Gynandromorpho - Male to Female transexual

Androgynemorpho - Female to Male transsexual

Gyneneutromorpho - Female to neuter transexual

Androneutromorpho - Male to neuter transexual

Non-orientation etymological term

Non- The lack of interest

Pomo - Does not describe oneself with words with direction indicator

Demi - Sexual attraction under the conditions of emotional attraction

Ig - The stance of not being able to describe one's sexuality or sexual orientation with a word made to describe oneself unless the reference attraction point has been coherently defined

Sapio - Attraction to intelligence

Gray - Somewhere on not A as in orientation, or in other words, not completely lacking

Lith - The stance of not wanting the feeling or attraction expression being returned

Poly - Attraction to many sex/genders (Non-orientation because it is not specific)

Skolio - Attraction to non-binary identified people

Reference attraction point

Romantic - Attraction at a romantic level/romance

Sexual - Attraction at a sexual level/ sex

To understand this, you must understand that combination of these etymology can apply to biological sex for those who don't believe in gender and it can also apply to gender for those that do believe in gender. Also, here's some examples for you to use to figure out how to use this.

One example

Non- + sexual = Non-sexual = The lack of interest toward sex

Since non- is not a direction indicator, this means that it can apply to anyone from asexual to pansexual

Examples list

Tri + sexual = Trisexual = Attraction at a sexual level toward the opposite or the same or the mix members of sex and/or gender.

Cis + romantic = Cisromantic = Attraction at a romantic level toward individuals who identifies with their biological sex

Cis + sexual = Cissexual= Identifies with the biological sex

Gray + sexual = Not completely lacking attraction at a sexual level though certainly not a typical sexual

Inter + sexual = Attraction at a sexual level toward the mixed sex/gender members

Trisexual makes me smile, reminds me of the old days where someone would come up to you and say they were tri-sexual....Because they try anything!

Lithromantic people, where do they fit? The whole concept of lith does somewhat confuse me though, but just had to wave my little hand o.o

Else, good that you made a list :P

I added that to non-orientation. Changed gray to non-orientation as it does not describes direction of attraction.

I'll just add one more post, saying kudos for this topic.

Have some cake as reward ^___^ :cake: :cake: :cake:

I feel like we're missing something. Would poly not fit in somewhere?

Not all of them are official, but you got most of them right. "Intersexual", however, is not an orientation label; it indicates people who aren't binary sexed (i.e. their chromosomal asset is different from XX or XY, or they might be XX males/XY females). You can find more information here.

Thanks for this! I always have trouble with labels, it's all a bunch of stuff I have no idea what people are saying. I didn't know about intersexual and sapio!

Not all of them are official, but you got most of them right. "Intersexual", however, is not an orientation label; it indicates people who aren't binary sexed (i.e. their chromosomal asset is different from XX or XY, or they might be XX males/XY females). You can find more information here.

Thanks.

Then, how would I describe people who have sexual attraction to mixed genitalia?

Thanks.

Then, how would I describe people who have sexual attraction to mixed genitalia?

There's skoliosexual, but it refers to non-binary identified people, regardless of genitalia. Attractions in general refer to what genders you're attracted to, not what sexes. Or, you can just use "queer" as a catch-all term, even for sexuality.

Thanks.

There's skoliosexual, but it refers to non-binary identified people, regardless of genitalia. Attractions in general refer to what genders you're attracted to, not what sexes. Or, you can just use "queer" as a catch-all term, even for sexuality.

While I respect your belief regarding what attractions in general refer to, I just want to point out that there's no evidence to support that hypothesis. I am very well aware that there's no evidence to support my hypothesis that the majority don't really have a feeling of gender, but assert to identify as their bio-sex because it's convenient and it's easier. The reason why there's no evidence to support either hypothesis because the majority don't get the concept of gender or even have a slight idea of what it is.

As for the terms, they aren't straight-forward as I would like to be considering how much people it can fall under. I'm looking for terms that uses bio-sex as a reference point considering that there are lots of people who believes in non-binary sexes, but not gender.

WhenSummersGone

Does the word Andro mean attracted to the male gender or sex? I personally don't care how someone identifies but I'm attracted to how men look (aesthetically but not sexually).

Janus the Fox
Is...Is all this really necessary... :unsure:

If you're new and want to learn the different type of asexuals and how they identify using terminology... yup.

Janus the Fox

If you're new and want to learn the different type of asexuals and how they identify using terminology... yup.
But this is learning by associating labels, rather learning by actual feeling. It may not be helpful as identities, as a plus this terminology is already in place it didn't need to be reiterated as this is OP's opinion on terminology, there's differencing interpretations everywhere.

But this is learning by associating labels, rather learning by actual feeling. It may not be helpful as identities, as a plus this terminology is already in place it didn't need to be reiterated as this is OP's opinion on terminology, there's differencing interpretations everywhere.

Usually people use these "labels" to express how they feel to other people (instead of spilling out an essay), not trying to fit themselves into a label and abandoning themselves. By no means should we promote these labels as something to be something that defines their entire self.

And yes that I guess you are right there, but it would be nice to have one master post with all the terminologies (with definitions that what most people can agree with) in one place that is very visible where you wouldn't have to do too much digging.

WhenSummersGone

I'm just confused why labels such as Hetero or Homo mean gender, as you don't know how someone identifies unless you ask them. If it's based on looks then what would you use? Almost like attracted to masculinity or femininity?

Janus the Fox

Usually people use these "labels" to express how they feel to other people (instead of spilling out an essay), not trying to fit themselves into a label and abandoning themselves. By no means should we promote these labels as something to be something that defines their entire self.

And yes that I guess you are right there, but it would be nice to have one master post with all the terminologies (with definitions that what most people can agree with) in one place that is very visible where you wouldn't have to do too much digging.

Yes indeed, there is the,The Asexual FAQ, Grey-A and Demisexual FAQ and link thread, Romantic and Aromantic Lexicon and FAQ and The Gender Definition Master List I feel that any more definitions would be harder for others to take seriously. Those definitions have been agreed upon a time ago, I think all the bases are covered in terms of terminology but all this can or should be accessible on the front page :)

I think I'm Igromantic. Is that possible? I think that's possible... Does Ig- only apply to sexual, or can it be romantic? It's a lot more simple than that crap I've got... Plus, I think it makes more sense.

I apologize if I haven't answered this yet. The Ig- only implies you are of the position that any word that comes right after the ig is incoherent and/or needs to be defined and/or meaningless. The inspiration for the ig- comes from the ignostic philosophy. Theological noncognitivism is part of the ignosticism branch. Some igromantics would require you to define romance before they can answer whether they're a romantic while others would just asserts that it's meaningless essentially throwing the word out the window in a way. So, yes it's possible to a ig- [anything].

Archived