What kind of threads do you not reply to?

littleheartsofjoy

Kinds of threads  

1. 1. What kind of threads do you not reply to?

• Religion
    • Politics
    • Threads with triggers
    • Threads about sex, as in talking about the action itself, with descriptions
    • Gender identity threads
    • Emotional threads (such as some currently in Tea and Sympathy)
    • Other kinds of threads, that are not currently listed

This poll is closed to new votes

littleheartsofjoy

So what kind of threads on AVEN do you see and you choose not to reply to them?

If you have one that isn't up there, feel free to suggest it and I or a mod could add it in. I am just curious to see how many people on AVEN just might not have an interest for certain threads. You don't have to tell your reasons if you don't want to.

Threads with triggers, I was not sure if it is OK to mention an actual example of trigger in a poll. Just think of sad, and awful things.

littleheartsofjoy

Religion - Don't want to get into fights. :P

Politics - Doesn't interest me. :mellow:

Sex - No experience. xD

That is how I feel too, but the fighting can go with politics as well. I stay far away.

In general, the only ones I don't bother responding to are Gender threads since they're not something that I personally identify with nor feel that it should even be an issue in society.

Other than that I'm pretty open to most threads unless there's no logical conclusion or debate.

Voted "emotional threads". To the point that I pretty much don't check T&S at all, unless a thread title in the little "recent topics" box on the login page catches my eye and directs me there when I click it. Walking the fine line between empathy and losing my emotional footing has not ever been my strong point, so I leave that subforum to people who are better suited to the job.

Aside from that, I decide on a case-by-case basis (which can include any and all categories you mentioned, but none of them is *all by itself* a no-go). Sometimes a thread title alone is enough to get me to decide I'm not touching that, sometimes it's thread title + OP. And sometimes, it's not touching a thread any more after it's spiralled into too much emotional charge/drama.

I don't really "not reply" based on the subject, but more based on the presentation.

Out of those choices though, I'm least likely to post about politics. Don't follow em, don't care.

Sex, relationships, asexuality itself, and most, but not all, religion and politics. Most gender identity threads as well.

I spend most of my time here in Just For Fun, Arcade, and Off-A.

Politics. "Am I asexual" threads. The vast majority of the game threads. Threads where the OP doesn't have a question, or just presents an opinion they likely aren't changing that I don't agree with.

Not really sex or gender, unless I feel like I actually know enough about either one to warrant a response. Same with politics. Other than that, I hardly ever reply to threads in the JFF or Arcade boards.

Gender identity threads and emotional threads. The former because I'm afraid of making a judgment on someone's identity (and this extends to sexual and romantic identities as well... Perhaps kinda strange coming from the former A/Ro mod who also temp modded gender, but I only read those threads unless there was an open ended question in the OP). The latter because I never know what to say.

I tend to stay away from identity threads, threads about sex, threads about partners and current relationships and threads where definitions may enquired about. All mainly because I don't have much knowledge on those things and I don't want to say the wrong thing. I would prefer to not say something than say something that can effect someone in a negative way due to my, I want to say ignorance but it doesn't feel right, lack of experience. Politics is always going to be a mine field of raw emotion but I do have an opinion and don't fear stating it. if it is over seas politics, then forget about it. That is one dangerous topic and the slightest of wrong information could lead to a trip to Hot Box.

The kinds of threads I never reply to include but are not limited to:

Political threads

Religion threads

Anything in the tea and sympathy section, because I'm not good at giving advice

A majority of the game threads, especially ones like 'count to 1 million'

'Am I asexual?' topics

Anything relating to Sherlock Holmes, Dr. Who, Pokemon, anime, Harry Potter or the Avengers, because I don't care at all

Oh yeah, game threads/JFF! With very rare exceptions (like the impending DOOOOOM! of Mayapocalypse 2012 ;)), they don't much appeal to me either. I guess I have two (?) or so posts to my name in that sub, lol.

i try not to reply to political threads as they are not worth hassle. same with religion. back when i was younger i would but i just can't deal with the stress and bad feelings that ensues so i do my best not to reply. sometimes i fail in not replying. sometimes, i have a reply ready for posting and think a further second and delete. it is not worth it for me.

Waist of Thyme

Religion, politics, and all other controversial threads.

