Sex us aces enjoy! A ton of TMI

eched

Tarfeather

wow Tarfeather did she not wash or what? it's honestly not that bad at all on a healthy clean vaj (in my experience anyway) just like licking/smelling mildly salty but clean skin sort of.

Okay. Honestly, I've got no idea about female hygiene. She did wash that day, but I'm not sure how.. uh.. "thoroughly".

Vaginas are self cleaning, cleaning with other methods can actually mess with the acidity. If I recall correctly, the acidity helps protect it from bacteria? Cleaning with water or douching can actually mess that up.

@ Tarfeather: She could have had thrush or BV (or a different infection) that caused such a strong odor. Well some people are just naturally have more body odor of course (you know some people shower and smell a bit sweaty again soon after? that's just something that can't be helped and I'm assuming it could apply to vaginas as well) but yeah generally if a vaj smells really bad/strong in a way that makes you gag after someone has washed in the regular ways (no need for hardcore scrubbing or douching or anything) it is a sign of infection of some sort or another (fungal, viral, bacterial) so yeah for a healthy woman that isn't generally entirely natural.

While I'm here I may as well comment on the OP actually, even though this may count as thread necromancy aha

I don't enjoy anything at all done to my genitals (oral, fingering, penetration etc) by man or woman. I enjoy oral and fingering a *lot less* than penetration. just hate the way they feel regardless if whether or not I'm aroused nothing against the actual acts themselves though. don't find them gross or anything just don't enjoy them.

Pretty much anything else I'm cool with, with the right person (the right person being an extreme rarity)

If we are going to talk about things we actually *really enjoy* in the bedroom (or anywhere else heh) though, well WARNING TMI X 1 MILLION (again, only with the right person) I have a pretty epic fetish for semen so yeah anything involving that getting on me or in my mouth and I'm away laughing :P I'm into a fair bit of kinky stuff but that's definitely my top preferred "sexual" act.

Vaginas are self cleaning, cleaning with other methods can actually mess with the acidity. If I recall correctly, the acidity helps protect it from bacteria? Cleaning with water or douching can actually mess that up.

No you're meant to clean with water, just avoid antibacterial soaps, scrubbing, douching etc. Gentle water though (not too hot) is fine and won't cause issues.

@ Tarfeather: She could have had thrush or BV (or a different infection) that caused such a strong odor. Well some people are just naturally have more body odor of course (you know some people shower and smell a bit sweaty again soon after? that's just something that can't be helped and I'm assuming it could apply to vaginas as well) but yeah generally if a vaj smells really bad/strong in a way that makes you gag after someone has washed in the regular ways (no need for hardcore scrubbing or douching or anything) it is a sign of infection of some sort or another (fungal, viral, bacterial) so yeah for a healthy woman that isn't generally entirely natural.

Think it also depends on your personal preference for smells. I, personally, cannot STAND the smell of vaginal fluids. I can't even stand it when my own smell gets on my hands, blech. And the whole "the room smells of sex" is a mix of vaginal fluids (mostly) and semen and just... gag me. Smells so awful, I don't care how thoroughly clean it is. The mucus that is produced during sexual contact (the natural lubricant) REEKS. So does natural discharge. Of course, some people like the smells, my partner being one of them. And the smell is also why some people enjoy having "last nights underwear" as a reminder. But, omg, keep it away from me! :lol:

Tarfeather

Think it also depends on your personal preference for smells. I, personally, cannot STAND the smell of vaginal fluids. I can't even stand it when my own smell gets on my hands, blech. And the whole "the room smells of sex" is a mix of vaginal fluids (mostly) and semen and just... gag me. Smells so awful, I don't care how thoroughly clean it is. The mucus that is produced during sexual contact (the natural lubricant) REEKS. So does natural discharge. Of course, some people like the smells, my partner being one of them. And the smell is also why some people enjoy having "last nights underwear" as a reminder. But, omg, keep it away from me! :lol:

