Have you ever personally had a paranormal experience?

sanremi52890

1. 1. well, have you?

• yes
    • nope, not at all
    • well, maybe just this one time....
    • several times actually

This poll is closed to new votes

I have not. But I'd love to hear about yours!

All the time.

• When I'm driving at night, I see the shadows of people on the side of the road, or in the road, or crossing the road...
  • I woke up one morning and the roll of toilet paper that I usually keep on the side of the bathtub was on the other side of the sink (on the left hand side of the toilet while the tub is on the right)...
  • When I'm home alone in my grandparents' house, I can hear people walking upstairs through the living room and dining room and then the sounds disappear just as they'd be walking onto the front porch...
  • I dream of my grandfather and great-grandmother who have passed all the time, and they talk to me in the dreams (telling me they're okay, etc.)...

There have been a handful of times, but they're rather too absurd/bizarre to even begin to explain.

YS_finding_myself

That was a long time ago, but yes, I have had those encounters and most of them were terrible. I actually had to move out of my house at the time because it was tarting to be unbearable.

It started out me seeing a little girl staring at me in the bathroom in one of those houses (I moved out a lot). At first I just thought it was my head playing tricks on me, but after seeing the girl for a good while always staring at me I decided that, yes, she was there allright.

I moved and thought I'd stop seeing her, but that did not happen, in fact I started seeing some other people as well. The most vivid one I remember was a tall man whose face I could not see at all since it was all like a black shade, he was staring at me (or I think he was)...funny thing is that this happened as I came out of the bathroom.

What's with the bathrooms!!!

When I lived in my old house a few things happened

1. When I was two years old I screamed for parents because I saw a man with a gun in my room

2. You could hear a ball bouncing down the stairs when no one was bouncing one

3. A drawer in my parents room would shake

4. Once my parents and cousins were using a Ouija board and the candles went out even though all the windows and doors were closed

5. My dad was once having a shower and had a conversation with my mom when my mom wasn't home

6. Once I was with my cousin upstairs and we heard a man say "Come to me"

7. We would see shadows on the walls that weren't ours

iamphoenixfire

I don't know if this counts.... but sometimes i dream things.... and they come true the next day.

Like, this one time, I dreamt that I was alone in a dark room. and then I saw a man behind me and it was my dad, who I have not seen in years (out of my own choice; he isn't a very good person) and he said something. and then the next day, while i was alone in a dark room, he called me, and he said, "It's been awhile." The exact words, and the exact same inflection as in my dream. And it isn't the first time that's happened.... it makes me feel like I'm going crazy.

Squirrel Combat

Yeah, some of my dreams are paranormal. Sometimes I have prophetic dreams where I dream it then it happens shortly after or I have others where I start in one location and while the storyline remains consistent the location does not. :blink:

iamphoenixfire

Yeah, some of my dreams are paranormal. Sometimes I have prophetic dreams where I dream it then it happens shortly after or I have others where I start in one location and while the storyline remains consistent the location does not. :blink:

Well thank God I'm not the only one ^_^

Only once, not including dreams that end up happening in real life. I don't put too much stock in it since I can't actually remember the event. But it's an interesting story!

I was three, visiting a cemetery with my grandmother and aunt. I was really quiet and shy at that point, wouldn't talk unless spoken to. They were getting information on family plots and we had to walk through the graveyard to get to the building. In a clearing was a hill. I had a doll with me. Lamb Chop, I think - I carried it everywhere for a while. On the hill, I stopped. I started talking, as if someone was there. I "introduced" my doll to two points in the ground - as if there were two people there. It freaked my grandmother and aunt out. I never talked to anyone, let alone invented people to talk to.

When we finally got to the building, they received what I guess were some kind of blueprints. Turns out, there were two unmarked graves on the hill. Twins close to my age at the time. And they were our family.

ShipoftheNight

I'm fairly certain that I live in a haunted house. Least ways at random times in the night someone gets ice from the ice maker and proceeds to walk loudly up and down the hall. I've tried to catch them in action, but there's never anyone there. :/

Waist of Thyme

I'm not sure if this is paranormal, but I can't think of a rational explanation for it:

There are small drawings on one of the walls in my room that have been there for years. I didn't draw them. I'm not even tall enough to reach the spots where they are. Some are arrows pointing down, some look like origami shapes, and one is a stick figure with antennas on one end.

I wanted to take pictures and post them, but they're hard to see in a picture because of the lighting in my room.

it was broad daylight on a summer day and i was at my grandmother's house and we were all in the kitchen making thanksgiving pretzels or something and then i saw this really bright ball of light kind of go through the window, go at my face, and then vanish. And my mom saw the exact same thing but nobody else did. I guess it is sort of like the Marfa Lights

also once I found Jesús Christ on a grain of salt and i ate it actually

WhenSummersGone

Not really no. There was one time I thought I saw a ghost but I had psychosis so many I was hallucinating. My dad doesn't believe in ghosts at all so anything I say about them gets ruined lol.

I've had sleep paralysis once or twice, but I am not sure if that counts.

I have sometimes had dreams that predicted my future, but I don't consider them paranormal experiences. Because yeah, no ghosts and other strange creatures involved. So I'm going with no.

I haven't, no. Although my brother does say that I/we have.

My older brother and mum were doing a Ouija board in our lounge. At the time we had a large cabinet with all the glasses and china in and the big sliding doors were opaque glass. My mum was doing whatever you do, my oldest brother too, whilst my older brother and I sat doing stuff. It was dark outside and the curtains had been closed with only a candle lighting the room. I know, very atmospheric ^_^ We were sat at the top of the lounge with the cabinet stationed a good 6 feet away in the middle.Suddenly the glasses in the cabinet started to rattle ever so slightly. Then they began to rattle louder and were joined by the glass doors shaking. Then the candle went out. I remember my mum shrieking, me thinking what the hell was going on, my oldest brother standing up and pretending he was shaking the cabinet and my mum ushering us all out to the kitchen. Where we stayed until my dad arrived back a couple of hours later.

I haven't got a clue went on, mum still doesn't like to talk about it, but it wont make me a believer in anyway.

I don't know if this counts.... but sometimes i dream things.... and they come true the next day.

Like, this one time, I dreamt that I was alone in a dark room. and then I saw a man behind me and it was my dad, who I have not seen in years (out of my own choice; he isn't a very good person) and he said something. and then the next day, while i was alone in a dark room, he called me, and he said, "It's been awhile." The exact words, and the exact same inflection as in my dream. And it isn't the first time that's happened.... it makes me feel like I'm going crazy.

Almost exactly this, exact that mine are things further in the future, and usually a lot less momentous. Like I dream the text from a book I later read, or a conversation about something inane. Recently I had one that was more significant, where I dreamed that I was visiting somebody in the hospital having kind of a weird conversation, and I woke up and said "Ha! Why would I even be visiting her in the hospital?" and it happened about 10 months later (now one month ago).

5. My dad was once having a shower and had a conversation with my mom when my mom wasn't home

These are all SO creepy....

I actually had a dream about a space ship type thing the night before the shuttle Columbia exploded. I forgot about that. I literally woke up from the dream and heard my dad with the radio on downstairs (which usually never happens) and I went down and he told me the space shuttle had exploded.

My sister and I were at a next door neighbor's house one day. There were four of us and we were scattered in different spots in the living room. I happened to be standing next to this little round phone table when it started shaking and rattling. One of the girls later told me that the phone actually levitated off the stand for a moment. I was about 10 or 11 at the time, and so was one of the other girls in the room, so there may have been some poltergeist activity going on.

Another time, at the same house, the front door which had been latched and locked, popped open on its own.

One evening I was sitting up in my room by myself, when I felt someone touch the back of my head. It was a definite touch. No one was there.

When I was about six, I fell asleep and was soon "floating" at ceiling level - scared the daylights out of my mom who said I'd quit breathing.

I have deja-vu moments all the time - dreams that come true. (No black cats though ...)

I'm fascinated by ghosts and paranormal activity.

On the eve of my mother's funeral last year I went for a shower, leaving my laptop on at the main switch. After the shower, I resumed my work and the laptop wouldn't work. I decided to check the plug to see if it was plugged in correctly and found the switch off, something I never do until I switch off for the night.

I KNOW I didn't switch it off so who did?

SAME. But I think it's pretty cool. I asked around and stuff and it seems this happens to a good number of people. Not everyone, but we're definitely not alone.

Other than that, on more than one occasion, I heard and/or felt something like that of a ghost, but I can't really say for sure it was a paranormal experience. Maybe it was just stress getting to me. Anyway, I just laughed those feelings off to try to ignore them.

Also, one school night, I was seriously tired due to a severe lack of sleep (like every other school night tbh), so I lay down on my bed and closed my eyes. Unfortunately though, I still had homework to do. A part of me wanted to get up but another part of me wanted to stay and rest my eyes for a while...when suddenly, I heard a voice in my head telling me not to fall asleep yet. It was as clear and audible as can be, like it wasn't just inside my head. It was a woman's voice; one that I didn't recognize. (Not gonna lie, I initially thought it was Mama Mary speaking to me...in Filipino.) Again, I don't know if that was legit or if it was just me again.

tl;dr "well, maybe just this one time...."

Captain Darkhorse

All the time. I've given up counting them. Prophetic dreams? Those are more my mom's specialty, but I've had a few, so check. Things randomly disappearing, only to turn up months (or a year in the case of my glasses) later? Check. Interactions with spirits, both with positive and negative intentions? Double check. I knew my grandfather died and could pinpoint his exact time of death before both the nursing home and the mortician.

The paranormal stuff used to freak me out, but I've gotten used to it.

I've had the odd paranormal experience but nothing particularly amazing or special.

