talked to my mom (MAYBE TMI warning)

MarshmallowFluff

MarshmallowFluff

As you know in my introductory form I am a senior in high school and am a bi/panromantic demisexual.

I was having a discussion with my mother about you know, the birdsies and the beesies...

I had to explain to my mother how I am uninterested in sex, and I also told her that I am not repulsed, or grossed out by it. I understand it's completely natural human behavior. The truth though is that the thought of "doing it" literally scares me, like I just don't mind remaining a virgin. I've only felt attraction in that sense towards one person that I have a strong connection to that's why I feel like demisexual fits me better than just saying I am full asexual...

However even though I have these attraction feelings towards this person, who is also the ONLY person I feel these feelings for I honestly don't want to act upon it or do anything though, because I am disinterested and like I stated earlier the thought of doing it female or male though scares me. I can't pinpoint why.

Am I the only one who thinks or feels this way?

Thanks for listening to or in this case reading my ranting and answering my question in advance.

also if this isn't the right forum area to but this thread under I apologize.

butterflydreams

Well, all other things aside, being scared of sex or sexual activity, for any reason, is totally ok. Maybe you'll get over it, maybe you won't. How you feel about it right now is valid though. I'm in my mid 20s, still never had sex, still pretty scared about it. Im not sure that will ever change. I'd be ok if it did. I'd be ok if it didn't.

That you already recognize these feelings puts you way ahead of me when I was your age. I was boring headlong at doing sex and relationships because I though I had to. I never stopped to ask myself what I wanted. So, good for you for recognizing your feelings! You're definitely not alone in feeling them either :)

Do what you feel as right. Don't force yourself because others do or others want to do so. Being scared of sex and not wanting sex are two different things. I hope you are getting what I'm pointing you to. You don't need a label, you just need to understand yourself

MarshmallowFluff

Moving this to The Grey Area

Kisa the Cat, Administrator

Thank you for moving it, wasn't sure if it was in the right place or not when I posted it in the last spot.

Archived