That makes sense. I honestly couldn't tell you which it was, because I've had only the one experience. Only one way to find out.. *imagines explaining "It's for science!" to the g/f and getting smacked across the head*

That makes sense. I honestly couldn't tell you which it was, because I've had only the one experience. Only one way to find out.. *imagines explaining "It's for science!" to the g/f and getting smacked across the head*

Haha. You could always ask to do her laundry one day, but she might still smack you if she catches you sniffing her underwear. ;)

They have made an entire product line about women being uncomfortable about the smell of their own genitals, honestly. Deodorants for "down there", perfumed panty liners they advertise for "wear every day to keep you smelling fresh", perfumey douches, etc. Most of them ruin the natural ability to balance itself though and are not very healthy.

Autumn Season

They have made an entire product line about women being uncomfortable about the smell of their own genitals, honestly. Deodorants for "down there", perfumed panty liners they advertise for "wear every day to keep you smelling fresh", perfumey douches, etc. Most of them ruin the natural ability to balance itself though and are not very healthy.

Whoah, people are using the weirdest things. (This is not the weirdest thing I heard about, but it's something I never heard of before.)

My TMI:

I like doing sexual acts with a partner, but I don't get turned on by them, it's only about sensual pleasure for me.

I like being in charge, exploring my partner's body and giving them pleasure. Hm, I want to add that I'm not as experienced as it may seem here. Anyway, I'm quite curious about doing new things in the bed room, but those things need to be me doing something to my partner, not the other way around. Something that I definitely don't like though is the taste of semen. Blergh. Never again.

I don't like my partner trying to pleasure me. First of all this doesn't work because I'm a nonlibidoist. Second of all I get extremely bored and even slightly pissed that I have to put up with the situation. I also get annoyed when people don't understand "no". My "no" means "no". It's as simple as that. ... OK, there's just one exception: I love my partner nibbling, sucking and biting on my neck. <3

Outside of purely sexual acts I like cuddling, hugging, holding hands, playing with each others hands (fetish *cough*), fooling around in any kind of innocent way that involves touching. I dislike kissing or any kind of act which involves another face getting really close to mine. :/

Jaded Princess

Tmi

Oral is the lesser of 2 evils for me, but I have an issue with smells mainly. As for intercourse as a romantic ace I feel like MAYBE I would have less of a problem with the 'main act' if I felt like I was being 'made love' too as apposed to being f#%@ed, I know it's not deliberate, but...

~RedArcher

If I may, this thread doesn't really make sense at all.

I don't see how aces describing what sex they like is going to help a sexual individual at all. None of us are their respective partner so isn't this sending the wrong signal? "We do this so your partner definitely will too"?

Feel free to weigh in.

Haha. You could always ask to do her laundry one day, but she might still smack you if she catches you sniffing her underwear. ;)

I'm so confused lol. I have like the most epic sense of smell (I can smell a sneeze in a room even if I walk into the room like 5 minutes after its happened, I'll know someone has sneezed from the smell lol - hate the smell of them) but seriously the vaj fluids I've smelled directly through sex with women just smell like warm salty water.. Like exctly the same. Do you gag at the smell of that too or is it a totally different smell for you?

I can always tell if a chick has a stronger odor though, like can smell her in the room (sorry, know how awful that sounds) but always assumed that was down to thrush or BV or Maybe even period issues. Never phsyically been with a a chick who smells that way though, just the mildly salty ones and yeah I'm just a mildly salty myself not that it matters because no way is anyone getting their face down there again haha.

Anyway just assumed the mild salt smell was the "normal" state for a healthy clean woman and anything fishy or gaggy or whatever meant she maybe just has some issues with bacterial imbalances etc.

argh typed that on my phone so many auto correct fails gah

I don't see how aces describing what sex they like is going to help a sexual individual at all. None of us are their respective partner so isn't this sending the wrong signal? "We do this so your partner definitely will too"?

Feel free to weigh in.

