Steven Universe

KaitlynS

Many of my friends say Steven Universe is a good show, and i just watched my first episode but i don't understand what the show is about. Can someone please explain?

There are kind of a lot of different ways to answer this, so that makes it hard. My advice is to watch more and it will make more sense! You learn as Steven does.

Get passed episode 35!

Season 2 gets epic!

The show has layers and a lot of things have a reason for being the way they are. It also heavily relies on continuity, you won't be able to get much from just one episode.

I didn't like it very much until I got to the second season, but it's an awesome show. The show explains itself as it goes on.

Nea Rose Symphony

The first few episodes are really weird then once that feeling passes it becomes good. Basically it's about Steven and the crystal gems saving the world from other gems that are attacking earth. That's all I'll say to avoid spoilers (don't remember how to do the spoiler tag)

Steven Universe is amazing. I would argue that's it's currently the best cartoon on air right now. The representation alone makes it worth it, not to mention the amazing relationships and character development. My sister and I struggled to get into it at first, too. The first couple of episodes aren't the greatest, but once you get into it, it gets so, so good. (My friend and I are watching it with two other people who haven't seen it before and after a certain point, my friend and I began starting almost every episode with "Okay, things are about to get real.")

Steven Universe is set in an alternate universe where aliens (Gems) have come to Earth. As of right now where you are, though, there seems to only be four: Garnet, Amethyst, Pearl, and Steven Quartz Universe, who is half Gem and half human. The first part of the show revolves around Steven trying to learn more about how to be a Gem (summoning his weapon - as they all have weapons they can summon, fusion - a concept you will learn about in future episodes, etc.) while also forming relationships with humans, like his dad and a girl named Connie. Later on, it becomes more plot heavy, with the introduction of new Gems and the background of how they came to be on Earth in the first place. It's a really amazing show, with amazing voice actors, and I highly recommend continuing, keeping in mind that the first few episodes are not the best.

When i said my first episode i meant the first episode I've ever watched not the first episode in the show. I have no idea what seasons or episodes i watched. I just watched several episodes i saw in my tv menu.

When i said my first episode i meant the first episode I've ever watched not the first episode in the show. I have no idea what seasons or episodes i watched. I just watched several episodes i saw in my tv menu.

I'd definitely recommend watching in order from the beginning if you want things to make sense. Otherwise, maybe read the Steven Universe wiki pages? Spoilers galore, but it will help you understand things better.

To not say any spoilers, I will try to explain the base of wha the show is. So basically, it is about Steven Universe, half-gem half-human, who goes on adventures with Amethyst, Garnet, and Pearl to keep the Earth safe. That is the base of it, but there is a lot of other stuff that makes the show, which I do not want to spoil so you can find out yourself ^_^

Archived