WP 2014 Tinychat and meetings

• 2 weeks later...

Are there planned meetings for the future? I only just discovered this :P (Ya, I know, I'm slow... you may in fact have to babysit me a little :P )

Are there planned meetings for the future? I only just discovered this :P (Ya, I know, I'm slow... you may in fact have to babysit me a little :P )

The tinychat meeting was originally planned because tinychat was the only platform that michaeld knew of where a medium-sized group of people could use text, audio, and video chat to communicate without any major issues. During the first meeting, there were issues with people being kicked out of tinychat and screens and audio freezing, so a Skype group was created as a backup. The people who attended the meeting decided to test Skype audio call and they found that it can work without people being cut off if one person did the talking.

There was an informal text-only Skype meeting that occurred a few days after the tinychat meeting. Future meetings will occur in the Skype group, which anyone can request to be a part of - the informal ones will most likely be text only and the formal ones will use audio. (Since you're already in the Skype group, you can just ask the group when the next meeting is).

• 2 weeks later...

Just a note: my skype has been acting up. I will do my best to show up, but if I don't seem to be there, or am not responding, please PM me any relevant details of stuff that I specifically need to do! Otherwise, I may not get it...

Thank you! I really appreciate it, and I apologize for the inconvenience.

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

The next meeting is at 1pm EST this Sat, 22 March. We are going to be discussing march designs and media outreach, as well as wrapping up some things from previous meetings. I hope you can make it! Please, PM me if you need adding to the skype group.

I don't think I can make it unfortunately, but keep me updated on the broad strokes!

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

Anyone that is around this Saturday and is interested in helping with WP, please join us for a meeting on skype at 6pm UK time (1pm EDT), Sat 26 April. We will be discussing where we are regarding the designs, how to get the word out for the conference and any other topics people wish to raise.

Saturday the 26th or Sunday the 27th?

I am always messing dates up. Sat 26. I'll edit. Thanks Heart!

• Like 1

Do you mean 1 PM EDT? If you're going by British Summer Time (BST), then 6 PM BST is 1 PM EDT.

Have you edited the date yet? It still says:

Anyone that is around this Saturday and is interested in helping with WP, please join us for a meeting on skype at 6pm UK time (1pm EDT), Sat 27 April.

Haha. Poor Michaeld. We're such an international group, eh?

• 3 weeks later...

Meeting this Saturday at 1pm EDT to discuss the schedule for the conference!

Hi all,

There are quite a few people who will have difficulty with attending today's meeting (1pm EDT) on the topic of the conference schedule. And this is a rather important one. So what I suggest is we postpone the official conference schedule meeting but have an informal (probably text based) meeting today at 1pm EDT (usual skype group) for those who can make it, to tie up a few loose ends e.g. where we've got to on outreach, materials for the march and conference sundries. We could think about the overall structure of the conference sessions, how the registration and tabling will work - but leave deciding the schedule till next time. That would also give us an opportunity to take into account the replies to the email we just sent asking what sessions people are interested in (let me know if you have registered for the conference but didn't get this email!)

So do come along at 1pm EDT if you are around but it isn't critical to come to this if it's difficult.

Would next Sunday (25 May) at 1pm EDT work for the conference scheduling meeting, for everyone who intends to come along? (I can't do Saturday unfortunately unless it's much later in the day.)

This will be Skype? And in about one hour, yes?

We will be having an informal meeting on skype in 1 hr to tie up some loose ends, in particular:

- how our outreach effort is going

- how our materials for the march are going (are the designs finished? is there anything else we should be designing?)

- a few conference sundries (e.g. how the tabling will work, volunteers for registration and clearing up).

The more critical meeting a week on Sunday will be on designing the conference schedule. We will take into account the views of everyone who replies to our email asking which potential sessions they would like to attend.

• 2 weeks later...

Would next Sunday (25 May) at 1pm EDT work for the conference scheduling meeting, for everyone who intends to come along? (I can't do Saturday unfortunately unless it's much later in the day.)

The more critical meeting a week on Sunday will be on designing the conference schedule. We will take into account the views of everyone who replies to our email asking which potential sessions they would like to attend.

That is now, yes? :)

It looks like no one is there.

*hangs up*

Kelly we've been on skype since 1pm EST. Please log in if you can - we'd definitely like your input.

• 3 weeks later...

Penultimate meeting tomorrow, Monday 16 June! 1pm EDT as usual.

Eeps. I was at work.

Plans look good, yes? :)