LITHromantic?

HeidiUK

Ever since I came back here I have seen more and more people use the term Lithromantic.

Can someone please explain to me what this means and (as they don't go hand in hand) how it is used? Can one get Lithsexual?

Thanks! :cake:

Lithromantics are individuals who experience romantic love but do not desire their feelings to be reciprocated.

Technically, it's possible to be lithsexual, but I haven't heard anyone use the term.

So, a crush, but not quite?

Thanks everyone :)

Not necessarily.

It's kind of a more self-less love I think.

They may still want to be in a relationship with people.

I think that lithros are capable of having crushes, though if you go with the definition, they simply don't want that love/infatuation/whatever else it may be returned. I used to identify as lithro, so when I did, I enjoyed having crushes but the idea of somebody liking me back made me feel uncomfortable. However, I don't identify as lithro anymore, and all lithros are different.

Groovycat2112

Hello. I identify as lithromantic. As mentioned before, when we develop romantic attractions we don't require those feelings be reciprocated. Some lithro's may not care if the person they like likes them back. Others, like myself, find it extremely uncomfortable.

For me, rather than wanting a romantic relationship with someone I've developed romantic feelings for I want friendship instead. That's the highest form of relationship I want. So I guess you could say that instead of crushes I develop squishes, like I think many lithro's develop.

Hope this helps.

Groovycat2112

Sorry forgot to add this, I knew I was forgetting something. I think it is possible to be lithsexual. Although there isn't much in the way of information when you google it. But I think it's entirely possible.

Archived