Lambda Corvus

The New Aromantic Thread (v.1.5)

AllTimeBubble
1 hour ago, mexicanpotato said:

I've never had a crush, I don't get why someone would want to kiss other person in the mouth (gross for me)

I relate, like who decided that kissing is a thing, who were the first people to sit and say "oh, what a good idea, putting lips together, yay saliva" I dont get the appeal.

• Like 1

Anthracite_Impreza
48 minutes ago, AllTimeBubble said:

I relate, like who decided that kissing is a thing, who were the first people to sit and say "oh, what a good idea, putting lips together, yay saliva" I dont get the appeal.

Trust me, I didn't get it either, but then it just sorta... happened. Best I can say is that it was an instinct, though whether that's true or not I don't know.

Obviously not with a human, but still.

PittAce92
On 4/10/2019 at 4:19 PM, mexicanpotato said:

Hello people

I'm 16, ace and 99% sure I'm aromantic

I've never had a crush, I don't get why someone would want to kiss other person in the mouth (gross for me), I also don't get why someone would want a romantic relationship or how someone can have strong romantic feelings for someone. When my friends talk about their crushes or boyfriends I simply don't have nothing to add to the conversation but "I haven't had a crush" and when they try to get me someone or bother me with a fake crush I'm like "I really don't care about this because I don't want any of this"

Sooo, I'm pretty sure I'm aromantic and I guess I'm just trying to get some validation or something like people with similar experiences...

Whatever, thanks for reading my crazy ramble, hope you understand it 

As I always tell everyone, my disclaimer is you know yourself more than anyone else, so what I say does not need to be taken as a final opinion. :) 

However, what you describe is best what I describe my own experiences towards my final conclusion for my own aromanticism: 1) Do not care for a relationship ; 2) Don't desire the continuous relationship needs (kissing, etc.); 3) Prefer friendships and family. Really for me, 1) was the deciding factor, but 2) also plays into it. Number 3) is somewhat related, but just confirms that is really all I need and want.

So, based on what you have said here about yourself, I would 100% agree with your personal decision! :) 

• Like 1

mexicanpotato
12 hours ago, PittAce92 said:

As I always tell everyone, my disclaimer is you know yourself more than anyone else, so what I say does not need to be taken as a final opinion. :) 

However, what you describe is best what I describe my own experiences towards my final conclusion for my own aromanticism: 1) Do not care for a relationship ; 2) Don't desire the continuous relationship needs (kissing, etc.); 3) Prefer friendships and family. Really for me, 1) was the deciding factor, but 2) also plays into it. Number 3) is somewhat related, but just confirms that is really all I need and want.

So, based on what you have said here about yourself, I would 100% agree with your personal decision! :) 

Thanks for replying :)

I finally accepted that I'm aro and now everything makes sense haha, t feels like when I discovered I was ace

I'm not planning on telling anyone mainly because that doesn't change who I am cos I have always been like this, anyone who knows me wknows that I say "I haven't had a crush/I'm planning on being single forever/Dogs are the love of my life" like 5000 times a week sooo

• Like 1