Obama: Yay or Nay

canguy

I am from Canada and I have noticed a significant decrease in Obamalove here, for a tonne of different reasons. Canada is torn we didn't like Romney but Obama is iffy. I'm interested to hear what you think of Obama (American or not everyone is welcome) and why do you like/dislike him?

I for one was for Garry Johnson.

Obama is a moron. Every project of his fails in an epic way. Obama lies like he breathes. For someone who is supposed to be of the people ge keeps screwing everyone over.

I especially loved his "the troops will be out of x by x.date" speeches for years on end and boots are STILL on the ground to this day.

He lies backpedals and lies more. Nothing he does has benefited anyone and his stimulus packages led to strong inflation and weakened the economy.

His approval rating is low and falling for a reason.

Despite all this...he will be a legend because he was the first black president (although he's also just as much white). That's politics for you.

I prefer him over the alternative. In all honesty, there's so much bureaucracy in our government that a President is deeply limited in what he can do unless his party happens to control both the House and Senate. To put it simply, it's a lot easier to block action than it is to carry it out.

Obama is a moron. Every project of his fails in an epic way. Obama lies like he breathes. For someone who is supposed to be of the people ge keeps screwing everyone over.

I especially loved his "the troops will be out of x by x.date" speeches for years on end and boots are STILL on the ground to this day.

He lies backpedals and lies more. Nothing he does has benefited anyone and his stimulus packages led to strong inflation and weakened the economy.

His approval rating is low and falling for a reason.

Despite all this...he will be a legend because he was the first black president (although he's also just as much white). That's politics for you.

Heh, you act as if it was a single person's efforts. He has been blocked every step of the way (the House failed 40+ times to repeal "Obamacare") his presidency pretty much started on an economic downward slope thanks to the collapse of the housing market and auto industries, oh and two unpaid wars we were in the middle of.

It's a lot easier to tear down a house of cards than to build one up, and even harder when someone's blocking one of your hands. It's hard to even judge his two terms as President because there was so much obstruction along the way.

I think he was the better choice between him him and Romney. And I think he is generally a good person and better than the last president. Buuuuut in the ranks of U.S. presidents he is no where near the top. Not really near the bottom either. Somewhere in the middle I'd say. But I honestly don't know much about politics so...

Captain Darkhorse

Is he the best president? No. Will he ever be the best president ever? Probably not. But was he a great deal better than the alternative? Absolutely. I'd take Obama over McCain or Romney any day.

I prefer him over the alternative. In all honesty, there's so much bureaucracy in our government that a President is deeply limited in what he can do unless his party happens to control both the House and Senate. To put it simply, it's a lot easier to block action than it is to carry it out.

This doesn't stop him from lieing like he breathes. He also repeatedly claims he has the power to pass executive orders without congress to stop deportation among other issues repeatedly but he fails to do so.

I voted for Obama both times, and I don't like Romney. The problem is Congress, and how both parties refuse to budge on anything. One party says "I have an idea", and the other says "no, we don't like it, but that's because you (other party) said it." Nothing gets done because they all act like children. No, wait, children know how to compromise better.

iamphoenixfire

This doesn't stop him from lieing like he breathes. He also repeatedly claims he has the power to pass executive orders without congress to stop deportation among other issues repeatedly but he fails to do so.

The president quite clearly does not have as much power as we like to believe. So don't blame him. Blame our outdated voting system and our tendency to believe whatever we hear. Also, do remember that we could have had romney or mccain instead. And just imagine where we would be today. It is not a pretty picture.

I voted for Obama both times, and I don't like Romney. The problem is Congress, and how both parties refuse to budge on anything. One party says "I have an idea", and the other says "no, we don't like it, but that's because you (other party) said it." Nothing gets done because they all act like children. No, wait, children know how to compromise better.

This. Definitely this. What we need ultimately is a better voting system.

I'm not saying Obama is single-handedly responsible for the failure of government but rather that I detest his continuous lies, failed, personal projects and flip flopping. He needs to step up and start being honest not string along Americans or lie blatantly to try to explain away issues.

He also needs to stop claiming executive power he's not going to exercise.

I'm not saying Obama is single-handedly responsible for the failure of government but rather that I detest his continuous lies, failed, personal projects and flip flopping. He needs to step up and start being honest not string along Americans or lie blatantly to try to explain away issues.

