Spock Jr's MOM here. (Gasp!)

Mom

Hi again, Spock's Mom. Good to see you got the member name working. Not much to say aside from what's already been said, except that from your posts you seem to be one of the most awesome moms ever. And I think I like the word flaggle-ing.

Previously posted in the Star Article thread in WW:

Mom, we should clone you and send copies to asexuals in need of accepting parents. Maybe we could even finance the operation by selling some Moms to the gay community.

Lord, I can't keep up with you guys. And MY MOM always said that when a person takes the trouble to write to you, they deserve a response!

Toonie, I love greys, especially sketches...

~~~~~~

D4L: QUOTE: Ill take a spare hug too..........I can put it in my car for those lonely nights on the road.....and shoot...if my tire blows up....Ill just give it a hug...

*imagines myself crouching for hours on the side of the road hugging the left rear tire*

... that will work right?

Of course, it'd work. Everybody'd stop to see if you're all right. Then you just smile wanly, say "...nnnooo???..." and let them change the tire! HAHAHAHAHAHA

~~~~~~~

Liver: Nah, I don't do spankings. I'm too LITTLE. (5 foot 1, 95 lbs.) I don't pack much whallop. Ah, but I can deliver a good speech. ASK SPOCKIE! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

~~~~~~~

Camelot: QUOTE: I SO agree with you!! What really happened to turn everything so topsy-turvy that being promiscuous is now the "normal" way to be and being a moral person is seen as "there must be something wrong with you"??

I'm serious. Boy, when I grew up, us girls guarded our "chastity" with everything but a cast-iron chastity belt! Guys needed a crowbar to get into our pants! Those OTHERS were the weirdoes. And GOD FORBID any girl ever get (GASP! :shock: ) a RE-PU-TA-TION as THE TOWN FLOOZY! Us "GOOD GIRLS" wouldn't even speak to her, because of course, we were all brainwashed into believing that "Shhhh. She probably has syphillis or something!"

The 60's were liberating, but sometimes pendulums swing a bit too far in the other direction too, don't you think?

~~~~~~~~

Ghosts! Yeah, you guys are all pretty cool. It's actually quite refreshing to talk with a bunch of young people, who's brains are located a little north of their beltline!

~~~~~~~~

Dargon (Dang, I keep spelling that as dragon... Which reminds me of that tired old joke about "What do insomniac, dyslexic athiests do at night?" They lie there awake, contemplating if there really is a Dog!)

Lovely to see you again, also. I was really having a problem with the member name thingy. And I was having fits, thinking all the admins would be in some back room, wondering if I was SPYING on Spockie. But it really was how he had set up his computer to automatically sign into his account. But it's all fixed now.

Sadly, and honestly, Dargon, I'm sure I've made my share of mistakes as a Mom, along the way. But either they weren't too major, or Spockie's a forgiving soul. Either way, all is well.

~~~~~~~~

Hex... Accepting? There's no accepting necessary, hon, when you don't see a problem.

You know what show I hate on T.V? I swear to God. It's "Sex in the city!" That good ol' 50's girl in me, just sees " Tsk! :shock: What a bunch of SHAMELESS HUSSIES! Have they no self respect?"

For me, getting a partner, is siple as pie. But KEEPING them, ah that's what takes character and a loving heart, right? Ain't that what a relationship is supposed to be about?

Love to ALL of you,

Mom

Silly Green Monkey

Welcome to AVEN!

