asexual.virgin

happiness and asexuality  

1. 1. happiness after discovering asexuality

• yes, i am happy with being asexual
    • yes and no, from time to time i do not feel happy being asexual
    • no, i am not happy with being asexual
  2. 2. my most important driver for not being happy is

• lonelyness
    • social pressure to sex( sex + love is so important to other and they do not see asexuality)
    • social pressure by being different
    • pressure by covering up
    • bullying / jokes / ...
    • I am happy, so it does not apply to me
    • other reasons
  3. 3. when you are not happy (after discovering asexuality), do you ever feel like you have to try to live sexual life ?

• I am happy, so it does not apply to me
    • trying to change to sexual is a crazy idea
    • trying to change to sexual, i tried to it did work

This poll is closed to new votes

asexual.virgin

many seem to be happy with being asexual. for me it changes. sometimes i feel OK , sometimes i feel pressured to change

and that makes me feel sad

I'm very happy with being asexual. I can see why some people may not because they feel like an outsider to the hypersexual world, but personally, since sex doesn't interest me, I don't dwell on the "odd" ways of others. My unhappiness is caused more by school and boredom.

Perfectly happy with it. There's stuff that irks me about my life (learned to live with it and still be sufficiently content... antideps helped a lot), but not wanting sex has never been one of them.

Your last question is a little odd. Maybe you should have options? I would put that 'I would try to have a sexual life' if I'm upset about being ace. Also, someone could be avidly trying to have a sexual life and it 'not work'.

Just a thought. I like your poll though. I put "trying to change to sexual is a crazy" for the last one. Just because none of them apply to me, but that's closest to me (though I don't find it crazy)

I'm mostly pretty happy being an ace. I do feel lonely sometimes though and I wonder if I'll ever end up with anyone who gets me or whether I'll end up compromising and that can be a sad road. For the most part though, I'm pretty happy.

I am happy with being asexual, because I found myself!

(I'm not exactly happy with my romantic orientation, though)

marmalade-cats

I'm very happy with being asexual! I finally have a label that fits what I feel, and I can relate to a lot of other people (at least online if not in person) that share the same label!

Sometimes I do get lonely though, but I don't regret not being sexual. Sex doesn't make me happy, so wanting a sexual relationship or being able to have sexual attraction to someone wouldn't make me any happier. It might make it easier to find a boyfriend, but again, sex doesn't make me happy. It has the opposite effect a lot of times.

While I generally am happy with being (gray)asexual, sometimes I do get concerned with what that'll mean for my relationship with my sexual boyfriend. He knows all about asexuality since I've been open to him about it, but sometimes I worry that I will never be comfortable enough with the thought of sex to satisfy his physical needs, thus dooming him to a life of masturbation and temptation to indulge in hentai (a habit he recently broke) to fulfill his desires...

I'm happy about it. It's who I am, and I don't feel I need to change. Also, how would you do that?

I'm happy being asexual; discovering my asexuality finally put me in touch with my true self. :)

• 3 weeks later...
& I'm a heretic

For the most part I am happy. I like being this way.

I've identified for a little over a year now. I've been dating my boyfriend for almost 10 months. I was out (after I identified) to one boyfriend before that, and out to the boyfriend before that after we had broken up (when I started identifying, but he obviously already knew I didn't want sex.) It's confusing for me because before I met my boyfriend, I was a complete virgin, the farthest I had gone was making out if you'd even call it that. Getting further into my relationship with my boyfriend, we started doing more sexual things and it took a lot of adjustment for me, but we did those things because we both liked them. Eventually I developed feelings~ and now we pretty much have sex without the sex part of it. I feel like I've changed in a lot of aspects, but not at the same time. It was easy to identify as ace before, but now that I do more things and have more feelings it's almost as if I feel less worthy of the term. But the bottom line is that I don't want sex with him or anyone else. I like that. I don't want to want sex, but sometimes I feel like it'd be way easier if I did want it.

WhenSummersGone

Yes and no, from time to time I do not feel happy about my orientation. The no is mostly social pressure by being different and that I don't understand what most people are talking about. Trying to change to sexual is a crazy idea, and I've already tried to enjoy sex itself and it didn't work. I need the connection to experience sexual attraction.

Guest member25959

It's not really something that I'd take pride in... I take pride in my achievements, and I wouldn't say that my sexual orientation is an achievement

• 7 months later...

I answered yes and no. Loneliness is the big problem. I am happy being asexual, and there is no point my trying to change, but an empty house every night does get depressing from time to time.

• 4 months later...

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organization, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to re-start new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

Lady Girl, Moderator

Archived