Hotel and Daily Event Info Available Yet?

My boyfriend and I are getting the entire week in June off from work as our vacation, and now we're trying to figure out which hotel to book for what days, thinking that this large event is going to fill up hotel rooms very quickly. I guess the events for each day are not yet posted, but do we have any idea yet on which days we'll be doing what?

Also, will someone be submitting the necessary paperwork (licenses/permits) for us to march, etc.? The website says that parade registration is not open yet. What should we think about bringing? I have an outfit ready to go for the parade, but should I also bring an asexuality flag, make pamphlets, etc.? I have no idea if someone is printing leaflets to pass out or if we'll even be able to pass things out. Should I make a sign to carry and should it read something specific (so we all match)? I'll start a list of stuff to bring, like my camera, since I'll never remember everything this far in advance!

If we want a booth at the Streetfair (June 27-29), early bird pricing for registration ends on January 31, 2014.

This year's theme is apparently "Rise Up." Here is the World Pride Toronto Launch Party from InTorontoTV.

I'm really excited for asexuality to be out there in Toronto, and as busy as it is to get things ready for such a large event, I'd rather start on these projects as soon as I can so I have the most time to make it a great experience!

Possibly helpful documents:

Thanks for the resources Oxalis!

The main dates are 28-29 June 2014, the former (Saturday) being our conference and the latter the WorldPride march. See the OP in this thread for a few more details:

http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/93761-welcome-to-the-worldpride-2014-forum/

If any other events are planned I sadly don't know about them...

JJButterworth

I would say come the week before the pride march that is when all events take place. That is would be my suggestion.

Since AVEN has been apart of Toronto pride Omnes et Niihl has taken care of all the paperwork regarding pride, though they are willing to hand it off to anyone who is willing to do it. Unless we get a sampling permit then we will not be able to hand out anything and those permits cost thousands of dollars, so do not worry about leaflets. Other then that feel free to bring anything you want.

As for events there are going to be three march, two conferences and, other type of social events throughout the week. I assume people who are coming in from out of town will get together. I myself was think about getting a group together for a Toronto Blue Jays game, they are on a 10-game, 11-day homestand from June 23rd until July 2nd. I was thinking if I could get 20 confirmed, for one game by may we get a group discount.

As for hotels I would not be an expert in that regard.

• 9 years later...

(Below is an official, green, mod message.)

Hi, everyone. This event has finished.

So, it's being locked.

LeChat,

Welcome Lounge, Announcements, and Alternate Language moderator