Sounds like Spockki would have gotten along well with my sister and I. There was no one else who spoke the same big-word language that we did.

~~~~~~~

I'm serious. Boy, when I grew up, us girls guarded our "chastity" with everything but a cast-iron chastity belt! Guys needed a crowbar to get into our pants! Those OTHERS were the weirdoes. And GOD FORBID any girl ever get (GASP! :shock: ) a RE-PU-TA-TION as THE TOWN FLOOZY! Us "GOOD GIRLS" wouldn't even speak to her, because of course, we were all brainwashed into believing that "Shhhh. She probably has syphillis or something!"

The 60's were liberating, but sometimes pendulums swing a bit too far in the other direction too, don't you think?

You know what show I hate on T.V? I swear to God. It's "Sex in the city!" That good ol' 50's girl in me, just sees " Tsk! :shock: What a bunch of SHAMELESS HUSSIES! Have they no self respect?"

Mom

Thanks for your reply! Yes, yes, YES, that's exactly what I'm thinking too! I have a passion for "old times": the 40s and the 50s especially and not least because of the wonderful values of those times! A girl's reputation was actually something of the utmost value - and should she engage in "loose living" she became a social outcast. Guys actually valued and adored girls in those days - now they're seen mainly as mattresses. And, come to think of it, why should men value girls who put absolutely no value on themselves?!

What I can't for the life of me figure out is why girls (and women) these days are doing their absolute outmost to de-value themselves, to immediately give their bodies away to any stranger that taps them on the shoulder - why does their ambition seem to be to become out-and-out whores and as slutty as can be? Why, WHY???? :cry:

I love the music from the 60's, but the sexual revolution that started back then has not only swung too far in the wrong direction - it's way off the scale, totally out of proportion!

A show like "Sex and the City" makes me throw up (I've seen promos for it on TV and could hardly believe my eyes). Let's call a spade a spade, shall we? It's a show about four whores in New York, nothing else!

Silly Green Monkey

Technically, whores charge. Girls who give it away for free are not whores.

Junie, hey sweets. More cake. I think I'm gonna get fat! Not a problem though, since I've spent my entire life trying to put weight on!

Little Silly... Nice to see/hear you again.

Wanna hear a secret about spockie? I KID YOU NOT! He started talking at the age of 4 MONTHS! And i was a student at the University of Toronto, during his "babyhood". The psychology departtment was so facinated by him, they ran a whole slew of I/Q tests on him at the age of 15 MONTHS! I won't embarass him by telling you what the results were... But suffice it to say, he's a little brighter than a doorknob!

When other kids needed EXPENSIVE toys, that was just a lot of glorified bells and whistles, Spockie wanted simpler toys that involved letters and words! Oh, word to the wise? Don't EVER play Scrabble with him! NOBODY stands a chance!

Love,

Mom

I'm sure I would have caught this earlier had I been... home, I guess, earlier. But I'm still not quite sure where home is -- I tend to think it's on the tour bus or where drum corps is. :)

That was most definitely an interesting story about the 8-year-old Spock using the "big words". (And it sounds like something I or one of my siblings would do -- we're also "big word" users.)

I'm certainly glad you're so accepting/open about asexuality! I know that if I were to explain my orientation -- panromantic asexual -- to my parents, they'd try to "fix" me. :roll:

(Now, I'm not saying they're bad people or anything, but most definitely right-wing Christians, disapprove of non-heterosexuality, voted against gay marriage, all that stuff. A man and a woman is the only way to be, to them.)

EDIT: You're not the only one who's tried to put weight on -- when I left for tour last summer with drum corps, I weighed about 102 lb. I gained almost 20 pounds over the course of the summer, but then proceeded to lose it all the next semester at university. (Jeez, the way life works.)

But, uh...

Welcome to AVEN!

:cake: or death? <$1 to Eddie Izzard>

Camelot I can't tell if I've touched a nerve for you, or if you're just so happy to finally be able to put your feelings into words.

I do have to say that I am glad that the 60's came along, not that I ever really partook of them. I never did drugs, and certainly did NOT attend Woodstock, like everyone claims they did. I did the good girl thing, and married my first boyfriend, because that was what was expected.

What the sixties did FOR ME, was that it gave me the CHOICE to say to my first husband "NO! I ain't stickin' with a guy who hits me! I'm outa here, and I'm going back to University!" That was in 1973, and divorce was a pretty daring thing to do in those days still. Heck, we only got the pill 3 years earlier!

Don't get me wrong, Camelot. The 50's and 60's WERE TOUGH TIMES!

OPPRESSION is OPPRESSION. Whether is it not enough choice. Or TOO MUCH choice. And we are living in a world where there is too much pressure to make too many choices in "bed partners".

What I liked about the 50's and 60's was that people TALKED to each other. For a heck of a long time, before they headed anywhere near a bedroom. We got to know each other as human beings first! Women weren't just "walking vaginas". We were charming. We had opinions. Interests. Aspirations. And men were expected to be GENTLEMEN! They were simply NOT ALLOWED to offend us! We were allowed to be MORE than mere objects of lust. And we had a VALUE for men. But more importantly we had a value FOR OURSELVES. We were ALL, men and women alike, more "discriminating", in the sense of choosing carefully. And to be chosen, and to choose someone else, was an HONOUR that was bestowed upon our partners.

There's no honour any more in sex. It is all about "mating" and "getting off".

Actually, you know what is gone? It is the TENDERNESS!

Yeah, that's it.

I am surprised that I am so accepted by all of you here, because, I am not an asexual. (Obviously, Spockie came from somewhere, right?) But, that doesn't mean I am promiscuous, either. 'Cus you know what? I still expect, and demand the respect, and regard, and tenderness! If it ain't offered to me, ask Spockie how often I say "Take a hike, buster. I ain't NOBODY's scrotal bedpan!"

And maybe that ain't so far off from the way you all feel, eh?

All My Love,

Mom

SGM: Yeah, maybe we're getting a little too serious and philosophical here. Mea culpa. I tend to do that sometimes. I was only making the observation about the choices we grew up with in the 50's. And the JUDGEMENTS that were made if you made the wrong choice.

But judgements are still being made aren't they? It just seems all that's changed is that the world has a new group to judge and ridicule, and pick on. And, it's you guys.

Maybe that is just what life is about. I dunno.

