Asperger syndrome?

I have aspergers and I'm asexual.

I don't think the two always go hand in hand, I just think that aspies are more likely to be asexual than the general population. I think that's why there seems to be a higher concentration of people with aspergers syndrome on this forum.

I have Asperger's and I've mistaken myself for being asexual in the past, but I'm really just aromantic and COULD experience sexual attraction if the right person happened to come along. (It'd take a miracle and probably isn't likely to happen but you never know with the internet.)

Anyways, I've found that autistic people tend to either fall on the asexual side of the spectrum or the hypersexual side. It's like a love or hate type of thing due to our sensory processing differences.

I believe there is some correlation between the two, but the correlation is not 100%. What I mean is 100% of asexuals are not autistic and 100% of those with autism are asexual. It's sort of similar to the relationship between homosexuality and having older brothers. Some scientists posit that the more older brothers a boy has, the chances of him being gay increase. While some boys with older brothers are gay, there are plenty of others that are not.

I met some new friends about a month ago, and we were all hanging out last night. We got to talking about touch. One of my friends said that she hates to be touched and to get intimate with another person unless she's known them for quite a while. When I told her I had a low sex drive and have a very large bubble, she asked me if I was autistic because she is high-functioning autistic. I'm not, but it is an interesting correlation.