Yeah I agree. All aces are different and this may give sexual partners expectations that "well if she likes being given oral and she's ace, I must be able to convince my own ace partner she loves oral" (I say that as someone who passionately hates being given oral, seeing a lot of ace women saying they are fine with and can even enjoy oral.. def nope no way for me, hate the way it feels haha edit: hate the way anything done to my genitals feels lol).

I'm not even sure why I commented as my partner(ish)friend-person is ace and that's the only reason I'm comfortable doing anything with him. I know he's never going to be upset without it I guess so yeah am lot more comfortable with things that I'd never be comfortable doing with a sexual person.

I'm so confused lol. I have like the most epic sense of smell (I can smell a sneeze in a room even if I walk into the room like 5 minutes after its happened, I'll know someone has sneezed from the smell lol - hate the smell of them) but seriously the vaj fluids I've smelled directly through sex with women just smell like warm salty water.. Like exctly the same. Do you gag at the smell of that too or is it a totally different smell for you?

I can always tell if a chick has a stronger odor though, like can smell her in the room (sorry, know how awful that sounds) but always assumed that was down to thrush or BV or Maybe even period issues. Never phsyically been with a a chick who smells that way though, just the mildly salty ones and yeah I'm just a mildly salty myself not that it matters because no way is anyone getting their face down there again haha.

Anyway just assumed the mild salt smell was the "normal" state for a healthy clean woman and anything fishy or gaggy or whatever meant she maybe just has some issues with bacterial imbalances etc.

argh typed that on my phone so many auto correct fails gah

Here is something from a gyno that writes a blog:

"One of my gynecology patients approached me this week to ask about her "V-pourri," the scent emanating from her nether regions. When I was writing my book What's Up Down There? Questions You’d Only Ask Your Gynecologist If She Was Your Best Friend, I got so many questions about how coochies smell that I was inspired to write a whole chapter about it.

Every vagina has its own special smell -- a combination of the normal bacteria that live in your vagina, what you eat, how you dress, your level of hygiene, your bowel habits, how much you sweat, and what your glands secrete. Remember that the glands near the vagina also secrete pheromones, meant to attract a sexual partner. So you don't want to deodorize your va-jay-jay so much that it smells like rain. Doing so thwarts the primal function of what your smell is supposed to accomplish. Plus, it interferes with the vagina's natural pH balance and can lead to a whole host of gynecological conditions."

The smell is only noticeable to me 1) If I touch that area (not during a shower, as water washes away everything) and then it's on my hands 2) My partner touches there and then puts his hand near my face 3) During sex, or even walking into a room someone else had sex in recently, the smell is in the air from the extra secreting the genitals do during sex.

Perhaps some people like the pheromones and some do not? :D

Feel free to weigh in.

I think the point is to give aces and their partners alternatives to penatrative sex, since alternatives aren't widely represented. One thing I find interesting is something Dan Savage said,That most gay male couples don't have anal sex all of the time. A lot of the time, other types of sex, like oral and mutual masturbation, do constitute "sex" in same sex relationships.

(Not a savage fan but not everything he says is wrong)

Personally I have yet to experience a sex act I find unpleasant.

Feel free to weigh in.

I think maybe its meant to be a starting point for sexual partners who are having sex with asexual people. Like I didn't get the vibe a bunch aces like sex act a so my partner will to just because a bunch of aces on aven do. Now that doesn't actually make sense because everyone is different. And maybe thats where this thread comes in now maybe the sexual partner can be like, hey would you like too try...and offer a suggestion. Two, if someone is nervous about having sex maybe going slow would help a lot and maybe thats were this thread comes in. Thats my thinking..

Tarfeather

Feel free to weigh in.

No, that's not the purpose. In fact, I think half the purpose is asexuals exchanging stories. Which makes me wonder why it was placed in this subforum, but I guess putting this in the "Asexual Q&A" forum or some such would piss some people off. Every post here is completely different from every other post, so I think someone would have to be really stupid to think it'd transfer 1:1 on their partner.

Archived