I also don't reply to threads where a person is asking about their identity (ex: "Am I asexual?"). I don't feel like I'm qualified to answer those.

Other: I don't reply to threads if I feel like I have nothing interesting to add to the discussion.

I often reply to threads about religion, politics and gender (besides, I mod those forums, so it's only natural). Triggers and sex don't bother me, but I'm not very often experienced enough to reply properly. Emotional threads... it depends. I will reply if it's something I can relate to, and that I can give advice on.

Forum-wise I don't visit Welcome Lounge, Just for Fun (except very rarely), and the AVEN Arcade. I read all others, whether I reply or not.

Janus the Fox
Huh... I kind of not avoid any thread... As long as I have something to say, add to or to ask a question within thread. Otherwise I tend to be less interested in PPS Hot Box, relationship threads and topics on sex threads. I naturally don't comment on threads with triggers, especially triggers I can't experience, unless it is an area I can relate to. Lesser also is JFF and meetup mart, but otherwise I'm almost everywhere I have access to ;)

"Am I asexual?" or "Is [blank] connected with asexuality?" or ones that are simply filled with personal anecdotes about old subjects... how did you realize you were asexual, etc.

(on the other hand, personal anecdotes about new and unusual subjects would be really interesting).

politics - can't be bothered about virtual discussions about it

others: treads I have nothing to say about or which I know I have and opposite opinion and don't want to argue, also here not worth virtually

Religious, political, and emotional threads. There are exceptions to each but I usually just find them boring and have nothing to say on the matter.

Notte stellata

Religion: I'm neither knowledgeable nor interested in the subject.

Emotional: I'm not a very empathetic person. Not good at comforting people, even when I do care.

Other: Repetitive threads, like "Am I asexual?", "Help with my mixed relationship" (unless there are very specific details or questions that I feel like commenting on), "Do you wear a black ring?", "What's your attitudes toward nudity?", "Do you want children?", "What's the difference between friendship and romance?"...There are too many old topics I've lost interest in participating in.

I rarely reply to gender identity threads either because I don't understand gender. In the rare cases when I do reply, the threads are usually about not understanding gender, having no concept of gender, or that gender shouldn't exist in an ideal world.

Census usually (sorry LG)

I dunno if I really have a type I don't reply to

That made me laugh...I rarely post here or take a poll, but I really enjoy being mod of this forum and reading the posts. :)

I tend to respond to relationship stuff. Oh yeah, I say hi to every newbie that posts in Welcome Lounge. :lol:

A Taste of Harmony

Alternate language forum. :P

If I have more time, I actually want to read everything(?) and explore more areas.. and answer more

but my brain has limit. :(

I love it when the arrow sign turns into pointy finger picture..

My social awkwardness goes into maximum overdrive when it comes to being supportive, so I tend to avoid T&S and threads like that.

This.

Plus:

Politics (not interested, or at least not in the politics usually discussed here).

Games: haven't played any forum games here yet - I'll get to that at some point most likely.

Others: Rant threads. Threads where the OP obviously doesn't want other opinions, they just want to get theirs out there - I don't see a point in replying there.

Gender Identity thread - I don't care one way or another about gender. We are all human.

Meetup thread - I love you guys but have no desire for a meet as I don't like going out.

Any thread I have no interest in or where the games are boring.

I voted religion, politics, sex, and other; for me it's a mixture of presentation and subject. I love to discuss religion, but I want to avoid conflict, so it's something I only want to talk about in a safe setting. Politics I avoid on subject alone, as I'm just not interested in talking about them, though I do pay attention to what's going on. Sex as in the act? Definitely avoid; I'm not repulsed when it's about other people, but I have no desire to look into it like that and I have nothing to contribute. I'll often avoid the topic of sex in general because it holds very little interest for me.

The other vote is for other controversial and/or uninteresting subjects; I avoid debate in general, and there's a lot on AVEN that doesn't catch my attention.

As with all forums I avoid romance and dating threads. I experience every kind of love except romantic and sexual strongly and frequently, and don't understand the fascination or why people waste away without (especially when creating other kinds of love is free). I have nothing to offer them in terms of advice.

Pretty much the only threads that I even look at are the "older aces" and the "Off-A" (and sometimes the census.)

Whether I reply or add my 2 cents to a topic is another thing.

Archived