For those who do not identify as fully English /American/Australian/NZ/any other English speaking country.

DuskGiselle96

DuskGiselle96

Hi.

I have a confession - I'm from England, and English is the only language I am completely fluent in. But I'm half Iranian so I have a mild excuse here :P Id just be really interested to meet some people whose first language is not English. Please say hello/salut/ciao/namaste/helo/guten tag/hola/however you say hello in your language. Would love to meet you.

Dusk

Γεια σου!

I'm from Greece! Nice to meet you! :)

DuskGiselle96

Hola :D

Hola, que tal? Hablo un poco de espanol

Hallo,

I am German and also US-American (also citizen of both^^). German is my mother language (literally :P) but to be honest I like English more^^

Edit: Technically speaking both languages are my first language as I was raised with both :lol:

DuskGiselle96

Γεια σου!

I'm from Greece! Nice to meet you! :)

Ummm.... Athens and Sparta! ;) too! :)

DuskGiselle96

Hallo,

I am German and also US-American (also citizen of both^^). German is my mother language (literally :P) but to be honest I like English more^^

Edit: Technically speaking both languages are my first language as I was raised with both :lol:

Hallo,

Ich.. Er... Ich... cant speak much German. Sorry!! But hallo! :)

Cool como te va a ti? En verdad que yo hablo spanglish mas que nada XD

Hallo,

I'm like that too with Spanish and English :lol: Spanish is my first language and I didn't actually learn decent English until I was like 9 or 10 (I was kinda late) but once I did it stuck and I speak a very mixed sort of Spanish XD

Hallo,

I'm like that too with Spanish and English :lol: Spanish is my first language and I didn't actually learn decent English until I was like 9 or 10 (I was kinda late) but once I did it stuck and I speak a very mixed sort of Spanish XD

Similary^^ Nowadays I almost completely switched to English. My computer I am using has an English OS. My phone is set to English. My laptop has a US-keyboard. I even think in English all the time :P

The only time I use German is when interacting with other people^^

Hei!

I'm Finnish and born in Finland, although I grew up in Bristol, England and English is practically my other native language.

Hallo,

Similary^^ Nowadays I almost completely switched to English. My computer I am using has an English OS. My phone is set to English. My laptop has a US-keyboard. I even think in English all the time :P

The only time I use German is when interacting with other people^^

Yeah, that's exactly what I'm like XD Everything's set to English and I made a decision to actually switch my thoughts to English years ago. Originally it was so I could become more familiar with the language and really, really learn it but I do like it more than Spanish so I never went back; I even dream in English most of the time :lol:

Curiously enough, I talk (and write if I'm chatting with friends from real life) a lot of Spanglish but I'm not very good at speaking in full English :blush:

(...)

Yeah, that's exactly what I'm like XD Everything's set to English and I made a decision to actually switch my thoughts to English years ago. Originally it was so I could become more familiar with the language and really, really learn it but I do like it more than Spanish so I never went back; I even dream in English most of the time :lol:

Curiously enough, I talk (and write if I'm chatting with friends from real life) a lot of Spanglish but I'm not very good at speaking in full English :blush:

I didn't made the decision consciously. Things like playing video games in English was way more fun somehow and then it slowly began to extend to other things. I don't often dream with speech...it is kinda strange people are speaking but often it is no spoken in a language it is more like I know what they are talking and I feel like it isn't really in any language XD I don't even know if I know what I mean

I remember I stopped watching stuff in Spanish and decided to switch to English and read more books in English, think in English, etc. I hope to do something similar with German after I've learned the basics someday because it's a really awesome language and I'd love to learn it :D So far though, I just know pronouns, a tiny bit about conjugation that I've almost forgotten, numbers (which I've also almost forgotten, at least the big ones), and a few random words XD

I remember I stopped watching stuff in Spanish and decided to switch to English and read more books in English, think in English, etc. I hope to do something similar with German after I've learned the basics someday because it's a really awesome language and I'd love to learn it :D So far though, I just know pronouns, a tiny bit about conjugation that I've almost forgotten, numbers (which I've also almost forgotten, at least the big ones), and a few random words XD

Yeah that how it happened with me as well :D It's a nice language but to confuse you:

Rindfleischetikettierungsüberwachungsaufgabenübertragungsgesetz

We have the coolest words :P

I love this word, it's so funny :lol:

DuskGiselle96

Hallo,

Hallo,

Bueno gracias. Jajaja! Tengo Spanglish amigos. :) .... I have a Welsh friend who is bilingual with English and speaks a very mixed version of Welsh, bless him!

DuskGiselle96

Salam!

I'm a native French speaker with a unfulfilled desire to learn Farsi :)

Salut! Mais t'habite en Suisse? :) (Sorry bad French, it's late here) :P

DuskGiselle96

(...)

I didn't made the decision consciously. Things like playing video games in English was way more fun somehow and then it slowly began to extend to other things. I don't often dream with speech...it is kinda strange people are speaking but often it is no spoken in a language it is more like I know what they are talking and I feel like it isn't really in any language XD I don't even know if I know what I mean

Oh god I am SO happy in not the only one who has put video games on alternate languages!! xD

DuskGiselle96

Yeah that how it happened with me as well :D It's a nice language but to confuse you:

Rindfleischetikettierungsüberwachungsaufgabenübertragungsgesetz

We have the coolest words :P

I love this word, it's so funny :lol:

The rind on your fruit is stickier than a rung out super load of washing that numbert rung out instead of having sex?

DuskGiselle96

Hej! Greetings from Sweden. :)

oooh, Sweden ♥

Hei!

I'm Finnish and born in Finland, although I grew up in Bristol, England and English is practically my other native language.

I love the Finnish accent. Think you guys speak better English than we do!!

Salam!

I'm a native French speaker with a unfulfilled desire to learn Farsi :)

Salut! Mais t'habite en Suisse? :) (Sorry bad French, it's late here) :P

Oui, dans la partie francophone :)

No problem, your French is better than my Farsi, late or not :P

DuskGiselle96

! مرحبا

*waves towards Lebanon* :) You have a lovely picture, sir.

! مرحبا

*waves towards Lebanon* :) You have a lovely picture, sir.

Oh! Why, thank you. And I think Giselle is a particularly lovely name.

! مرحبا

!مرحبا! انا ادرس اللغة العربية في الجامعة. انا في الصف الاول فقط, ولكن ادرس كثيرا

! مرحبا

!مرحبا! انا ادرس اللغة العربية في الجامعة. انا في الصف الاول فقط, ولكن ادرس كثيرا

! لغتك العربية جيدة بالنسبة لصف أول. من الواضح انكي تدرسين كثيراً

Archived