Book: Understanding Asexuality

Did anybody order/buy/read this book already?

I'd love to, but it's so expensive! I'm sure it's interesting, because he seemed to know what he was talking about in the (A)sexual documentary.

Here's a link from Amazon with a description of the content.

Maybe it can be gotten at libraries, after it's released?

Maybe it can be gotten at libraries, after it's released?

Anyone can try specifically requesting the book at their local/university library. They often have sections of their websites for suggestions like this (ex. NYPL) or you can contact someone more directly. The fact it is the first book of its kind may encourage librarians to purchase it, especially if someone expresses an interest.

Actually, here is some advice on this exact topic.

I'll use some of the $$$ I got was advanced on the asexual film being shot in Philly April 26-27(all Aces are welcome to be part of it as extras). I will review the book honestly!

• 2 weeks later...
Crickets4ricky

Another way to pick this up would be to look it up on WorldCat. It'll probably take some time but you just have to register and voila! So far four libraries (in the U.S.) are listed as holding a copy.

Best bet is just to get it at a library. I'm sure my uni library will get a copy in.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is another link to Barnes & Noble. They write that it's coming out in August & have added a table of contents.

Only 4 months to go. :)

Batman's Ace

After reading the overview and table of contents, four months is gonna take forever.

Looking at the layout of the cover as shown on Amazon there, I'd love to know how many people read it as "Understanding a Sexuality" :P

Hmm...I might look into getting it when it comes out, could make for an interesting read.

• 3 months later...
Lord Happy Toast

A limited preview of the book is now available on google books. Google is saying that the book is supposed to come out on the 16th of this month, and Amazon now lists a Kindle version as coming out on the same day.

Mademoiselle Pink

Am I seeing it wrong or does Amazon not have the ebook version available while Barnes&Noble does?

I'd much prefer to buy the kindle version...

Am I seeing it wrong or does Amazon not have the ebook version available while Barnes&Noble does?

I'd much prefer to buy the kindle version...

I'd wait and see. I'm sure they'll both have it digitally but if Amazon doesn't have it listed yet it leads me to believe the date might be a placeholder that hasn't been updated in a while. Here's hoping though, it sounds fascinating.

Lord Happy Toast

The Kindle version became available today on the Amazon.com website at midnight Pacific time. (I purchased about 2 min. later...)

Chapter 9 (in the ToC): Do you have hypoactive skydiving disorder? I must get the book for that alone. (I looked inside the book on Amazon).

Has anyone been able to buy the hardcover edition from someplace reputable? Amazon.com doesn't have it at all (They have "New" and "Used", but see my note about "reputable"...), Barnes and Noble is says it's available but my pre-order was "delayed", Amazon.ca has it for "pre-order" still (With a release date of yesterday...), Amazon.co.uk has it as being released in October, Powell's is also in pre-order land, Elliot Bay Books is "temporarily out", and UW pretends it doesn't even exist. It looks like the publisher themselves might have it, and I'm a bit tempted to cancel my preorder and try with them if nothing happens in the next couple of days.

(By "reputable", I mean someplace that's known to not be a middleman. There are a lot of online book sellers, even in the Amazon Marketplace, that simply buy the book from somewhere else when you order it. They don't actually have the stock. That means if they were planning to ship the book to you by buying it from Amazon or B&N, they're not going to have much luck if Amazon or B&N isn't selling it to them.)

And hey, know what *is* in stock and available today? </ShamelessPlug>

Hi! re-signed up to AVEN (been years since I was here) hoping to find/join in discussion about Bogaert's new book...reading it on Kindle as I type. Or. Well. When I get done typing, I'll go back to it. ANYWAY. What is this, "Asexuality, a brief introduction" ...? :) Lots going on around here I see!

It's now available on kindle in the UK, but hardback not due out til October. A few new/used copies available.