Trying to define my sexuality (or lack thereof) - not sure if this needs a warning

BorderlinePanic

BorderlinePanic

Um...hi...I'm awkward, sorry...

I read the sticky thread up top about defining asexuality and though it was very informative, I'm still unsure of myself.

See, I'd never heard of aces until recently when I came across a personal experiences article where some aces were interviewed. I noticed some similarities in myself and what they were saying. I felt huge relief thinking, "maybe there isn't something wrong with me." I'd always thought I was a freak because though there are debates on homo- and bisexuality, everyone I know agrees that everyone likes sex. I don't hate it, but I don't have much interest in the act itself. I'm content in a sexless romantic relationship and that ended my marriage and is tearing apart my current relationship. I know it says in the sticky that relationships, previous sex partners, etc don't effect your asexuality, but does having enjoyed it in the past? I have and I enjoy it on occasion still once things get going, but I can go without indefinitely in a relationship.

I know I'm all over the place, but I'm new to asexuality and I don't know how to define myself or how to deal with my lack of interest in my relationship.

Asexuals can enjoy sex they just can't desire/yearn for it at any point; even after foreplay.