20/20 AIRDATE ANNOUNCED: 24th March

AVENguy

fraughtingsoulswithinher
"You might as well label yourself not curious, unadventurous, narrow-minded, blind to possibilities. That's what happens when you label yourself as sexually neutered," Davidson said.

:shock: Wow! I'll have to watch the whole thing and see that in context of course... but right now, I have to admit that statement leaves me stunned. I suppose I was more prepared for the "you're repressed" style of argument, not such a personal attack :o

I hope I get the chance to refute that idea someday :twisted: :)

exactly my reaction...narrow-minded? who does she think she is? :evil:

Any and all underlying physical and/or psychological problems HAVE been explored ... the "therapist's" problem is that she didn't make any money off of it.

She is obviously a strong believer in the "One size fits all" philosophy. And of course we all now how totally true that is.

Colorblind people have superior vision in some ways. Does the army still seek them out specifically because they aren't fooled by artificial camoflage? I wonder why that ability wasn't mentioned?

-Greybird

I'm sure that many people who are totally blind from birth would like to be able to see, even if they don't know how it's like, because eyesight is so central to most human's life. On the other hand, I'm anosmic and I wouldn't be interested in gaining a sense of smell, since I don't think I'm losing out on much. Actually, it helps me do things others consider disgusting.

So, if sexuality were so central to human life that humans couldn't live without it, I guess we'd all be crying for a magical pill. Since we're not, I think it's probably just something (very) enjoyable, but accessory.

Archived