am i asexual?

Hi everyone

I am in my early 20s and am having concerns about my sexuality. I think what bothers me the most is that I don’t feel the same way about sex or relationships as my friends. I am wondering if I am asexual. Here are the reasons why:

-          I rarely think about sex. But I never physically want it (I probably think about it once every 2 or 3 months).

-          I have never had a boyfriend, but I also don’t want one. The only reason I want a boyfriend or to have sex is cause everyone my age has one/ or is having sex.

-          I am rarely physical attracted to people at first sight. When I am physically attracted to someone its usually someone I have seen around a lot ( for instance people in my workplace). Almost like it takes time for me to find someone physically attractive.

So am I asexual?

Thank you in advanced.

Could be! You want to know people, before you want to get closer. Fine and a good way to avoid getting in relationship with wrong people. 

You dont have to present yourself as an asexual, but perhaps just say, when the issue comes up: 'all that sex stuff, is just not a very big deal to me. It doesnt interest me'

if you want to go all in and say no to sex ever, then this will limit your possibillity for a life partner. Maybe that is ok for you? If you at some point meet someone nice and would like to try out sex, more or less for their sake, then you can do that. It could be a good experience. Just dont put on an act and try to be a hollywood actress. Be open and honest. 

(I am sexual with an ace wife. We do have a sex life. It is nice for her as well, but the need for it never pops up! And it has to be scheduled like a businessagreement)

arekathevampyre

I will say most probably yes ! But take time to see the different sexualities on the ace spretrum before coming to a conclusion ! Anyway , Welcome !!! Feel free to talk to any of us , remember , only you can define yourself !!