What is your Patronus? (For HP fans)

MerePeasant

You can now discover your Patronus on Pottermore.

What did you get? and Are you pleased? Do you feel you can relate to the animal choice?

It will be interesting to see how wide a variety of animals there are to choose from, given the amount of answer combinations. Hopefully a lot, otherwise it's not too personal if everyone, say, has a vole, and a point of the patronus is that it has a very personal meaning.

I got a Basset Hound, which was rather coincidental for I know one lives not too far away and have thought he's pretty cute, waddling about with his ickle body. I've also created a few dog characters in my time. I haven't yet thought further about how it connects with me; I'm sure the sorrowful expression can relate somehow. :P I was even inspired to draw my patronus today. :D

I got an Adder. Certainly a weird guardian to have. Then again, considering my house, maybe it's not so much a surprise. ^_^

The portrayal of Slytherins in the books made me so sad. Seriously, we've got Snape and Slughorn and maybe Regulus as role models... :wacko: and then the rest are terrible.

A cat, a Russian blue one to be exact.

YES!!!! Hell yeah!(As you can see, I'm happy to have a cat Patronus).

I got a marsh harrier. :mellow: Pottermore got my House totally wrong twice so I'm not surprised that this doesn't suit me. I don't even like birds. I can't find anything about what it means... So I don't know why I got this.

WinterWanderer

I got a vole... Yeah, that cute little mouse-like creature. It was kind of a letdown. I'm a short person, and people already joke about me being cute and harmless (along the lines of this picture). I feel like my patronus sort of rubs it in. I haven't told any of my friends what my patronus is, because I know they'd laugh and say something along the lines of, "That makes sense! You're small and cute." I was hoping for something with sharp claws, like a tiger or a cat.

Manx cat. I thought it was some type of wild cat but it's not. I don't know enough about them to know if it's an accurate animal for me or not. Really I think a hedgehog would be a good patronus for me XD but I don't think that's an option

The portrayal of Slytherins in the books made me so sad. Seriously, we've got Snape and Slughorn and maybe Regulus as role models... :wacko: and then the rest are terrible.

I would not consider Snape a role model :/

Ravenclaws really only have Luna. Not that I dislike Luna (she's my favourite) but it's like....who else? Lockheart?

Oh but Lin-Manuel Miranda's a Slytherin and he seems pretty cool.

Aisling Draconiquis

Hm. . . I got a wolf. Interesting, I never thought myself to be one. :)

Ooh, some good ones being mentioned! I do feel for those who aren't pleased with their animal. You kind of want it to really be positive feeling for you. You can't try again, can you? I think with that people should maybe be allowed at least one more go (but if it's one you like even less... maybe go back with the first one and learn to like it, I guess?!).

Aisling Draconiquis

Though, for my house they've given me Hufflepuff; Hufflepuffs are absolutely top notch, don't get me wrong, but I don't feel a very strong resonance with the house... Idk, I'm a generally nice and outgoing person, but I don't feel like a true "Hufflepuff". Is there anyway I can retake, just to double check? If I get Hufflepuff again, then I guess it's fine. I just want to know~ Thank you!

Luftschlosseule

Mastiff. So, firstly, I like dogs and will be adopting some in my life-time. Secondly, Mastiffs are one the world's largest dog breeds, even if it's just the English one as the image suggested and not the Tibetan Mastiff. Mastiffs are huge, cuddly, friendly towards friendly creatures, and the dementors will lose.

Sadly, I suppose if I were a witch or wizard I probably wouldn't be able to do a patronus because I have a major depression and the whole "Think of your happiest memory!" thing is really... crap.

I would totally teach my patronus tricks.

Ravenclaws really only have Luna. Not that I dislike Luna (she's my favourite) but it's like....who else? Lockheart?

Oh but Lin-Manuel Miranda's a Slytherin and he seems pretty cool.

Yeah, I meant it in a sarcastic way. Even the three I mentioned were pretty bad, just to drive home just how hard JK was on Slytherin House.

Mine was embarrassing - a salmon! And I hate fish... :redface: I feel like my patronus is the equivalent of a magikarp (that doesn't evolve, mind you...)

Agreed. Snape was horrible.

We can find out our Patronus animals? :D Yes!!! That's what I've been saying I've always wanted! I'm gonna do that!

This info made my day like 20% better.

Agreed. Snape was horrible.

Snape was definitely horrible. I wouldn't really say that Slughorn was all too great, either, but that's my personal opinion.

Oh!!! But you have Andromeda Black. ^_^ She counts!

(Spoiler alerts for those of you who haven't read / watched The Cursed child) That being said, I think Draco can now be considered a role model. He's all grown up. But then, some are refusing to make TCC canon in their heads . . . and I don't blame them, haha

I got a stag.

There is a tiny part of me that's disappointed that I got something straight out of the books. But it's a good something, so...

I'd have been happier with a black guillemot (aka a tystie), though who knows whether that would even be an option. Then again, I'd have been gutted if I'd got a wasp, daddy long legs, midge or house mouse!

So, yeah. I guess I'm happy. :)

I got a doe. I suppose I am pleased, but I was hoping for something a little stronger.

I got a little owl, I figured I would get wings somehow :)

Wallflowerbaby13

I got a brown hare. Eh whatever. I like this thread, I had no idea just how many different options there were. I haven't seen mine listed yet.

OK, I gave it a shot and got a blackbird - a cat would've been nice, but you get what you get. In the books people didn't get to pick their patronus as I recall.

Archived