~~~~~~~

When I was in my 20's, I was as confused as anyone. But I thought "As I get older, it'll all make more sense."

Let me be honest. I'll let you in on a little secret, right now, ladies and gentlemen. It doesn't make any more sense when you get older. Indeed, it often seems more confusing than ever.

If ANYONE would EVER have told me that it would take AN ASTOUNDING FEAT OF COURAGE for my son to stand up in public the way he did yesterday, and say "Ive no interest in participating in this dehumanizing, wanton lifestyle that our society has evolved into!" ... well, I would have thought that could never happen.

Yet here it has.

And it has happened to MY CHILD, whom I know better than anyone in the world. I KNOW what a loving child he has always been! I have seen him interact in person with many girls, all through his teenaged years. And I have seen the loyalty and love he has also shown towards male friends, also. And i have seen him extend love towards all sorts of people one would not usually see being cared for by a teenager. Residents of an AIDS hospice. The elderly. New immigrants who were suffering racism. I've seen the greater love that he has for ALL OF HUMANITY! He has taken on some HUGE causes, at a very young age. But they were always for the betterment of the whole world. For a KINDER world. A world built upon respect and dignity.

My son knows that love is measured in what you can GIVE. Not in what you can GET!

Nobody can convince me there's a single thing deficinet or wrong with my son! NOBODY! But I might have a thing or two to say about what is wrong with this stupid world, and how they treat each other. And how they expect my child to treat others.

Well guess what. My son ain't going along with the charade. And you know what?

THAT IS MY BOY! And I am so freakin' proud of him for that!

My heart truly breaks for ALL of you. That any of you should be made to feel like freaks, incapable of love.

Good Lord, I have felt NOTHING BUT love, from all of you.

None of you have a darned thing wrong with you! Not that I have seen so far, anyway! I just cannot fathom how this world has managed to convince all of you that you are anything less than wonderful!

