How often do you use the chat feature on Skype?

Pepperoni

Skype IM Usage  

1. 1. How many days a week do you usually use IM on Skype?

• 0 (Never)

This poll is closed to new votes

littleheartsofjoy

I voted 1, because I'm hardly on Skype, and if I am, it is usually for a day at most. The people that I would like to Skype are either never on when I am, or they just don't really talk to others aside from their partner on it.

It's up on my home computer 24/7, and I'm always chatting on it with friends and/or Admods.

rotanimonedaifg

Everyday for me. I only have a couple of friends on Skype, but they're online all the time.

gypsy_princess

i use skype every 2 or 3 months to talk to my turkish friend. we use the chat when the videocall is not working and when there are some words or sentences too difficult to say (both of us speak english but of course it's not our first language)

peanut-butter-cloud

I've used Skype for two years and never once used the chat feature. It seems utterly pointless to me.

Before I became a moderator: barely opened Skype once every two months or so

After I became a moderator: seven days a week

:o

actually (if I remember correctly) that's not true :P

I have it on when my computer is on, it really depends on how often people like to talk to me...so I can't make a generalized statement^^

WhenSummersGone

I have Skype but I have never used it. I just text people I know by phone.

Really hard for me to try to quantify it in this way... some weeks I'm on almost every day at some point, some weeks I'm never on it.

It primarily depends on how engrossed into my gaming I am at the time, partly because many of the friends I talk to the most are also playing, and we usually just communicate that way.

I am very rarely on Skype, but when I am, it's usually for the chat feature.

I use it all the time. Great way to talk to friends I cannot see irl, who have helped me out a lot recently.

Every day, for the most part, to talk to my sweetheart. ^__^

Everyday. Sometimes twice a day. I loathed the merging of Skype and MSN. MSN was far better and at least my connection stayed on without dying on me every 5 minutes.

Stupid merger.

Way more often than the video or voice features, honestly. I have a handful of writer friends on there, and for a lot of our conversations using text makes more sense. Though it's only one that I really talk with every day,

Everyday. Sometimes twice a day. I loathed the merging of Skype and MSN. MSN was far better and at least my connection stayed on without dying on me every 5 minutes.

Stupid merger.

Really? :huh: My experience was exactly the opposite. R. and I use MSN/Skype a lot, and Skype doesn't go wonky on us nearly as often anymore as what we came to call the Evil Three Letters did. The merger has made it run much smoother.

I normally have Skype come on automatically when I turn my computer on, I normally talk to one of my old work colleagues who left our shores for Canada, we speak about once a fortnight as I work odd hours, so do they so it's as & when we're both about at the same time, the only trouble I find with Skype is that I often get people from the Middle East trying to contact me, that bit isn't too bad as long as they don't try preaching religion as religion & politics I prefer to keep my opinion to myself

Stupid merger.

Really? :huh: My experience was exactly the opposite. R. and I use MSN/Skype a lot, and Skype doesn't go wonky on us nearly as often anymore as what we came to call the Evil Three Letters did. The merger has made it run much smoother.

My internet signal goes all crazy. Sometimes it gives this blowing up kind of indication and other times it just gives me an exclamation mark. I've never seen that anywhere else and it never happens when perusing the internet. It certainly never happened when on MSN and everything, internet provider, lap top etc. has stayed the same. It died on us after 40 odd seconds the other day. I swear like a trooper ^_^ I often get interlopers trying to friend request me too. And where's the buzz/nudge facility?

My internet signal goes all crazy. Sometimes it gives this blowing up kind of indication and other times it just gives me an exclamation mark. I've never seen that anywhere else and it never happens when perusing the internet. It certainly never happened when on MSN and everything, internet provider, lap top etc. has stayed the same. It died on us after 40 odd seconds the other day. I swear like a trooper ^_^ I often get interlopers trying to friend request me too. And where's the buzz/nudge facility?

Huh. Weirdness. (That said, the "nudge" button is something I do miss, though.)

I'm on skype every day like all the time. Part of it is probably because I'm in a long-distance relationship with someone and we always chat over Skype but really I was like that before too. Whenever I'm online I usually have skype open, I use it to chat with guild-mates from games, sometimes roleplay (not sexual rp in case that's what you're thinking O_o) or just generally chatting with friends. I guess it's my replacement for texting since I basically never use my phone lol.

I used to use it a lot more than I do now. I put zero/never because I hardly log in and it's about once every two months if I do.

• 3 months later...
AnomalyEternal

I use it every single day (unless I completely forget about opening it) though I am losing interest in it, as I am rather falling out of contact with the person I talk to. I would probably use it a lot more if I could talked to people on AVEN though.

I can't say....and it's unpredictable. Some days there's no one on to talk to and other days I can't think of anything to say or feel like talking (or I am/they are busy). Days or weeks could go by before I use it and sometimes I could use it about two or three days in a row.

I didn't vote because none are applicable.

What Ladeca said, basically. Many of my closest friends are people I primarily know online, and skype is my main form of communication with many of them. And I hardly use my phone too.

What Ladeca said, basically. Many of my closest friends are people I primarily know online, and skype is my main form of communication with many of them. And I hardly use my phone too.

My phone has got a shit-load of dust on it. :wacko:

I don't Skype as I don't see the point of it.

wow I voted for 7 because it is my social media alternative to facebook I didn't think that it would be the most popular though.

Archived