Asexuality bracelets to give out

Camp1998

It would be nice if we could pass out bracelets at the Toronto pride walk next year does any one want to help me make this happen i have many bracelets all ready but I need more and for some one to ok it with the people doing/running the walk

Moved this thread from Visibility and Education Projects to WorldPride 2014

Robin L,

Project Team

Ok I am running out of beads so progress will be slow for the next week or so as I have little gray or black beads and only one type of white left if any one near Detroit Michigan wants to pitching we can have a beading party some where contact me and bring beads or string if possible

Ok I am running out of beads so progress will be slow for the next week or so as I have little gray or black beads and only one type of white left if any one near Detroit Michigan wants to pitching we can have a beading party some where contact me and bring beads or string if possible

Also if any one knows where In Toronto we should meet to collect the bracelets let me know

MikeysGrrrl1979

Does anyone sell the bracelets or something similar? I'm over in Windsor, I have tons of supplies but no time to make them, I'd gladly pass all my beading supplies to someone that would use them.

I have tons time but little beads could you mail them to me I will make them in fact I made 16 bracelets today and now I have 3 black beads and 6 gray or silver beads left. So message me with the subject saying tge word beads I will send you a couple if us Dollars or less a undisclosed but less than two dollars in Canadian currency if you want but it will be mostly all Pennies if you want Canadian so yeah

Edited by Robin L
removed email

Oh and I am a minor so I don't sell bracelets because I can't get a license but I give them to breast cancer walks and other people as presents I will email you pictures of my work if you message me at my email stated above

JJButterworth

Well last year Pride Toronto was giving out stickers with all queer identities on them, including asexual, but bracelets could be a good fundraiser for the conference.

It would be a good idea to fundraise using ace bracelets. :)

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
JJButterworth

Is it only happening in Canada? I would love to go to an event in the UK ;w;

Yes but, Worldpride 2012 was in London. While Worldpride has left the UK, AVEN has a group in pride events around the world. When London's pride event comes around make sure that you check out the Meetup Mart to see what AVEN is doing for London pride.

Omnes et Nihil

It would be nice if we could pass out bracelets at the Toronto pride walk next year does any one want to help me make this happen i have many bracelets all ready but I need more and for some one to ok it with the people doing/running the walk

We won't be allowed to hand out anything during the actual Pride Parade-- unlke Pride events at other cities, everything in Toronto needs a permit and costs money. Groups need a "sampling" permit to hand *anything* out duing the march (and those cost thousands of dollars). And if people do hand things out and don't have a sampling permit, they charge you for one anyway.

We're going to need a permit just to walk in the march-- usually they let small grassroots community groups march with a "pay what you can" permit, but I don't know if they will be doing that again this year for World Pride... we might have to raise money just to march.

It sounds like bracelets might be a better thing to use for a fundraiser, or to give out during the ace conference.

There's an ace conference? Man, I wish I were in that part of the world....

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...

There's an ace conference? Man, I wish I were in that part of the world....

Wow. I bet that would be really interesting to attend :o

Would love to be able to go myself.

• 9 years later...

(Below is an official, green, mod message.)

Hi, everyone. This event has finished.

So, it's being locked.

LeChat,

Welcome Lounge, Announcements, and Alternate Language moderator