NaNoWriMo 2013

The Great WTF

Well done for achieving it twice! :) This is my first time doing NaNo properly. Last time I joined but only contributed on one day before quitting. Ironically it was this same project I'm working on now, but back then it obviously wasn't in a state where I could write it.

On a side note; I got to 40k!!! And it's only 8:20ish... I think I could write a bit more. I don't have much time to write tomorrow thanks to a concert, so any extra I can do tonight will help! :D

Congrats Grace!

Enjoy your concert tomorrow too.

Awesome, 1,200 words done this morning, even though I got up later than I intended. That's a good start to help me reach today's word goal. :D

(9k to go...)

The Great WTF

I feel kind of bad for being done! *hides* I had a couple nights of insomnia and got my novel to 71,000 words with no end in sight. I'm not sure I want to know how long this is going to be.

That is an excellent chart, Lia! I have saved it and will make good use of it in my final draft. :)

Unfortunately I had a horrible day at work and couldn't leave early today, then I had my concert, so I've only done 1,500 words so far today. However, I'm planning on pulling a late night (midnight, I think) in order to make up for it. I will not fall behind again because of a crappy day!

SketchedExistence

That is definitely a helpful chart! I am so using that when I get to the editing stage. *laughs* I'm about to start writing here in just a bit. My goal is to hit at least 46,000 words tonight. I have over 44,000. At this point, I am just trying to pace myself while not running out of steam. I am going to hit it hard tomorrow.

Well I didn't hit my target of 3k, but I got to 2,500, which is close enough. I would do a bit more but I'm starting to get tired.

Only 7,500 to go. :)

Oh my goodness. Thank you, thank you, thank you, Lia. A big part of my story universe involves characters who are personifications of emotions, so this could be immensely useful in the future.

Eeee! I have less than 5k to go to the end! I'm confident I can squeeze in another 1-2k before I turn in for the night.

Edit (to avoid double-posting): And I managed to write more! I'm now at 46,691 words. I am officially back on target! And I think I may actually finish tomorrow!!! :D

*breaks 48k.* Less than two thousand words to go. Today is the day!!! :D

You will have to excuse the double-post but I have a very special announcement...

I DID IT!!! 50k!

That is all.

Thank you very much. *bounces off to draw a celebratory picture.*

smellincoffee

I heard about NaNoWriMo here at AVEN five years ago when a friend of mine was doing it, and every year I've considered doing it. This year I did it. :D I have a 93-page word document as proof. It's one, long, unbroken chunk of text which is dialogue heavy. I feel a bit like I cheated because of all the talking, but next year I'll have an actual...plot. An adventure of some kind, with zany happenings and lush scenery.

But I DID IT. I wrote 50,000 words. :D

SketchedExistence

Woohoo! Joining the bandwagon of people who have written 50k! Just did it myself! OH YEAH! Take that NaNoWriMo!

A big congratulations to everyone who finished! Grace, I'm really, really glad to see that you didn't give up for long. I hope to write with you all next year. Or maybe Camp, for those who are up to the madness twice a year...

Thanks, Tenebre. I'm really glad I didn't quit either. But at least I have now experienced the ups and downs of doing NaNo, the emotional trauma of falling behind, the battle to catch up, and the sheer thrill of completing it. :D

congrats to all those here who did it ;)

Congrats everyone! Whether you wrote one word or 50K+ you accomplished something this month. You took on this crazy challenge and made it to the other side.

According to NaNo, out of the 300,000 people who signed up, only around 41,900 people actually reached 50k. That makes it feel like an even bigger achievement. :)

Archived