sleeping habits.

kelico

What are your sleeping habits?  

1. 1. How do you normally sleep?

• On my side.
    • On my back.
    • On my stomach.
    • A combination of the above.
  2. 2. Do you like to hold/hug/cuddle with someone/something while sleeping?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Sometimes.
  3. 3. If "yes" or "sometimes" to the above, what do you like to hold/hug/cuddle?

• Another person (significant other, friend, etc.)
    • Pillow (or bed covers/blankets).
    • Stuffed animal(s).
    • Pet(s).
    • Something else.
    • N/A. I didn't answer yes/sometimes.
  4. 4. Do you take naps?

• Yes, often.
    • Sometimes, only if I'm really tired.
    • No.
  5. 5. How often do you dream when you sleep?

• Every night.
    • 4-6 nights a week.
    • 1-3 nights a week.
    • I rarely ever dream.
  6. 6. When you do dream, do you remember them?

• Yes, I remember most of them.
    • Sometimes. I remember bits and pieces.
    • Usually not. I know I dreamed, but I don't remember of what.
    • I don't dream. / I never remember dreaming.

This poll is closed to new votes

While trying to sleep, I thought of asking these sleep-related questions lol! Feel free to discuss your answers, if you'd like. : )

For me, I'm a side-sleeper (I can't fall asleep any other way lol), and I can't sleep without my stuffed animal(s). I've been sleeping with Puffy (my favorite stuffed animal--he's a Puffalump) since I was a toddler, and since he's gotten tattered, the past years I've been hugging a Winnie the Pooh I have. Lol, I sound like a little kid, but oh well! : ) I hate naps (they make me feel really out of it and sick afterwards), so no, I don't nap. I dream every night, and said dreams are usually quite vivid, so I tend to remember them well.

Edit: I totally forgot to add the N/A answer for those of you that don't hug/hold/cuddle something/someone when you sleep! Apologies. : ( It's added now!

Everyone dreams, every night. If you think you didn't dream, you just didn't remember it. I learned that when I studied psychology in college...

I almost always sleep on my side, but occasionally on my back. I used to sleep on my back a lot more than I do now. For some reason I don't much anymore.

When my mood disorder is bad, my sleep gets really fucked up. I'm always tired, but I only stay asleep for a few hours at a time before I wake up again. I don't like to take naps, but when I'm not doing so well, I'm so exhausted that I'm kind of forced to...

I like the idea of holding someone/being held when I sleep. In college, I had a very good friend who I sort of had a romantic friendship-type relationship with, and we slept in the same bed quite often and held each other while we slept. It was very comforting.

I either don't remember me dreams or I have very graphic, very realistic nightmares. This has almost always been the case. Rarely do I have good dreams.

I'm enjoying the high percentage of fellow stuffed animal cuddlers. It makes me feel less... odd. XD

Naps are amazing, they're the highlight of my days off. I love naps. I will nap whenever I can. Naps!

For me, I'm a side-sleeper (I can't fall asleep any other way lol), and I can't sleep without my stuffed animal(s). I've been sleeping with Puffy (my favorite stuffed animal--he's a Puffalump) since I was a toddler, and since he's gotten tattered, the past years I've been hugging a Winnie the Pooh I have. Lol, I sound like a little kid, but oh well! : )

Mine's a small bear which I got on the day I was born. I feel it's a justifiable bond that shall never be broken. One time my luggage got lost, and the only thing I was worried about was that my bear was in that bag. I was terrified, but thankfully got it back the next day. Oh the relief!

I LOVE SLEEP!!!

Me too. Ah so many people have someone to cuddle with. I have a pillow I cuddle.

I LOVE SLEEP!!!

Me too. Ah so many people have someone to cuddle with. I have a pillow I cuddle.

Pillows are so soft ... And tender.... I snuggle my blankets thinking it is someone special ...

I haven't voted yet because it's forcing me to pick an option for the third when it's N/A.

I tend to sleep on my side, don't hug/cuddle anything, don't take naps any more, dream every night but remember few of them and only bits or short parts.

