#AsexualProblems

AltairNox

Going to buy a new bed - gets a double bed - family/friends making weird comments…

#asexualproblems

• Like 5
Osiyo_Waya

When you realize that an allergy to cats would be more of a hinderance to dating than being ace / aro. 🙃

• Like 5

When you research the hell out of sex so you can give advice to your allo friends - but end up more confused… #asexualproblems

• Like 4
Janus the Fox
17 hours ago, Blueskiesx said:

When you explain asexuality to someone and they suggest therapy

Me in college, after a class on sexuality, the tutor pulled me out and talked about discussing this with college therapy.  It’s from the ‘what sexualities are out there’ type of question.  But that was over ten years ago.

• Like 3
usernotfound
1 hour ago, Janus the Fox said:

Me in college, after a class on sexuality, the tutor pulled me out and talked about discussing this with college therapy.  It’s from the ‘what sexualities are out there’ type of question.  But that was over ten years ago.

I think a lot of people don't realise how hurtful it can be to to some, I personally just dropped it cuz it's a waste of energy. My city doesn't have sexuality ED they haven't reached that point yet sadly.

On 3/17/2022 at 7:04 PM, Clowel said:

A coworker dragged me to the company Christmas party once. I bumped into someone I hadn't met before. First words out their mouth: "where's your husband?"

Apparently, "non-existant " is not the right answer. 

It’s also not the right answer to “where’s your boyfriend?” unfortunately. But ”I don’t see anyone that way” was definitely the right answer when my parents warned me about doing the deed if I ever got a boyfriend :)

On 3/20/2022 at 5:27 PM, creek_ said:

I want to be in such a deep loving relationship but know I will never feel that way for another person. It gets annoying and lonely lol. 

On the one hand: being able to simply want platonic love, without having to explain QPR stuff to people, is something I wish I had. My poor squish is probably so confused. On the other: I can see how it would be hard to want a romantic relationship but not feel that kind of attraction.

Best of luck!! Maybe try asking for a QPR with someone if that’s what you want.

• Like 1
On 4/13/2022 at 10:49 AM, Blue eyes white dragon said:

I hate physical arousal reactions, it's annoying and makes me question every single time. I remind myself that just because it happens and sometimes can feel nice, it's just a physical response and nothing more. Also it can be awkward having extra body things while cuddling

This. This has started happening with my squish and it’s ridiculously annoying, even though I know the arousal has nothing to do with him and everything to do with the fact that I experience various forms of attraction to voices (not the people). I understand the frustration—why can’t we just cuddle in peace?

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
Elizabeth Bennet
On 5/2/2022 at 11:58 PM, DemonicEnby said:

Or well, they told me if I got it that I would be charged with murder for eating my spouse. 

No corpse, no crime, baby.

• Like 1
Hermit Advocate
On 5/31/2022 at 11:44 AM, plund3r said:

No corpse, no crime, baby.

Technically, you can be charged with murder without a corpse. It is just much more difficult to prove a crime has been committed without one. 

• Like 2
Lord Revan

When you forget that people actually have sex.

• Like 3
simpleminded90

affording the air and travel costs to meet the next nearest asexual

• Like 5
TheSmolFoxWeeb

When you feel out of the loop the minute your friends start talking about relationships

• Like 2

When you you acutely realize that your adorable nibling exists because your sibling had sex. And then soon decide not to think about it.

SpaceDustbin
On 6/4/2022 at 2:22 PM, Lord Revan said:

When you forget that people actually have sex.

My downstairs neighbours unfortunately make that impossible 🥶 (it's all fine and dandy, but not that loud, and not at 1 am) 

• Like 1

Being terrified of kissing someone, because you are afraid that they will think it leads to sex… #Asexualproblems

• Like 2

Or choosing not to go to a bar, because you feel to uncomfortable with all the flirting and touching… #Asexualproblems

On 5/14/2022 at 8:33 PM, Blueskiesx said:

When you explain asexuality to someone and they suggest therapy 

#asexualproplems

Had a friend suggest I go to France and hook up with some French girls because that'd surely make me forget about asexuality... All I could come up with was "it doesn't work that way". 

• Like 3
DemonicEnby
On 6/12/2022 at 5:10 PM, GreyWizard said:

Had a friend suggest I go to France and hook up with some French girls because that'd surely make me forget about asexuality... All I could come up with was "it doesn't work that way". 

It's always fun to turn that around. Especially when you know of their orientation - like if it is a hetero oriented person, "Well, just go to (insert known gay establishment here) to make you forget about men/women whatever." Or the other way around, really. Either people then notice such an advice is dumb or stop bothering you.

• Like 1
Real Estate RICO

Dare I say it: realizing that by being 5'4" and Apothisexual, you essentially make a good number of women rethink the whole "destroying gender roles" thing

Hermit Advocate

When you know what the term DP means but your mothers doesn't so you embarrassingly have to explain to her why she shouldn't use that term. 

On 6/15/2022 at 10:05 AM, DemonicEnby said:

It's always fun to turn that around. Especially when you know of their orientation - like if it is a hetero oriented person, "Well, just go to (insert known gay establishment here) to make you forget about men/women whatever." Or the other way around, really. Either people then notice such an advice is dumb or stop bothering you.

I do that sometimes, but in this case I wasn't sure of their orientation cause this was the first time to discuss and honestly, after that "the woman (me) was too stunned to speak" 🤣

• Like 1
On 6/19/2022 at 2:45 PM, Hermit Advocate said:

When you know what the term DP means but your mothers doesn't so you embarrassingly have to explain to her why she shouldn't use that term. 

I’m drawing a blank on it.

Janus the Fox
2 hours ago, Bio 7 said:
On 6/19/2022 at 2:45 PM, Hermit Advocate said:

Its.. not to do about a type of intimate picture...? only thing comes to mind.

Trans Aroace Girl
On 6/20/2022 at 12:18 PM, Bio 7 said:

The only thing I can think of is Danny Phantom, but I'm guessing in this case that's not it.

• Like 1
On 6/20/2022 at 7:41 PM, Janus the Fox said:

Its.. not to do about a type of intimate picture...? only thing comes to mind.

Ah I just did not connect that to the initials.

I’m bi and ace and I don’t know where to side in the bi-ace war

• Like 1
Auri-Fela-Mola-Davi

When the interesting books you pick out have sex scenes. *skip 3 pages.  2 chapters later  *skip 5 pages  read one page. Dang it, they are back to having sex *skip another 6 pages.

It's extraordinarily annoying. And of course, the rest of the book is still good enough that you aren't willing to just stop reading it, so instead you just end up skipping a large percentage of the book. Just why do authors feel a need to just add sex scenes? And then repeat them? (At least some authors just skip them... But unfortunately it seems like most authors feel it is a requirement to have at least 1 sex scene per book... It is really, really, annoying...)

• Like 1
SpaceDustbin
14 hours ago, Lord Revan said:

I’m bi and ace and I don’t know where to side in the bi-ace war

Nowhere, because there is none (or not that I've noticed in the past 10 years). Unless it's of your own making :lol:

• Like 1