Do you trust your government?

iamphoenixfire

Do you trust the government  

1. 1. Do you trust your government

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure
  2. 2. If you answered yes to #1, what part of the world are you from?

• I did not answer yes to #1
    • North America
    • Central America
    • Europe
    • Asia
    • Africa
    • South America
    • Australia/Oceania
  3. 3. If you answered no to #1, what part of the world are you from?

• I did not answer no to #1
    • North America
    • Central America
    • Europe
    • Asia
    • Africa
    • South America
    • Australia/Oceania
  4. 4. If you answered not sure to #1, what part of the world are you from?

• I did not answer not sure to #1
    • North America
    • Central America
    • Europe
    • Asia
    • Africa
    • South America
    • Australia/Oceania
  5. 5. What is your opinion of the United States Government?

• It's good
    • It's eh
    • It's awful
    • other (please explain)
    • doing the best it can
    • it's corrupt
    • it is paranoid

This poll is closed to new votes

Quintus Crinis

From the UK - although I'm a member of one of my country's governmental parties, I don't trust the government much at all.

GCHQ keeping surveillance on most everybody (despite laws against this) and a government that hasn't really changed hands or policy for about 75 years. :(

Although at least it's slightly better than the US - the less said about Bush the better and Obama hasn't changed a huge amount. Money still seems to matter more than accountability or morals. :(

I don't trust any government. They all tend to be more or less corrupt.

I guess we have pretty good conditions in Finland compared to some other places. However I'd still say there's lots of crap going on, that may not be as aggressive and visible like in some places, but it's happening mostly behind the scenes and with the quiet, ignorant acceptance of the majority of people.

For example, inmates are treated better in prisons than old people in nursing homes. We're already suffering from a ridiculous amount of unemployment, but the government just wants to rise the retirement age and make work days longer. People are getting fired while the few ones remaining are crushed under an inhumane load of work.

While the retirement age rises and no one seems to want to take in young new workers who are still learning, younger ones are left unemployed of course. Then they get blamed and stigmatized as slackers and parasites for not having a job.

Meanwhile some people are waiting for food in breadlines, the politics are purchasing expensive design blankets for themselves to nap, or sauna stoves that cost 8000 euros per one, etc. Also, some years ago the politicians were challenged to try and survive one month with the lowest aid from social welfare, that unemployed people get. No one accepted the challenge except one, and he lasted less than a week til the money was all gone.

Also, the conservaties are the most hated party in Finland amongst the citizens, yet SOMEHOW they win the election every time, and if not win, at least they're amongst the top.

And all this is just scratching the surface.

Why would I trust the government of the US? Till now I haven't seen much reasons for it. In fact I've seen to much reasons to not trust them. They're corrupt with the whole lobbying system.

romantic-woman

We became the most ridiculous country, all news say that we live cause of Germany and our government ruined all our history. Greece is really in need, i don't trust anyone at all!

I come from the Czech Republic. I don´t trust to my government at all. The level of corruption here is the same as in Columbia, for example. There a lot of unemployed people, homeless people and noone gives a shit about them, while the government people just steal money wherever they can and then claim there are no money for poor people, for health care, for repair of broken roads and stuff.

On the other hand, government in the USA doesn´t seem much better. OK, you have it complicated just because of the fact you are a big and powerful country and the whole world watches you. But some laws in USA are crazy. I don´t get how it could happend that even so shitty country like mine has better laws for protection of animals and better regulations of hormones and similar things in food. For example, it is banned here to add hormones and antibiotics into food for farm animals. And it is banned to put farm animals into these small bare cages where they can´t even turn around.

Squirrel Combat

I have a mixed relationship with my government. There's better and worse governments out there.

I'm from the UK and I do not trust our Government in the slightest. Cameron is useless public schoolboy twat and I wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire!!!

I have been a lifelong LibDem supporter and have always voted as such, but I'm afraid I have almost reached the point of stopping voting altogether, such is my disillusionment.

Politicians start out in their careers with such idealistic views on how they will change their country for the better, but in the end it always ends up about greed and corruption.

It's the nature of the beast I'm afraid. Power breeds arseholes!!!

Trust? Of course not. I maintain a healthy distrust of my own government (Britain, by the way). I also refuse to refer to it as if it's one hive-mind like entity. There are some politicians I approve of, others completely the opposite. Frankly a lot of the problems with the UK parliament you can blame right on the electorate. People don't turn up to vote and then complain that there isn't a party that represents them. Democracy only works if you participate

What's with all the hate?

I trust my government more than I distrust it so I voted yes. I think it's doing a fine job overall, keeping its people safe, providing good infrastructure and so on. I don't agree with a ton of things it cooks up (or some of its more demented members anyway) but that is no reason to not appreciate it. In fact, I plan to become a government employee myself.

I trust it. Like what does it mean to distrust your government? That you can be arrested for airing an opinion and being oppressed (in the real way and not SJW way) or that they don't fulfill every point on their electoral program? If it is the first then I trust them, for the latter I trust the current government, however the last governments have been really shitty on that and done nothing but lying :p

• 2 months later...

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organization, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to re-start new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

Lady Girl, Moderator

Archived