WorldPride 2014 Poster Design (call for suggestions)

sunmarsh, is it Young St, or Younge St?

It looks really nice ^_^

Nice catch, it should be Younge. I've corrected it now. :) And thanks.

• Like 1

I must say it actually looks better now without the hearts and spades.

Looks nice, sunmarsh and Aqua! :)

Aqua: Since there is some white space at the bottom, do you mind if you move the ace+rainbow flag a bit lower so it doesn't overlap with the 'y'?

I've updated the original post about what should be on the poster.

It is also a good idea for qr codes to be linked to social media instead of websites.

Nice catch, it should be Younge. I've corrected it now. :) And thanks.

Not to be picky but its Yonge Street, there's no u in the word. :) It looks awesome btw!

You're not being picky; we would look silly if we incorrectly listed the street name! Thank you for catching that for us. :) (I will update the pic shortly.)

amygdala or to whom it may concern: I'm not sure how the selection of the posters will work... but I guess I will just note here that if selected I can be contacted here on AVEN or by email (in profile) if I need to create a print version versus a digital version, or what specific link should be given in the QR code. I'm also open to changing the poster according to the needs of whoever is printing the poster/where it's being displayed.

amygdala or to whom it may concern: I'm not sure how the selection of the posters will work... but I guess I will just note here that if selected I can be contacted here on AVEN or by email (in profile) if I need to create a print version versus a digital version, or what specific link should be given in the QR code. I'm also open to changing the poster according to the needs of whoever is printing the poster/where it's being displayed.

We won't need different versions for different media. We are still in the early stages of designing and haven't confirmed the conference location yet, so it will be a while before we start worrying about printing.

There's no reason we can't have multiple posters. I think these are all amazing, I'm in favour of picking a few favourites and printing off a couple different versions. I mean, why not? And it makes the campaign more interesting ;)

• Like 1

Robin L - I admittedly overlooked your submission initially, but I think a hand-drawn style flyer would actually be really attention-grabbing because it's unexpected. Think about if we printed that on paper that resembled or even WAS lined notebook paper. People might think it was cool... or maybe that we're just crazy lol... Either way I think it's something to consider.

Robin L - I admittedly overlooked your submission initially, but I think a hand-drawn style flyer would actually be really attention-grabbing because it's unexpected. Think about if we printed that on paper that resembled or even WAS lined notebook paper. People might think it was cool... or maybe that we're just crazy lol... Either way I think it's something to consider.

Thanks, sunmarsh. Maybe I should get a higher-resolution copy scanned.

There's no reason we can't have multiple posters. I think these are all amazing, I'm in favour of picking a few favourites and printing off a couple different versions. I mean, why not? And it makes the campaign more interesting ;)

Very good point. :cake:

Shall we have a few different designs, or vote on one?

• 3 weeks later...

I have absolutely no design talent for something like this and won't be submitting anything, but I see validity in several designs, but a *limited* number of designs. As such, I think voting is valid, but I think it would be worth going with the top 3 results.

Those top 3 results could then either be used for different functions (as in, some for web, some for print, etc) or just all used for everything. That way we have a little bit of variety, but not so much that it seems disorganized.

Does anyone else have poster designs they wish to submit? This is last call.

Other notes:

It's been discussed that we will be using this poster as the default poster: http://i.imgur.com/OoD6bmf.jpg

(logo and location blurred until conference location is confirmed

Any other posters submitted will be used as optional posters for people to choose from if they wish.

• 9 years later...

(Below is an official, green, mod message.)

Hi, everyone. This event has finished.

So, it's being locked.

LeChat,

Welcome Lounge, Announcements, and Alternate Language moderator