So I'm guessing you don't really understand how politics work? You act like the public or media is privy to every bit of information, and depending on what media outlet you choose to follow, an otherwise successful venture could be turned into a "why didn't we do more" message. Oh, and for the executive power bit? If he uses it, conservatives will be up in arms screaming dictator. If he doesn't, he gets whiners like you. It's a lose/lose situation.

By the way, if you hate politicians for their lies than that's understandable, but if you're under the impression that Obama is unique in his lies then you're deeply deluded.

WhenSummersGone

I still think he was the better choice next to Romney. Who knows what Romney would have done and he could have messed things up. Any president that wants/tries to move foward is good, even if their plans fail.

So I'm guessing you don't really understand how politics work? You act like the public or media is privy to every bit of information, and depending on what media outlet you choose to follow, an otherwise successful venture could be turned into a "why didn't we do more" message.

By the way, if you hate politicians for their lies than that's understandable, but if you're under the impression that Obama is unique in his lies then you're deeply deluded.

I'm following all of his speeches and personal words. Not any media spins or media outlets interpretations. I understand perfectly how government and politics works and no I do not assume he is unique in his lies but rather think its excessive and that he has no clue what's going on. He's notorious for bold faced lies then backpedaling when proven wrong.

Politicians are liars yes but Obama has done nothing but lie like he breathes from the campaign trail right up to the current obamacare website issues which he claimed to have no knowledge of issues prior to launch.

Why so many assumptions about me and why the condescension? I was giving my opinion on the matter. I don't need to meet anyone's qualifications to have my opinion and say on the matter.

So I'm guessing you don't really understand how politics work? You act like the public or media is privy to every bit of information, and depending on what media outlet you choose to follow, an otherwise successful venture could be turned into a "why didn't we do more" message.

I'm following all of his speeches and personal words. Not any media spins or media outlets interpretations. I understand perfectly how government and politics works and no I do not assume he is unique in his lies but rather think its excessive and that he has no clue what's going on. He's notorious for bold faced lies then backpedaling when proven wrong.

Politicians are liars yes but Obama has done nothing but lie like he breathes from the campaign trail right up to the current obamacare website issues which he claimed to have no knowledge of issues prior to launch.

Why so many assumptions about me and why the condescension? I was giving my opinion on the matter. I don't need to meet anyone's qualifications to have my opinion and say on the matter.

So how do you spot the lie? With information that's available, and that's exactly my point. We aren't privy to every bit of information. Let's put it this way, which do you think is the worser crime - that Obama may have lied about a website's technical deficiencies (and keep in mind that even software centric companies as large as Microsoft ALWAYS experience issues with releasing new content), or that Republicans have wasted time trying to repeal Obamacare 40+ times when they had no chance of passing and even put us through a government shutdown in their attempt? You know what's bad for rolling out a new program, especially one as big as this? The disruption of a government shutdown.

You know what? If Republicans made no effort to assist in the implementation of Obamacare and it fails, the blame's squarely on Obama. When they actively try to obstruct and delay it? Then it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy, and no, the blame wouldn't be on him in that case.

Condescension is how I deal with narrow minded and shortsighted views.

My thoughts on Obama can be summed up in this video:

He's full of lies. Just like most other political figures. He's just better at hiding it.

The reasons behind this would take a while to list out so for now I'll just say I've never been fond of Obama and the longer he is in office, the less I like him. I feel like he lacks any skills as a leader besides oration (which doesn't work well when you decide to lie to the American public once the truth has been found out in other ways), he has no concept of what has made "America" a strong country for years and just wants to imitate Western Europe as far as I've seen. The healthcare "option" that means losing plans, paying for things you don't need, and price increases. Oh, and the numerous scandals.

Not that Romney would have been anything except a GOP establishment puppet, and still wouldn't be doing us any good. The options for the 2012 and 2008 elections were complete jokes when it comes to the two major parties.

I'm not saying Obama is single-handedly responsible for the failure of government .

How gracious to not say that. /sarcasm

Eh.

All politicians are the same: they lie. At least Obama was better than the alternative.

