Fictosexuality?

GlacierK

Not sure if this is the place, but a mod can move it if need be. sorry! :redface:

Ok, I've read through the threads that pertain to this but never really got any clarity. So I thought I'd start a thread. I know folks here aren't the type to put a label on others since it's our own perogative to label ourselves if we wish, but I just realized I'm Asexual.....to only real life people though. When it comes to fantasy characters (cartoons, book characters, live action characters((NOT THE ACTORS))), I've got a very big libido and if I find a character attractive, I want to have sex with them. Not only that, but most of these characters aren't even human, they're alien, anthros or monsters.

But when I think about real people, sex downright disgusts me. I'm totally turned off by the thought of having sex with people, always have been. But I've always had crushes on fictional characters, especially cartoons ever since I can remember. I know some Asexuals still masturbate and have a libido, and I truely believe I'm Asexual, but it confuses me because if I'm Asexual, then why do I why am I able to have such sexual cravings for these toons? I don't believe anythings wrong with me, and if folks irl ask me what my sexuality is, I simply go "Asexual" because it's immensely easier than saying "Fictosexual" since you have to go through explaining it then getting people rejecting you over the concept because "you need help".

I know sexual fantasies are healthy, and I don't let these crushes and daydreams effect my life (even though I have a very deep connection with a certain character, but that's a different story for another time), I'm still a productive member of society, but I'm just curious if other Asexuals have this little thing that goes on with them? I seem to be Asexual in reality, but Pansexual in fantasy.

For you Asexuals that do still masturbate, do you ever have crushes or sexual fantasies for fictional characters?

I do fantasize about fictional characters instead of real people, but I don't want to do anything with them and I'm never involved or present in my fantasies; it's just a fictional character with another fictional character.

orangeorange

As I don't want to have sex with real people, I wouldn't mind having sex with a fictional character. It's not that they turn me on or I have sexual cravings. I simply know I could totally do them, if things started to get heated whereas I'd restrain from sex irl.

Hi there ^_^

I describe myself as pan-fictoromantic (as opposed to fictosexual) because although I develop strong emotional/romantic connections to fictional characters, of varying genders, races, and species (have my whole life) and although sexual feelings are involved, I as myself would never personally have sex with said characters (because I dislike so strongly the way that sex feels). Instead, I insert an original character, whom interacts on a sexual/romantic level with the character I am in love with/attracted to, and I experience feelings through the original character. . . If that makes any sense at all. However in 'real life' (whatever that is) I am demisensual heteromantic.

treenearthewater

I do fantasize about fictional characters instead of real people, but I don't want to do anything with them and I'm never involved or present in my fantasies; it's just a fictional character with another fictional character.

This is my experience as well. I don't even get turned on by the fantasies, really, any more than I would by any other daydream. And it's just involving two fictional characters with each other--I'm never present.

I sometimes fantasize about myself with a fictional character, but usually I imagine two fictional characters, from the point of view of one of the characters.

OP, I totally get what you are experiencing - I've been like that most all of my life as well. I'm glad I'm not the only one, though I often feel like the odd one out and I identify as grey-asexual (meaning that there have been a handful of times in my life when I've had a mad crush on a guy in real life and I could imagine myself having sex with him, but this only occurs in the rare instance I have a crush on someone). The only difference with me is (other than being grey-a and having those few token instances of crushing on and fantasizing about sex with a real person) is that all of the characters that populate my sexual fantasy life are those that I myself have created, in a vaguely "Pygmalion-esque" way. And none of my characters are fully human, and some are anything but. Now I might get turned on by some fictional character in a movie, book or other media if there's any kind of sexual suggestion or actual sex with a human character, but in general I prefer my own creations, if simply because I don't think there is much out there on this sort of "subject" anyway (other than perhaps in sci-fi when you soemtimes have human/alien "matings").

Other than those few hard crushes, I just can't imagine having sexual intercourse with another person, and to imagine it does nothing for me as far as stoking my libido or providing any fantasy material for masturbation. Now, I might have people (real or otherwise) in my fantasies but they play "supporting roles" and I never have intercourse with them.

Archived