Register your interest for WorldPride 2014!

michaeld

Have to see what life brings between now and next June but I'm interested in coming should it be feasible for me to do so. (Canada)

I'm Kat. If I can get time off and my car in good working order, I'll be there. I live in Seattle, Washington.

sonmi mechko skittles

I'll bring it up with my local group in Rochester. Depending on how free/busy people are, we could bring anywhere between 0 and 10 of us :)

The Great WTF

*waves* I'm WTF and I'm planning to attend (possibly with brother if tow if he's not still dating a controlling devil woman) if all goes well.

Notte stellata

I'd like to go, but I'm in the southernmost part of US, so it's a long way. We'll see how things pan out though.

EDIT: Unfortunately I'm not able to go.

There's no way I'll be able to make it, but I wish I could!

-raises hand- I'm definitely interested! I'm from the US. I was thinking if I did go to World Pride 2014, I'd only go during the weekend so the 28-29th is perfect!

Oxalis (USA)

revoltedrequiem (USA)

You can definitely count us in!!! :cake:

JJButterworth

I am from Toronto and have been involved in Toronto pride for the past 3 years and will not miss this one.

One thing that's come back to memory; if I recall correctly from (A)sexual, the LBGTQ community didn't exactly seem thrilled to have asexuals marching with them, some being a bit hostile even.

Maybe that's just due to the limited footage they were able to show or my misinterpretation of it, anyone who was there able to comment?

Then again I think bisexuals and trans* endured similar things when trying to join the movement (and as far as I can tell there's still a fair bit of biphobia and transphobia even within LBGTQ) so maybe it's not that important so long as we're out there?

One thing that's come back to memory; if I recall correctly from (A)sexual, the LBGTQ community didn't exactly seem thrilled to have asexuals marching with them, some being a bit hostile even.

Maybe that's just due to the limited footage they were able to show or my misinterpretation of it, anyone who was there able to comment?

I was at WorldPride 2012 in London, and everyone was wonderful with us :)

katelynntheresa

I'm Katelynn and I'm in toronto, Canada!

I would like to go, but I'm not sure about it due to the distance and the lack of visibility on my holidays.

I leave in Mexico

I would like to go, but I'm not sure about it due to the distance and the lack of visibility on my holidays.

I leave in Mexico

I really hope you make it! It would be great to have someone from Mexico there.

I'd *like* to go, but I can't promise that will actually *happen*. I'll look into getting myself a passport for starters.

I think I recognized one or two other Chicago area people who've posted, so if I *do* manage to pull this off and decide to drive, maybe we can work out some sort of carpool arrangement or something.

Okay, I have good(-ish) news on my front: the first round of vacation bidding has gone through and I've picked up the week of Pride, with the exception of Sunday (which counts as the week after). I'm going to try and pick up Sunday and Monday so I can attend the main parade and have time to drive back, but, at the very least, I should be there to meet many of you. :D

Guest member25959

Hi I'm Arca and I live... somewhere secret! I'm interested in attending, but it's pretty much a huge impossible pipe dream right now. No money, no confidence, no plans, hundreds of other issues that need to be fixed first... it ain't gonna happen, but I'm still interested!

msrosalindtang

I'll be there! I'm living in Manhattan right now but I'm from Toronto. Wouldn't miss it for anything. :)

Welcome! I'm looking forward to meeting y'all next summer.

This is an interesting idea.

I'd like to come but not sure if I'll be able to

Ooh. Someone from Oz has finally signed up! :d I really hope you can make it.

*envy*

I'm in the wants-to-go-but-has-no-chance-of-ever-going camp. But moral and internet support all the way! :D

Definitely interested! I live just a short drive away from TO. :) Social anxiety means I'll probably bring my all-too-willing-and-supportive friend along as well.

Dude, I wish I could attend, but I would have to do the whole saving money and getting a passport ordeal. I hope all of you guys have a wonderful time!

littlepersonparadox

This thread is for everyone to register their interest in attending WorldPride 2014 in Toronto. Main dates are 28-29 June 2014 (but see this thread for a slightly more detailed plan).

No commitment obviously! Show of hands please!! If you might come or just wish to register your interest in coming, please make a post to this thread, giving the country you're located in if it isn't obvious from your profile! (If you don't mind sharing, that is...)

I'll start! My name is michaeld. I live in the UK and I'm interested in coming to WorldPride 2014. *adds own name below*

List of people who are interested in attending WorldPride 2014:

• michaeld (UK)
  • Tea (USA)
  • amygdala (Canada)
  • +Spookzar (Canada)
  • Kilo (Canada)
  • Turqoise (Canada)
  • Coleslaw (Canada)
  • Strivna (USA)
  • +Lee (USA)
  • Megalopsycha (USA)
  • The Scrabbler (USA)