RoswellValentine

For me, I'm a side-sleeper (I can't fall asleep any other way lol), and I can't sleep without my stuffed animal(s). I've been sleeping with Puffy (my favorite stuffed animal--he's a Puffalump) since I was a toddler, and since he's gotten tattered, the past years I've been hugging a Winnie the Pooh I have. Lol, I sound like a little kid, but oh well! : )

Mine's a small bear which I got on the day I was born. I feel it's a justifiable bond that shall never be broken. One time my luggage got lost, and the only thing I was worried about was that my bear was in that bag. I was terrified, but thankfully got it back the next day. Oh the relief!

My stuffed animal is also the quintessential teddy bear, and my dad's sister got it for me when I was a baby. Now I have at least one cat jumping onto my bed every night (my family has three of those puffballs).

I'd rather be in band.

I typically always remember my dreams because they tend to become lucid as I near the edge of consciousness. However, this is only when my sleep is uninterrupted; I frequently wake in the middle of the night multiple times and disturb my sleep.

Side sleeper.

I love cuddles (person, pet, and pillow/cover).

I enjoy naps when I get the chance to take them.

I have vivid dreams and remember most of them.

YAY for sleep!

I haven't voted yet because it's forcing me to pick an option for the third when it's N/A.

I tend to sleep on my side, don't hug/cuddle anything, don't take naps any more, dream every night but remember few of them and only bits or short parts.

Ahhh snap, I forgot to add that! Sorry! Thank you for reminding me! I shall add an N/A option now...apologies to everyone that selected "no"!

Aww! I totally know what you mean!!! I actually had several Puffies...I lost 2 of them, once on the plane and one was left a my brothers' coach's house...never got him back. But my current Puffy has stayed with me the longest, and like you, I feel there's a bond there. : ) I'm so glad that you were able to get your bear back! ;__;

My stuffed animal is also the quintessential teddy bear, and my dad's sister got it for me when I was a baby. Now I have at least one cat jumping onto my bed every night (my family has three of those puffballs).

Aw, so sweet. : ) It's wonderful to see more people that still cherish their stuffed animal friends! (Hehe, and that's cute about your cats lol.)

Mostly on my side, sometimes on my back.

I think I would love to have the chance to sleep snuggled with another person that I cared for (as long as they didn't snore... otherwise I wouldn't be getting any sleep... which isn't really a fair expectation because I'm told that I snore), but the opportunity hasn't ever actually come up in reality. Snuggles with anything else doesn't really fit the bill for me.

I don't nap. If I'm tired enough to fall asleep, I'm gone for hours, in which case it's not really a nap in my book. Any period of sleep less than 3 hours or so just leaves me feeling more tired than I would be if I stayed awake.

I dream all the time but my recollection isn't that great. Bits and pieces.

I sleep on my side, other positions are uncomfortable 90% of the time. If I am sick or sore I sometimes sleep on my back out of avoiding pain.

I love falling asleep snuggled up to someone. Falling asleep with my head on someones shoulder/chest and their arms around me ... nothing nicer. :D But, I don't get to sleep that way. So, I typically snuggle up to blankets or pillows. I have some stuffed animals, but they are soft and tickle my face.

I never remember my dreams.

I alternate between my side and back, depending on my mood...

I hardly ever remember my dreams, unless I drop off again after my alarm goes off the first time, then I'm aware that I'm sort-of-dreaming then. Oddly enough, I'm never scared or emotional in my dreams - if I have something even remotely resembling a nightmare, it always comes out okay in the end.

My last boyfriend used to want to sleep cuddling me, but I could never really fall asleep that way. I sometimes did it just for him, but I always slept badly. To be honest, I get stiff lying in any arrangement like that after a while.

I sleep on my side usually and sometimes hold my toy ducks for comfort as I usually have nightmares and remember them all quite clearly. I sometimes have naps in the day when I have nothing else to do or if I'm tired.

I sleep on my front generally because I can't get to sleep on my side (the joy of body dysphoria...). I don't hold anything going to sleep, but being such a wriggler I tend to wake up sprawled out on my back or with my face smushed into the wall and holding my blanket (it's cold with the windows open, but too hot with them closed, so I have an extra blanket and a couple of cushions). I don't take naps unless I'm really knackered/have been awake all night -.- but I probably should because you live longer if you have siestas, apparently. Or at least according to my mum.
I dream every night, I suppose, because as Phoenix Incarnate said, everyone does! But I only remember them maybe 3-4 times a week. I used to remember less, almost none, but I write them down as soon as I wake up, and now I remember more.
On the subject of dreams, I had this really weird one when I was about 7, where my parents were aliens (but I wasn't) and were trying to feed me worms while I was sat in a highchair too small for me. I only had it once, but it stuck with me. <_<

So anyway, I've said too much.

