20/20 AIRDATE ANNOUNCED: 24th March

AVENguy

Earlier this week 20/20 contacted me about potentially putting together a segment! They'll be exploring everything over the next couple of weeks with my help, I'll keep everyone updated..

Wow, that sort of public recognition of asexuality would be very appreciated. I was beginning to feel like I'll be well into my 40's before my family will look at asexuality as being anything but a phase or a psychological problem in need of fixing. I think that American society really needs to be more aware of the existance of asexuals, and more importantly, people need to understand that there is nothing wrong with being asexual. Thank you for all the work you have done to increase our visibility.

Dai

Cate Perfect

WOWWEE. Count me in if you need any volunteers.

*adds name to list after SpockJr's*

Cate

ooo interesting.....l

Wow! Way to go Deej. Depending upon who the assigned reporter is, I might b able to help out too, if needed. . . . (How's that for a wishy-washy volunteer?)

I'd like to help out too, if it's needed. The more contributors, the better, and all that.

tack me on to the list of volunteers (after spock, cate, inkburrow, and anyone else i may have missed)

Hmmm/ I might have to borrow a tv.

boa

likewise, boa, likewise...

Cate Perfect

I'm going to get someone to tape an episode or two of 20/20 so I can get an idea of how they run interviews. (Where do they tape it?)

Cate

I already emailed you, but I'll add it here too.

Sign me up!

-Greybird

The Evil Cashew

is excited to see iof this will happen and to watch it if it does

~Cashew

Finished my first phone interview with the producer doing the story. We'll see what happens now.

Basically, the same thing the others have asked. They're still researching for the story right now. I don't know what direction they're going to go.

I do remember one thing that she asked that was different. She asked about misconceptions that people have about asexuality.

Cate Perfect

Oh good. Did you give her a list?

Cate

VivreEstEsperer

I've been emailed about having a phone interview, and I am very excited! What a great opportunity.

Yes keep us all posted.

i did a phone interview with her on tuesday night. she seems quite nice (don't they all at first :P). she said she's still researching, looking for more people to talk to, etc.

jeremy, did she ask you to send a photo of yourself? i thought that was rather odd...

Archived