Any interest in Flight Discounts for WorldPride?

Is there any interest in group, student, and other flight discounts for those of you who are planning on going to WorldPride 2014 and who also have a degree of certainty in knowing whether you're attending the event?

See post #3

I am only asking those who are somewhat committed to going, have the time to go and possibly the resources already in place to attend right now. This particular question/offer is only going to be available until the end of February at the latest.

If you are interested in getting group, student, and other discounts on flights, please post in this thread stating your interest. It would also be really beneficial if you were to state which airport you are planning on leaving from like so: "LAX (Los Angeles, US)" and whether or not you are a student. If you don't feel comfortable stating it in this thread, please PM the airport name to me.

For those of you who cannot commit to purchasing flight tickets by the end of February at the latest, there will be other opportunities to obtain flight discounts. I will make a thread at least every month (possibly more depending on necessity) to ask if anyone is interested in getting group and other discounts on flights.

Note: Most airlines require a minimum of 10 people to qualify for group discounts. Some airlines do not require travelers to be flying from the same destination; they only require the group to be flying to the same destination. If you are a student, you can obtain discounts and if you are a student who is part of a group of people traveling to the same destination, you can also obtain flight discounts. For more information regarding flight discounts, see this thread.

• 1 month later...

There are a few current flight discounts that will last until the beginning of April. If there's anyone who knows they will go to WorldPride at this current point in time and is interested in obtaining group and/or student flight discounts, please fill out the spreadsheet linked in the thread in post #1.

• 3 months later...

Anyone still interested in flight pooling? This is a last minute call. Please post in the thread, message me on AVEN, or email asexuality2014@gmail.com if you have any interest.

There is currently someone in the midwest US trying to get an academic grant to cover the costs. So if anyone who is interested in flight pooling needs extra people, please let me know. Keep in mind that some airlines such as American Airlines do not require travelers to be flying from the same destination; they only require the group to be flying to the same destination.

• 8 years later...

(Below is an official, green, mod message.)

Hi, everyone. This event has finished.

So, it's being locked.

LeChat,

Welcome Lounge, Announcements, and Alternate Language moderator