Captain Darkhorse

The president quite clearly does not have as much power as we like to believe. So don't blame him. Blame our outdated voting system and our tendency to believe whatever we hear. Also, do remember that we could have had romney or mccain instead. And just imagine where we would be today. It is not a pretty picture.

Don't forget that if McCain had won, we would've been subjected to four years of "I can see Russia from my house!" as a VP. And if Romney had won, we'd currently be looking at Paul Ryan's antique views of gender roles. That among other things.

^ Basically what potato and CBC said. Admittedly, though, my judgement is based on the few things I know of him, not being American (or anywhere close to America).

It's often a battle for the lesser evil in politics... I would know, living in Italy as I do. Trust me, a lot of countries are worse off than the USA. Right now, I can't imagine voting for anyone in Italy because the people who claim to defend the political and social values I believe in are actually using them as tools for power and they look to me like they have anything on their minds but the good of the nation.

never cared for him - didnt vote for him (nor romney). His healthcare - bwah ha ha, what a joke (it isnt to those that will have to scrounge to come up w/the money to buy this crap). He is all for Big Corp. HE DOES have the power to say no (oh yeah, rt - he has been blocked every step - HARDLY, his ObamaCare got pushed thru (which shows what kind of idiots are in power - DO NORMAL ppl sign up for someth WITHOUT READING it first - our morons in DC did).

Rt off the bat, he gives an open-end check to The Banking Boys, who were SO HAPPY, they all gave themselves big fat bonuses and headed off to Hawaii to Celebrate the Money Obama Gave them

Then Big Corp Again - Gee, for the PPL? Naw - Lets Sign the Monsanto Act - i mean, they DO want to feed the ppl right (yeah; Poison).

The latest, Bully Tactics - they didnt work, so He wants to make a deal w/China (not for us ppl), again for big biz - in fact, i dont think HE/obama IS thinkg of the ppl or he has his head in the sand. Certainly he reads the news? Nope. The deal w/China. We want (some big Factory Farms) too sell you Chinese beef. China says no way. So Obama says tell ya what.... we will grow chickens, ship them to China, where YOU will process them, then ship them back (poisoned of course, like the chickn jerky pet snacks, the melamine in baby formula, the "vitamin supplement" (never did find out what that poisonous stuff) that almost made it to our tables (MaltoMeal).

Bla bla - IS Obama thinkg of the ppl or.... Big Corps.... I would say: Big Corps, as he certainly hasnt done a thing for me, except bring down my standard of living. Yet Big Biz likes him.

To be fair - Just about every govt rep is in the pocket of big biz. Our govt is NO Longer; For the ppl by the ppl. Including the Govt Agencies: FDA, USDA, bla bla.

HE IS A JOKE, pathetic - an embarassment, imo.

In the end it's no difference between Obama and Romney. And Obama have proven to be an "improved" (i.e worse) version of Bush.

Squirrel Combat

Obama is not my IDEAL. But he is better than Romney would have been. I mean does America REALLY want a guy that put KB Toys out of business? Imagine what he would have done to the national and state parks. :evil: At least with Obama the San Juan Islands out here became a new national monument.

Calligraphette_Coe

When voting for a President, I look at it as hiring someone to do a job. I always choose he lesser of two evils and hope for the best. It's like that old saying:

Politicians are like diapers. They both need changed periodically for the very same reason.

I think he's a below average president.

At least in my social circle, whenever someone criticizes him his supporters rush to defend him claiming he's better than Bush. Having said that, its pretty bad when you're greatest accomplishment after five years in office is that your not George Bush.

At least in my social circle, whenever someone criticizes him his supporters rush to defend him claiming he's better than Bush. Having said that, its pretty bad when you're greatest accomplishment after five years in office is that your not George Bush.

And then you compare him and Bush. Oh yeah, Obama have been better at Bush. Better than him since he extended his policies.

Quintus Crinis

In the respect that he's not Bush or working with Palin, he's a positive president.

In terms of what he's actually done though, it's generally negative (except for "Obamacare") - I was particularly surprised at his speech at Mandela's funeral about leaders claiming Mandela's influence but not accepting dissention among their own people.

And then you compare him and Bush. Oh yeah, Obama have been better at Bush. Better than him since he extended his policies.

Right... because everything Obama has done in office is to extend Bush's policies.

Archived