ASEXY LIFE #2 ZINE: CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS

one_beat

ASEXY LIFE TWO: ROMANTIC RELATIONSHIPS

A CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS

Do you identify as asexual/demisexual/gray-A and are you in a romantic relationship? If you don’t identify at all along the asexual spectrum, are you dating someone that does?

ASEXY LIFE #2 is about asexuality and romantic relationships, so I’d like to hear about your experience dating. The reason so many of the guiding questions down below are about sex is because sex is usually expected or assumed to be a major part of romantic relationships, especially in the media and well, everywhere. I’m not trying to say that it is - I’d just like to explore these ideas. So here are some guiding questions:

Do you have sex with your partner(s)? Why or why not? If yes, how does this work out? Do you enjoy it, and in what ways? If yes or no, how has this worked out? Has sex (or the lack of sex) been an issue in the relationship? Have you considered an open relationship or polyamory? If yes, with what sorts of agreements?

Basically, how do you do your relationship?

I know this can be a very personal and sensitive topic, so please know that I’m very happy to accept anonymous contributions. Your name doesn’t have to be in the zine. In fact, I love anonymity.

I’m accepting essays, prose, poems, photos, drawings, collages - ANYTHING that can be printed in zine format.

Email all contributions to asexy.life.zine@gmail.com by November 30th.

Feel free to contact me with any questions or information. Also, please share this post with anyone you know who might be interested in contributing!

------------

P.S. I put out ASEXY LIFE #1 back in summer of 2010.

I have nothing that I could contribute along the lines of those discussions but I do think it's awesome you put together such things. The link didn't work on your profile but still. Mad props for doing it.

Is there a word limit to an essay? And what do you mean by 'zine format.'

I'm an ace in a relationship with a grey-A, and I've been in many relationships with sexuals, so I'm sure I can come up with something good to add.

miggiesmath: I have updated the link! Thanks for looking. Please do keep in mind it's the printer version, so the pages are out of order when you're just reading it on the computer.

Asexual Souperhero: There is no word limit, but know that if accepted, it will be alongside other submissions as well. By zine I refer to self-published mini magazines, usually made with the d.i.y (or do it yourself) ethic in mind. They were really influential in the early 90's among the riot grrrl movement. Just a fun, easy way to self-publish. You can read more about them here.

Archived