Asexuality Symbol?

Through my wanderings of the internet I came across a symbol for asexuality, like how there's the rainbow flag for gays and various other bits and bobs. I couldn't find any mention of it anywhere on AVEN (any other topics on flags/symbols have never had this one) so I'm wondering if this is actually it or has a Wikipedia page got it wrong again?

Sexual identity symbols

My apologies if this has already been asked.

Ut is a symbol and it is similar to the AVEN triangle. Bear in mind wikipedia can be edited by anyone. I could uploiad a picture of a banana witht he letter A on it and cal it an asexuality symbol.

However the one on wikipedia I have seen about and I think there is an AVEN link.

I, and other susually go with the AVEn triangle as the asexuality symbol: http://www.asexuality.org/wiki/index.php?title=AVEN_Triangle

Our wiki is fun and interactive.

I'm not sure, but I think the half-filled heart used to be the symbol of demi-sexuality

Jillianimal
Ut is a symbol and it is similar to the AVEN triangle.

What's it look like?

Somebody should post a photo of a black ring on there.

I think we need a big catchy symbol, akin to the rainbow flag. And we already have one: (I mean this in all seriousness) CAKE! How about a flag with a slice of cake on it? It's cheery and would help dispel the notion that we're all a bunch of dour celibates.

I think we need a big catchy symbol, akin to the rainbow flag. And we already have one: (I mean this in all seriousness) CAKE! How about a flag with a slice of cake on it? It's cheery and would help dispel the notion that we're all a bunch of dour celibates.

This.

No sex? No problem! Let them eat cake! *shot*

I don't think we have an official symbol as of yet but a lot of us wear the black ring. That is, a plain black ring on your right hand middle finger.

Quite honestly I prefer the shaded triangle to the heart, as the heart implies romance of some sort (and I don't consider myself romantic) and the half filled triangle makes it look like you must be one or the other. :)

you*hear*but*do*you*listen
Quite honestly I prefer the shaded triangle to the heart, as the heart implies romance of some sort (and I don't consider myself romantic) and the half filled triangle makes it look like you must be one or the other. :)

Yeah, I thought the heart was for romantic asexuals. I like the AVEN shaded triangle, personally.

frozen moment

haha I like this idea; trouble is while the AVEN cake is catchy it might be a bit to complex for all circumstances? I don't know... a symbol seems like it should be fairly simple yet strong. The cake is strong, granted, but not really simple.

I don't think we have an official symbol as of yet but a lot of us wear the black ring. That is, a plain black ring on your right hand middle finger.

the black ring is good too!! *proud of new black ring* :)

Somebody should post a photo of a black ring on there.

Just a plain black ring :) Wig is optional.

photo69c.th.jpg

(It's on my right hand but the photo got flipped)

Okay, here's a non-silly photo if anyone wants to use it for the wiki.

photo70.jpg

Sorry, I'm scared to mess with the wiki.

(I edited this post so it would make some sense)

silentdreamer

The black ring is cool, but since I dont like wearing rings, I'd probably toss it on a necklace and wear it all wrong. I like the triangle symbol. It reminds me of when people kept saying the teletubie, Tinkiewinkie was gay because he has a upside down triangle on his head and often wore a pink tutu and carried a purse. Perhaps he was just asexual and transgendered :lol:

TheMuffinMan

Um...hate to go off topic here. But is that the symbol for pi on the polyamory flag? Is this some sort of math reference I'm not getting? Is it because pi repeats infinitely? That's a bit of a stretch. If they can have pi I say we can have cake.

Guest EGDingCale'sTeapot

At the epic meetup this weekend, Cale and I randomly took turns punching each other in the arm.

I think a picture of two aces punching each other seems pretty asexy.

*innocent face*

Or maybe with how easy I bruise, I could like draw a triangle on the bruise, and it would be cool... 'cause if we get a pic early enough the bruise would be purple. :wub:

Um...hate to go off topic here. But is that the symbol for pi on the polyamory flag? Is this some sort of math reference I'm not getting? Is it because pi repeats infinitely? That's a bit of a stretch. If they can have pi I say we can have cake.
The poly pride flag consists of three equal horizontal colored stripes with a symbol in the center of the flag. The colors of the stripes, from top to bottom, are as follows: blue, representing the openness and honesty among all partners with which we conduct our multiple relationships; red, representing love and passion; and black, representing solidarity with those who, though they are open and honest with all participants of their relationships, must hide those relationships from the outside world due to societal pressures. The symbol in the center of the flag is a gold Greek lowercase letter 'pi', as the first letter of 'polyamory'. The letter's gold color represents the value that we place on the emotional attachment to others, be the relationship friendly or romantic in nature, as opposed to merely primarily physical relationships.

Source: http://www.isomedia.com/homes/jene/flag.html

Gotanks0407

i personally use the ace of spades as my ace design and sign cuz its usually far more intricate and artsy then the ace of hearts and i think the use of a heart would imply romance, so the ace of spades is my sign. ill have to find or create a symbol

kitchenwitch

I like the Aces from the deck (I've seen spades and hearts), I like the purple triangle, I like the black ring (must pick one up), and I like the cake idea.

I'm pretty agreeable today. :)

Jillianimal
I like the Aces from the deck (I've seen spades and hearts), I like the purple triangle, I like the black ring (must pick one up), and I like the cake idea.

I'm pretty agreeable today. :)

So then tomorrow all these ideas are out? :P

Jillianimal
I thought the purple triangle was a gay symbol?

It's pink, but I think purple is used bis.

Ace of hearts? I think it's perfect..

When I hear the word 'ace' I always think of ace of spades, but now that you mention it ace of hearts would be more appropriate. :)

EDIT: Oh, Gotanks0407 mentioned ace of spades too.

When I hear the word 'ace' I always think of ace of spades

I think of fighter pilots, but that as our symbol would not help our PR. :D However cool they might be. 8)

The capital letter A, aces, inverted triangle, purple-ness, black ring worn on middle right finger, and last but not least...cake. 8)

I'm still surprised when people start talking about black rings being a symbol of asexuality. One innocent little comment in a thread and four years later it's an icon…

The irony is that I rarely wear one myself.

sinisterporpoise
When I hear the word 'ace' I always think of ace of spades

I think of fighter pilots, but that as our symbol would not help our PR. :D However cool they might be. 8)

Thank god I'm not the only one.