Gender/sex Alignment

Robin L

1. 1. Is your gender the same as biological sex?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Do you identify as genderqueer?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

Is your gender the same as biological sex?

(I'm not good at making long introductory posts in census :P )

KasuIsBiscuits

No & No (weird combo, I know :P)

Ha! Same here, I feel ya.

It can be. Sex is what you're born as (female, male, intersex) and gender is what you feel comfortable calling yourself (Cis female, trans man, genderfluid, gender queer, agender, etc...)

No, and no.

Being a child of the 80's in a country that was a bit slow on the social uptake for a while, the word "queer" still has very hurtful connotations to me.

No & No (weird combo, I know :P)

interestingly, 12 of the 22 nos to question 1 so far do not identify as genderqueer so it is so far in the majority of the nos to the first question.

of course the assumption used is that those who answer yes to question 1 all answer no to question 2 which could be flawed.

i answered no and no.

The question asks if you think gender is the same as biological sex. Note that it t does not ask "Is your gender the same as YOUR biological sex".

WhenSummersGone

No and no. I'm not a fan of the word queer to be honest.

The question asks if you think gender is the same as biological sex. Note that it t does not ask "Is your gender the same as YOUR biological

sex".

it actually asks

"Is your gender the same as biological sex" which with the "your gender" part i take to relating to my own personal gender identity.

Technically, no it isn't. I go along with male out of convenience because that's the body I have (call me whatever you like, basically), but in reality I don't identify well with the male gender and am probably somewhere closer toward the other end of the spectrum, or just simply agendered.

I never thought of myself as "genderqueer" specifically because I don't really know what that means. If it's something like "not cisgendered but thinks transgendered isn't exactly the right fit either" then I guess I might apply?

Lambda Corvus

No, my gender does not align with my biological sex.

No, I do not identify as genderqueer.

Notte stellata

I don't know how to answer the first one. I don't understand the concept of gender (well, I know the definition, but it's not a personally relevant concept to me), so in some sense I'm genderless, but I usually don't mind rolling with "female" when answering the gender question, because I don't give a fuss about it.

For the second one though, the answer is a clear "no".

Janus the Fox
No and perhaps...Agendered where I feel disconnected with my male sex to some extent, but comfortable. The Genderqueer thing... Meh, it a very loose label is it just means not being cis, but far outside Trans* descriptions... :unsure:
Kitty Spoon Train

No and no. My gender is basically an irrelevant concept to me, so I have no need to think about it enough to strongly identify as anything.

In practice, I just roll with male though, inasmuch as that stands for biologically male, etc.

No and no. For me genderqueer seems to mean right in the middle, I identify as trans because I lean mostly in the opposite direction from my biology. Although I would say it's more like 85% rather than 100%.

Seems like lots of double no's.

I'm not sure if the first question means mine or generally, but my answer is no.

The second question is a no.

Biologically I do not have a functional reproductive system- I am sterile. My gender identity is solidly male.

• 3 weeks later...

My gender is the same as my sex. The problem is people get the sex wrong. I do consider myself to be genderqueer and twospirit.

• 2 months later...
AnomalyEternal

My gender is not the same as biological sex, and I don't usually identify as genderqueer, but sometimes it's easier to just say genderqueer then try to explain a gender so convoluted as mine.

• 6 months later...

My physical sex (male) is different from my currently presumed biological sex (XXY so intersex) therefore I have to be genderqueer by definition, even if I don't like the term, but I cannot think of another to describe me

My gender is the same as my sex, although I don't strongly identify with my gender as some other people might.

• 2 months later...

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organization, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to re-start new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

Lady Girl, Moderator

Archived