Asexuality VS Autochorissexuality/Anegosexuality

Autumn Season

Autumn Season
Sage Raven Domino

Anegosexuals (= autochorissexuals) are a particular case of asexuals imho (though some people regard anegosexuals as (grey-)sexuals) because sexual attraction to a certain person is never experienced by such people. There are however aces who aren't anegosexual; in particular, there are aces with no libido and also a rare category of libidoist aces who do feel the desire to 'clean the pipes', but aren't aroused by specific people, objects or fantasies (e.g. they can get aroused mechanically, by touch).

WünderBâhr

I must be really out of touch. I've never heard of anegosexuality, er rather, the actual term.

Edited by bipolar bear
clarifications
Sage Raven Domino

^ A more popular term for the same thing is 'autochorissexualism' ('-ity'), coined by Anthony F. Bogaert.

Some people, however, complain that it's too clumsy. So the term 'aegosexuality' has been coined on Tumblr. It's however against the morphological rules because the 'a-' prefix must turn to 'an-' when added to a root beginning with a vowel. So Mysticus Insanus and me have argued that the word should be 'anegosexuality' instead.

To be fair, both are strange in certain way. One is clumsy, and the other is well reminds me of eggnog for some reason.

I can see that being corrupted to "an ego sexual", which would be unfortunate.

Autumn Season

What sounds off about that? Sorry, if it seems obvious, but English is not my native language.

Sage Raven Domino

'Asexual' can also be confused with 'a sexual' (where 'a' is the indefinite article) in some English accents... they can be distinguished by the syntactical context (e.g. the 'an'/'the' article will often be added in the former case: 'an asexual').