A super-easy poll : Do you keep asexuality.org/en/ open to other people to see?

R_1

Do you always have this site open and visible for others to see? Do they care?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Do you always have this site open and visible for others to see?

• Yes
    • Sometimes
    • No
    • Inapplicable
  2. 2. Do they care that you're going in this site?

• Yes
    • Sometimes
    • No
    • Inapplicable

This poll is closed to new votes

Inspired by a comment made by someone who was hiding his asexuality.org activity from his family.

I voted yes, and people are free to see that I'm going in this site. They don't give a care at all.

Nope. I'm afraid they would look and see, "Why are you on this site?" And well... I really don't feel like explaining... and then I would have to come out and... it's just a mess and it saves so much time. Though, I have to be careful because sometimes I read AVEN in public on my phone and sometimes I laugh when reading forums (specifically Incredibly Ace Moments) and sometimes they'd wonder why I'm trying to hard not to laugh obnoxiously. :lol:

If it weren't for my bigoted parents i would.

Queen Under the Mountain

I read it mostly at work and I'm not still ready to come out to my coworkers, buuuut today I sent a link from a thread here in Aven to a friend, without saying anything about me nor that I had an account in here(it was like I had found the link somewhere...), but according to my standards, this is a High Risk Attitude because she can find it suspicious and if she does find it suspicious, I still don't know what I'm going to say

AshenPhoenix

A lot of people know I'm on this site because I would usually cite having to go so I could read the forums when I was a moderator, or otherwise mentioning it when asexuality came up. I usually try to avoid mentioning the site by name because I'd rather not have a hoard of people I know on here, but I also don't particularly care if they find out. Consequentially, aven is eternally up on my computer no matter who looks.

I always close the tab (and delete history if necessary) before there is anyone near me ! I even modified my browser bookmark's names for all bookmarks related to asexuality, you can never be too careful.

DannyFenton123

I click off the browser if anybody enters my room. When I was really paranoid, I used to delete my history, but I'm too lazy to do that now.

Grumpy Alien

There's no one here to see it.

Sometimes my brother (or both if my oldest bro comes over) will come downstairs when I'm on it...I try to be lower on the page so they don't see the banner saying it's about "asexuality." Or I quickly close it. And well, the one time that it was really noticed...yeah, my bro did care. :unsure: It was incredibly awkward. BUT after that, I got up the courage to come out to him as ace, and he was super supportive and understanding. So in a way, the awkwardness and "oh crap, he saw" turned out ok.

Artistofnoname

I don't care what anyone thinks. Nothing bad or habitually suggestive about this site. Plus I'm not doing anything on here I wouldn't want my mom to see.

mischevious_koala

I like to hide AVEN whenever I browse it if people are around. My family wouldn't care about my asexuality or AVEN but for some weird reason I like to keep it a little secret that no one else knows. I guess in the past I've felt really awkward talking about my interests even if there's nothing wrong with them so I couldn't be hassled with that again.

AceInArkansas

I am to the age now where I don't care if people see it or not. If my parents are over my computer is usually off, but my friends (who are still friends) were supportive so I don't give a hoot about the page being up when they pop over.

I'm on AVEN when I'm at home and I live with my romantic partner who accepts my (a)sexuality, therefore, I'm on when I'm on, they see it or they don't, and it doesn't matter.

I keep this site private, for no reason other than the fact some things are visible to members, such as names that aren't visible to guests.

I'm not out so I'm always discreet when I'm on this site while there's someone else in the room. I quickly scroll away from the top banner so no one can tell upfront what site I'm on. I also have this site bookmarked only on Other Bookmarks on Chrome so it's somewhat hidden.

Anthracite_Impreza

I'll hide it if it's NSFW, but otherwise no.

Inapplicable as there's pretty much noone but me who ever sees my PC screen, and the one sole exception who occasionally does see it knew from day one when I found AVEN three years ago. :)

Blue Phoenix Ace

If you use Chrome, be sure to click on a new tab and see what pops up in the 8 popular sites at the bottom. :) I have noticed that after removing AVEN from that list, it hasn't come back. So, kudos to Chrome for that. I don't have this site bookmarked, but typing "a" in the URL fills it out for me. If someone just happens to do that on my PC, they might notice and then, I guess it's time to come out. :)

I don't hide asexuality.org any more than anything else. My family has seen it multiple times and never asked anything, maybe because they haven't read the name of the site or don't connect it with human sexuality, I don't know. They don't care unless they glimpse an offensive term or something.

Sleepy Skeleton

A few times my mom will look over my shoulder when I have some tabs open, but I don't think she has noticed. I'm not out to my parents so I've never told them about AVEN, but I don't think it would be a problem anyway.

I live on my own anyway so I don't really have to worry about closing the page but if I'm on it when I'm at either of my parens houses I close the page when people get too close but to be honest I do this most of the time. I'm basically paranoid about everything my laptop's set to never record history and always on private browsing.

I keep this site private.

I love being able to ask personal questions completely anonymously, I also do it for the sake of privacy.

I always browse this site when im home

Nobody of my family knows about AVEN or me being on AVEN and thats ok because my sexuality is something private that i dont have to share with anyone else but my future partner.

I don't always feel comfortable with people knowing I've a frequent poster on an asexual forum, but depending on where I am I might not mind it. Sometimes if I feel like I'm around people who wouldn't care I'll leave AVEN open in public. As far as I know, no body has noticed.

I'm currently typing this in front of my Mom. Out of all my family members, she's the one that I'm the most open with.

Breathing....

I never leave AVEN logged in but will sometimes leave it open... Tho you need my password to open my screen so it's not open for the world to see. My closest friend is the only person who has my password and while they don't know my AVEN username/password (and I'd like to keep it that way) I'm pretty sure they don't care or are happy that I'm using it.

I do not have this site open and visible, since I am not out as ace and am not ready to be at the moment. I almost always use AVEN via my phone, so nobody else sees (also, my brother is often on the desktop, and through my phone I can use AVEN in my room).

VindicatorPhoenix

I always sign out when I'm AFK and switch tabs if someone's watching me. :ph34r:

Archived