OK, I'm shutting up now, because I'm making myself cry.

Love to all of you (<----and that ain' just some quaint closing words!)

Mom

VivreEstEsperer

Wow. Spock, you have one cool mom! Welcome to AVEN, spockiemommy :)

You have a very endearing wit to you!

Kate

DrTJEckleburg

Welcome Spock's Mom!!!

(seeing as though you've already had PLENTY of cake, how 'bout some milk instead? *pours huge glass*)

Thanks for the link to the article. I think that was the best article on asexuality I've ever read! Lots of great references and quotes!

(*still laughing at the story about the bully and Spock's BIG WORDS! :D :D I'll have to try something like that sometime)

Hi mom! (wow, doesn't that feel weird to say... :lol: )

I just wanted to say that you're totally cool for joining AVEN, and even more cool for well... being cool here :lol:

Hi Kate,

I must confess that I'm finding myself on a bit of a rollercoaster, with some of the IGNORANCE being displayed by some of the trolls that hover around here. I just want to swat them like worthless gnats!

But,Ii guess I have to content myself with squishing them between mine and my son's BIG FAT DICTIONARIES!

~~~~~~~

Dr T: thanks for the milk. All that talking makes a bitty lil girl like me, build up a mighty big thirst! :mrgreen:

~~~~~~~

Balletomane: They aren't just words, sweetie. You see, when I go to a store and buy, say, a bottle of orange juice, I'm not buying the container it comes in. I am looking for the contents within.

I see some pretty wonderful contents within a lot of you folks around here. And in this world of force, and war and violence, people with as much respect, and caring and love within them...well, that goes FAR in my books. (And judging by the length of my posts, perhaps you can believe that I write my own freakin' books. I don't follow what others' books TELL ME to do, or think, or feel!)

~~~~~~~

Kez Sweetheart You wouldn't have a coupla bricks laying around, that I could borrow, would you? :roll: Kisses to you!

~~~~~~~

Meep: As in "We are the knights who...???" Yeah, well, Spockie's always had some great friends. I've always thought he had good taste in who he chooses to associate with. You guys are no different.

Love to all of you,

Mom

Oh sweetie, did you hurt your little tootsies? Here let me have those bad, bad bricks, and

FLING THEM!

There, now they can't hurt you any more!

Love,

Mom

Guest cases
BIG FAT DICTIONARIES!

Did I hear something about Dictionaries?????

:shock:

Where????

I dont see any Dictionaries!

oh man..........I loose so many of those things.....

Dictionary....

Dictionary.......

damn Dictionaries..........

dont even get me started.....

Wow, so cool. I just looked it up! So I DO remember my high school Latin. It IS thesauri.

the·sau·rus (thĭ-sôr'əs) pronunciation

n., pl. the-sau·ri (-sôr'ī') or the-sau·rus·es.

1. A book of synonyms, often including related and contrasting words and antonyms.

2. A book of selected words or concepts, such as a specialized vocabulary of a particular field, as of medicine or music.

[Latin thēsaurus, treasury, from Greek thēsauros.]

--going to look for Spockie's Thesauruses Rex!

Hi Spock's Mom! You are certainly a wonderful person, what you said in your earlier posts about feeling for us all almost had me in tears - and that don't often happen....

It's sad isn't it to think that the world suspects there is something wrong with us because we don't want to do something. I have had a hard time trying to figure myself out over the years and lving in a very remote, backward thinking area did not help at all. Thanks to the guys here I feel more settled as a person than I have ever done before. You are right it, takes guts ( and loads of 'em ) to stand up and tell the world how you feel.

I told my Mum a while back and she has also read the NY Times article too, she is cool with it too. She also says that it is nothing to do with anyone else anyway - she just doesn't think my Dad would understand. I told her "that's his problem not mine", not something I would have said a while back.

Anyway, I have prattled on too much, thanks for being you :)

Dave

Archived