I have had prophetic dreams before though, and at one point I could 'see' (its complicated) auras when I was little and was really good at just knowing stuff about people that I shouldn't know and stuff. Things that I couldn't have overheard from somewhere or anything but I just KNEW anyway.

When I was little, about four or five years old, and we were living in Spain I had a weird experience. There was this big tube-thing on the beach where I was playing and without knowing why I felt a strong need to go inside it. I remember rooting around inside the tube-thing looking for something (but I didn't know what it was I was looking for, just that I had to look for it) and eventually I found this really weird looking, old necklace. After that things get a bit blurry but I remember knowing that the necklace was somehow really significant. I got told off by my mum for going inside the tube because apparently it was dangerous or something.

Later I gave the necklace to a young man who was working at a bar and told him it was important so he should keep it safe and look after it. I remember watching carefully as he hung it up from one of the mugs and feeling rather relieved about it though I don't know why.

Not really sure if it counts as a paranormal experience though.

When I lived in my old house a few things happened

1. When I was two years old I screamed for parents because I saw a man with a gun in my room

2. You could hear a ball bouncing down the stairs when no one was bouncing one

3. A drawer in my parents room would shake

4. Once my parents and cousins were using a Ouija board and the candles went out even though all the windows and doors were closed

Man, this gave me the chills! :o

I'm fairly certain that I live in a haunted house. Least ways at random times in the night someone gets ice from the ice maker and proceeds to walk loudly up and down the hall. I've tried to catch them in action, but there's never anyone there. :/

:blink: That's freaky! When I was a little we would hear pots and pans being banged around in the kitchen between like 1-2am. Whenever my mom or dad checked it out, the minute they stepped inside the kitchen the sounds just stopped and nothing was out of place. It went on for several years but then it just randomly stopped.

I've only had like two "experiences" but I'm not sure if they count as paranormal or not.

1) When I was a little we would hear pots and pans being banged around in the kitchen between like 1-2am. Whenever my mom or dad checked it out, the minute they stepped inside the kitchen the sounds just stopped and nothing was out of place. It went on for several years but then it just randomly stopped.

2) Several months ago I was home alone and had just gotten off work. I was resting on the couch watching TV and I heard someone knock softly three times on my front door. Getting up to check I saw that the front door was open and I started panicking thinking someone broke in. So I walk over to close it and right as I got to the door it slammed shut. I mean the door hit so hard that it made the windows next to it vibrate for a moment. I freak out easily so I ran outside and stayed outside for 30 minutes. I know I shut and locked the front door because I ALWAYs do and there was no wind that day. It was in the middle of summer....it was weird.

Yes I think so :P

I was at my grandmother´s house and I saw a old lady just like grandma at the kitchen and I called her and he never turn to me then she walked and my grandmother reply me in the room behind me... and well I got kinda scare honestly...

Nope! Any experiences that could potentially be categorized as paranormal happen to my mom, not me. The closest thing to happen to me is that for a year the speakers at my computer desk, when they were turned off, would occasionally emit a distinct heartbeat noise and then go silent again. I found a rational explanation for it eventually, and can even replicate the results to some degree.

I don't know if religious experiences count?

I attend a Christian summer camp, and last year at the end of one of the services I had this feeling come over me, like there was someone else inside my head, peering over my shoulder. It was really weird, almost comforting in a very strange way. When I left the church it went away.

It didn't convert me but I'm a lot less sceptical about religion now. Does that count or not?

I've had many paranormal experiences. The most recent one happened in January this year. I went out for a walk (it was 8.30pm and still very dark). I passed a lane with a field over the hedge. I could see a red flicking light in the sky hovering above the field and not making a sound. I just stopped to look. Then I could see lights moving ground level on the field below that mystery light. Now after a while I watched the light in the sky "land" then "walk"! As if someone holding a lantern!!!

I kept watching intrigued so I stepped round closer and went on the path leading into the field.

I saw these colourful lights moving up and down along the other end of the field and behing them was another hedge and another field. I wanted to have a look! I stepped closer and closer. I thought it was people holding lanterns. Then as if "they" noticed me coming,d all these lights stood in a row. One of them came towards me. I stepped closer. The light got closer to me. I realised these were not people.

Even the red light that was flying in the sky earlier was now a part of the group.

These were orbs. I knew there was no people there or machines. I wanted to go nearer but my boot was stuck in mud. I knew it was time to go. I had to flee. The lights just hovered like they were playing or something. I've seen nothing ever like it before. Wiilo the Wisps? Orbs? ghosts? spirits? I don't know what they were but these were certainly not people, animals or machines even.

ethereal_energy

My dad says he has several experiences with ghosts and prophetic dreams.

But one time we were in the family room/dining room or whatever, and a butter knife just flew off the counter. It didn't just fall; it went upwards too like someone flung it. It even flipped a little in the air like it would if it had been thrown naturally, instead of just falling.

Ohoh, this thread is freaking me out. And I live alone. And it as getting dark. Ahhh....

Interesting stuff though.

Archived