Asexual Bookshelf

Wallach IX

crazypimpernelfan

Pretty recently, I've read a book called "Understanding Asexuality" by Anthony F. Bogaert. It's a great book, and I recommend it to all who wish to know more about asexuality! :)

• 1 month later...

Eh, I'm not sure if anyone mentioned poetry here but there is a one. It's not an asexual poem per se but it's about person who is supposed to have been an ace and gender queer - Emilia Plater ( Emilija Plateryte). I mentioned her many times as discussing on famous aces.
Poem is here ( in Polish) :
http://wolnelektury.pl/katalog/lektura/smierc-pulkownika.html

and her story on Wiki:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emilia_Plater

• 4 weeks later...

Mind if I share a book a friend of mine wrote? I think this one might be of interest. ^_^

Perdition is told from the view point of Xavier, an incubus. Yep, he's a sex demon. And he's also a virgin and very much repulsed by anything sex related. :lol: I can't remember if he's actually asexual or not. I'm checking with the writer and I'll edit this when I find out. Author confirms he is asexual, and the repulsion isn't related to that.

There are some sexual references, and a homoromantic relationship.

It's a short story, but pretty cute and funny. <3

Also, while I was checking about Xavier's orientation and a couple of others I remember being mentioned as asexual, it turns out he has a LOT more asexual characters than that. He's really covered a lot of the spectrum, with varying attitudes towards sex and relationships.

• 1 month later...
Nico-Nico Friendo

An ebook on Kindle that contains some asexual characters (a romantic asexual couple: Erin and Nico). It is a short "horror" story that's kind of funny and quirky . . .

"Not My Baby"

https://www.amazon.com/-/de/gp/product/B00WAZJ9S2/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_hsch_vapi_taft_p1_i5

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

6r50yv.jpg

'Ace' is now available for pre-order.

Latest Goodreads reader review:

"a sensitive, thought-provoking and thoroughly credible exploration of the thoughts and experiences of the one gay asexual relationship explored between its sheets. Jake, the protagonist of this book, does not set out to be a spokesman or template for every asexual on the planet; he is one particular man and the book explores his relationship with Damian, his significant other, and what happens when their sexual appetite/non-appetite meets"

Jack Byrne

6r50yv.jpg

Excerpt from 'Ace':

Jake sat up. “I was fine.”

“No, you were not fine. You were coping. You were coping with me doing that. Like someone copes with—” Damien sat up too, but he broke off and looked away.

There was a long silence, then Jake whispered, “I’m sorry.”

“Don’t be.”

“It was my fault.”

“Nothing’s your fault!” exploded Damien. “Don’t you see that?”

“I’m not sure I know what you mean.” Jake’s voice sounded flat and worried even to him.

Damien closed his eyes. “Oh Jesus, Jake, I must be a nightmare for you to deal with.”

“Only because—”

Damien turned to take Jake in his arms and hug him, stroking his hair. “Only because what?”

“Only because you matter.”

Damien sighed.

Jake said, “Only because you noticed.”

Damien looked at him. “You need a safe word.”

“I need what?”

“You need a safe word. Something you can say if it’s not okay, what I’m doing, you know?”

“We’re not doing anything that bad.”

“Oh? And tell me, how do you feel right now? Relieved?”

“Er, yeah, but—”

“Right. Relieved because I stopped. Which meant that you were uncomfortable about where it was going. Come on, Jake. Think of a safe word.”

“No. I can’t.”

“Why not?”

"Because I'd use it every time, before we started."

(Pre-order here.)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived