• Low sensitivity and like physical contact
    • Average sensitivity and like physical contact
    • High sensitivity and like physical contact
    • Low sensitivity and DONT like physical contact
    • Average sensitivity and DONT like physical contact
    • High sensitivity and DONT like physical contact

This poll is closed to new votes

Teras Mania

I'm totally into squeezy hugs, cuddling, holding hands, and even shoulder and neck rubs. But anything past that makes me really uncomfortable. I can't kiss my boyfriend for more than 1 or 2 seconds without wanting to vomit :?

I'm very sensitive to touch. Whether I enjoy it or not depends on how I feel about the person touching me.

My sentiments exactly :)

Where I work (a deli), a lot of people seem to like to grab my shoulder or touch my back when they're near me so I don't run into them or something. I HATE IT!! Conversely, I love getting cuddles from my nephews.

Come to think of it, maybe I'm not that sensitive to touch. Or only sensitive to light touch... Since there's a lot of touching of various types [usually grabbing, twisting, locking, etc.] when I do martial arts, and that never bothers me. I also have a decent threshold for pain, although that's probably just because I've gotten used to being put into joint locks, pinned down, sat upon, and poked in the throat [one of the 2nd degree black belts substitutes that for 'hello' if he likes you]... :?

Depending on what part of my skin, I range from average to absurdly sensitive.

I also have a bubble of personal space that starts at arm's reach; until I'm comfortable with a person, stepping inside that radius is asking to have me reflexively hit you. It really is reflex, too - I've had a few people try to kill me, and while I'm a lot less prone to actually acting on the impulse these days, it does still happen that someone sets off my triggers about someone moving the wrong way in the wrong location. Generally it's just backhanding someone across the torso to knock them away/block access to risky areas, but a couple times I've almost slammed my elbow into a couple of coworkers' heads... Not for the last year or so, thankfully, so I think I've managed to nullify that particular reaction.

Needless to say, I don't like being touched except by a very limited number of people.

I'm not very sensitive to touch, in fact, it seems in some places on my body I'm very unsensitive to it. It's not that I'm numb in those places, I definately don't feel numb, I just don't seem register feeling in those places quite as well. I've had people touch me (such as to get my attention) and not even realize it until they say something, or I register the movement in my periphery.

As for physical contact, I don't mind it; I like it in most cases, although I find myself lately shying away from it a lot when it comes from my SO, kind of a knee jerk reaction as with him it tends to lead to other things. :?

Im Low sensitivity and like physical contact

me and my bro beat each other up alot, so I dont even mind getting hit

• 4 years later...

Highly sensitive to touch. I put I like physical contact, but I only like it in certain contexts: hugs, cuddling, back rubs, etc. I DO NOT like kissing, tickling, poking, groping, etc.

Average sensitivity to touch, but I don't like it much, from any person.

High sensitivity to touch, and I loved it, from the one I still love (sadly it's a one sided feeling now).

When it comes to love, for me every little caress counts. I like all kinds of touch, and wish for it to happen often. I never want to let a hug loose, never want a kiss to end, and when side by side I'd rather not sleep so that I could feel our closeness (which eventually put me to sleep, because his proximity was the most soothing sensation I have ever had).

SquirrelCat

I have LOW sesitivity and I DON'T like physical touch.

I have never enjoyed being touched. Hugs, kisses, even a pat on the shoulder makes me shudder; I feel exposed and vulnerable. Every single time I feel my body prepare itself for fight or flight; my heartrate increases and I pretty much stop breathing until the moment is over.

Possibly TMI

I actually have places which should be erogenous zones but aren't... Okay, to put it more simply: I have only one working erogenous zone and that is genetalia.

I´m hypersensitive on touch, tickle, pain...everything. And I don´t like to be touched by people I don´t know very well, so generally I don´t like physical contact.

Member33070

Highly sensitive, generally like it. Hugs and cuddles are the best. Petting by a significant other would be loved a lot. Awkward accidental brushes are awkward.

I can feel other people who are sitting anywhere within 1.5 feet away from my body - their every move. I can also sense irregularities in my skin - scabs, cuts, bites, etc. There have also been several times that I have felt bugs land on me (like mosquitoes) and apparently you're not supposed to be able to feel that for many insects.

Kurai-Tenshi_Niks

Mine is average, maybe a little more lower than most females. I generally don't like physical contact, simply because the feeling of having someone else touching me makes me feel irritated. I don't like people initiating hugs/kisses with me unless I haven't seen them in a really long time, or I'm slightly inebriated.

Some of my guy friends always insist on giving me hugs as greetings, which annoys me, because I'd rather a fist-bump or something far less encasing. Although, I don't mind getting hugs or kisses off girls, I'm not entirely sure why, it's just not as annoying to me.

FrozenCherry

I feel easely. I am in pain even little things. And I am all over bruises <_< . But I love cuddling and kissing :wub:

I don't really know how to answer this...

Truth be told, I'm not even sure if I'm asexual or not xD. But anyway, I'm extremely low in the sensitive touching scale, and I don't really like being touched... but I WANT to like being touched, if you get my meaning ^^; meh, I confuse myself sometimes lol. And by 'like' of being touched, I need to have known them for a while, random creepy people I know off hand are no-goes, so random creepy cuddles or kisses are weird too xD

I'm really sensitive and ticklish as well. I tend to try to attack people who tickle me; it's such a jolt that I start punching before I can even figure out what just happened. Anyone else do that?

Archived