What kind of threads do you not reply to?

littleheartsofjoy

Kinds of threads  

1. 1. What kind of threads do you not reply to?

• Religion
    • Politics
    • Threads with triggers
    • Threads about sex, as in talking about the action itself, with descriptions
    • Gender identity threads
    • Emotional threads (such as some currently in Tea and Sympathy)
    • Other kinds of threads, that are not currently listed

This poll is closed to new votes

Generally don't reply to the threads saying "My mother won't..." or those starting out "This guy I have a class with..."

Notte stellata

Gender Identity thread - I don't care one way or another about gender. We are all human.

Meetup thread - I love you guys but have no desire for a meet as I don't like going out.

Any thread I have no interest in or where the games are boring.

I'm pretty similar. I used to reply to meetup threads, but not anymore, because shared asexuality doesn't guarantee I can get along with someone. From my experience on AVEN, I think the chance I become friends with a random asexual is fairly small, probably not bigger compared to a random sexual. I'd rather just talk to like-minded AVENites online and meet up with them if possible. Even if we live too far apart to meet up regularly, I still prefer that over attending local meetups with people who have little in common with me beyond asexuality.

I rarely reply to threads to start with (as can be seen by my post count) :) I guess I can't base my answer to this question on cathegory. Generally, I reply to those threads whose titles I find interesting. This is also why I feel annoyed by non-descrpitive titles.

- Threads with triggers

- Threads about sex (descriptive)

- Other: hot box threads

• 4 months later...

I tend to post in the census threads they're a lot of fun, also a lot of threads that ask about romantic identities, asexuality in general, and "fluffy" random threads. I'm pretty new so I haven't branched out very far yet, i'm exploring the forums right now :)

I pretty much usually just stick to lighthearted topics like the ones in JFF, or polls that require a personal answer like these in the census forum.

I don't like having to deal with putting my thoughts and opinions on serious threads, I have social anxiety and whilst i know in reality most people couldn't care less what I post, I often feel really stressed putting serious opinions and thoughts out that people could use to hurt and judge me

I generally don't reply to threads if they are already on page 3 or more.

• 2 weeks later...

I almost never reply to threads mostly because of language barrier, but I avoid reading the ones that involve:

• Religion: I'm not really interested in religious discussions.
  • Gender identity: I don't care much about it.
  • "Am I asexual?" kind of questions.
  • Polyamory/open relationships: I like reading these kind of topics, but I get irritated by some of the comments.
  • Asexual-Sexual relationship: for same reason stated above.
  • Game/JFF threads.
ChrissyBear121

So I've only recently joined but if I've noticed already that I don't post to topics about:

- Politics: I don't really care about politics or have that big of an opinion on them

- Threads about sex, with descriptions: I've have never/will probably never have sex so I don't really want to hear about that... also I have no desire to think/talk about sex so I would be of no help to any of these topics.

Squirrel Combat

I don't believe I have EVER posted in World Watch. Alternative Language is another I never seem to visit because I'm not fluent enough in anything other than English. Hot Box often isn't my cup of tea as well but I will post in there sometimes.

• 5 months later...

I don't do religion and politics. Otherwise if I see a thread that I have a response to I will respond, if not I won't

Religion - Don't want to get into fights. :P

Politics - Doesn't interest me. :mellow:

Sex - No experience. xD

That is how I feel too, but the fighting can go with politics as well. I stay far away.

I want to get into political fights. With people who understand the concept of debate. Religious conversations only. I carefully would reply to these two. Never as a first responder, I think. And sex . . . is . . . sex. (I've no experience either and don't see anything important here).

• 2 months later...

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organization, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to re-start new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

Lady Girl, Moderator

Archived