difference is in treating the label as an adjective, instead of as a noun?

hm... also, there was one time where you mentioned one of the people's identity during the conversation. I dunno if you asked if it was ok to do so in advance. that was something to keep in mind to avoid. not just with sensitive issues even, but if you know something about someone during a formal convesration like this, if it's important to bring up, mention it when you ask the question or when you introduce them or at the introduction to the video, not in the middle of the conversation. 

ok I've finished listening to the cast. very thought-provoking! look forward to how this progresses :)

On 1/19/2017 at 7:25 AM, Joe Parrish said:

What sort of visual would entertain you folks?

Say we're discussing the next topic, and I bring up an article, or some polls, or statistics. Display that on screen for the viewer so they don't have to google externally.

Ahhh, I like this a lot!

I think it went well for being the first episode! I have a couple of layout propositions, BUT 1) I'm not an artist 2) I don't know how much time you (Joe, I assume) have for editing and stuff. (I also don't know how long that would take, so I kind of just invalidated my argument there, but whatever)

I'll try to send some stuff your way or something regarding my ideas for how layouts and whatnot. (Don't expect it too soon :/ Life's being a bitch so I don't have much time on hand)

Archived