I sleep on my side, I could never sleep on my front, it's uncomfortable. I cuddle nothing unless my tuxedo cat Mister gets on the bed.

I remember my dreams so well because I keep a dream journal and have done since 1991.

I have terrible insomnia, and I don't think I dream since I don't remember any dreams.

I only remember special dreams. I have one dreams that haunts me to this day. It was the best dream I have ever had. The dream haunted me so badly that I went crazy for a few days and tried everything I could to lucid dream. I just.... I just had to relive it one more time. Thank God I snapped out of it. I was about to try dream paralysis and buying kits and all that crap. I'm still haunted by the dream but I've calmed down about it.

Having been a proud (if not very deliberate) procrastinator for most of my life, I used to be all about sleeping. Nowadays, with work and life-stresses and the such, I guess I don't sleep as well as before. I often wake up feeling weirded out in the middle of the night - don't know how to describe it better than that. Most of the time I eventually get back to sleep and that's that, but sometimes I can't find my way back into turning off my mind.

For a while I made a sport out of writing down my dreams, and it was pretty great. It gave me lots to think about; lots of questions, the occasional pattern, and not many answers at all. But now I think I'm too lazy to keep track, and there always seems to be more pressing stuff to do.

And cuddling is definitely the thing I miss the most from relationships, although I'm not sure how/whether it would adjust to my new kind-of-grown-up sleep routines.

When I do sleep (Please sleep Gods, for the love of all that snooze worthy, throw me a frickin bone! :() it is usually a side/back combo, never the front, and the back is my usual nodding off position.

I do like to snuggle/cuddle. Unfortunately that is very difficult for me, a situation that I hope is soon remedied.

I never nap during the day. I spent 10 years drugged up to my eyeballs, barely able to string a sentence together and napping every few hours, so I no longer find any interest or appeal in it.

I sometimes remember fragments of dreams. I never know if it is one of those moments where you suddenly wake up, you're half way through a dream, and you quickly fall back asleep and start something new. But you never seem to remember waking up. If they are half way interesting (Dreams+interesting=dodgy oxymoron) then I try to recall them, try to make some sense out of them, but Iquickly get bored.

I always sleep on my back, but seldom for more than about 5 hours a night. I do, at times, cuddle up to a pillow, just to hide the loneliness, half my bed has never been used, and I don't see that ever changing (sniff!!). Dreams, yes, in colour hyper-real with sounds, and I move around a lot whilst dreaming. Proof of this, the other week I dreamt I was kicking a football, and actually kicked the bedside table, which woke me up rather suddenly. I've also had such funny dreams that I have woken up laughing out loud- which, it has to be said, is a great way to start the day. I never intentionally nap during the day, but sometimes if sat doing nothing with a hot sun beating down...

• 2 weeks later...

Lots of times I wish I didn't remember my dreams

I can relate to that A LOT. Most of the time I wish I didn't remember them lol.

I'm glad I remember my dreams, even though a large number of them are "nightmarish." Sometimes I have what I consider a "true nightmare," however, thankfully, those are pretty rare occasions.

I'm glad I remember my dreams, even though a large number of them are "nightmarish." Sometimes I have what I consider a "true nightmare," however, thankfully, those are pretty rare occasions.

Yep, me too. Most of my dreams are somewhat unpleasant to very unpleasant *sigh*, but (thankfully) few are bad to the degree that I'd rate as a full-blown nightmare.

I used to have some pretty terrible nightmares. But now, most of the times I don't remember my dreams.

And when I do they are so weirdly silly. Worse than a peyote trip.

Now I have my pillows for snuggles <3<3 :3

RoswellValentine

For some time when I was a kid, I had a hard time sleeping after a nightmare. Can't remember how it went now, but it apparently scared me enough to not want to sleep.

Now, I sleep fine and my dreams can range from mundane stuff with characters to weird, sometimes unsettling things. But I don't remember too many after I wake up, unless it stood out in my mind.

Archived