#AsexualProblems

nerdperson777
On 9/6/2019 at 5:24 PM, DragonSpirit said:

More like "aromantic problems:"

Whenever I am friends with boys at school, all my friends ship us. Very loudly. Ugh

Very frustrated every time a perfectly good boy-girl friendship in a book is ruined when the author decides to makes it romantic for no reason. Apparently there is no such thing as a non-romantic, non-sexual relationship betweem a female and male unless one is younger than 12, because it happens every. Single. Dang. Time.

Me in elementary school.  I was friends with a guy.  Everyone, including my best friend, made fun of us.  It was not fun.

6 hours ago, starweb said:

There is no cure for diabetes. It is possible to bring the symptoms of Type 2 diabetes under control with a healthy lifestyle but that is not a reversal and it is not a cure. So far I have had no complications, and my AIC levels are very good, because of my lifestyle, (I do the keto diet)  but the minute I eat junk and stop exercising, the AIC levels will go up and I will more than likely develop complications. It will come back. I am under no delusion that my diabetes is 'cured'. It is under control. 

Well it definitely is unheard of.  I look at the data, as it's my job, and the A1c levels for those select few do fall under the 5.7%.  They no longer need an insulin pump and have way less medications, as that is the vision of the company.  It's okay if you don't believe it to exist.  I know it's new.

On 9/20/2013 at 5:29 PM, RoL34 said:

Worrying about what tossed salad can also mean #asexualproblems

Hahahaha!

• Like 1
On 9/21/2013 at 1:07 AM, Timothy P. said:

lol I'm so asexual I don't even get this. WTH is a tossed salad? and I'm afraid of googling it lol

Don't doooo it lol

• Like 5
6 hours ago, nerdperson777 said:

Me in elementary school.  I was friends with a guy.  Everyone, including my best friend, made fun of us.  It was not fun.

Well it definitely is unheard of.  I look at the data, as it's my job, and the A1c levels for those select few do fall under the 5.7%.  They no longer need an insulin pump and have way less medications, as that is the vision of the company.  It's okay if you don't believe it to exist.  I know it's new.

My dad has been trying to find a way to reverse his diabetes  and is also working to reverse it so I think it can be done. Just a shame it isn’t a simple one time injection but at least it’s possible.

T2 diabetes can, but not always be controlled by diet and lifestyle changes. I know of people who have required no medication for years, and others, like me who do. 

17 hours ago, nerdperson777 said:

People might think it’s funny to tease different gendered friends, but they don’t realize that it sometimes makes the friendship awkward and almost bothersome by doing it. How can you just have fun when other people scrutinize and make fun of all your interactions? 😑

• Like 6
9 hours ago, Laplace said:

People might think it’s funny to tease different gendered friends, but they don’t realize that it sometimes makes the friendship awkward and almost bothersome by doing it. How can you just have fun when other people scrutinize and make fun of all your interactions? 😑

I think it's also a matter of perspective. Allo people might don't see that kind of teasing pointless and bothersome? Maybe the allo person teased that way could feel a bit excited about it, even if they actually didn't have crush on you

(the same way the same endlessly told sexual jokes related to some (many) words tend to be hysteric to allos, no matter how predictable)? I mean, they like you so at least they don't hate you and get along with you? Maybe instead of "never gonna happen" reaction allo friend could get something like "maybe in another universe" reaction?

Well, this is just aroace speculation :D 

20 hours ago, Laplace said:

tbh the few friends i do have are either female, lgbtq+, or both and my group is accepting and tolerant so i can't really relate, but once there were rumors circulating at school saying i was dating a classmate with whom i walked to the bus every day

Most I've had to deal with was people assuming that me and one of my female friends were siblings simply because we looked alike.  Though, tbf, my circles of friends never really talked about dating or anything like that, so

On 9/7/2019 at 9:16 PM, nerdperson777 said:

I know there have been some experiments with transplanting cells into the pancreas, but like you said, its very new.  

Do you ever just... find this really pretty song that you can't stop listening to... and the lyrics make it just another trashy love song, but you're so focused on how amazing the instrumental work is that you don't even notice how cliché the lyrics are until after three or four listens?

This sums up about 95% of my playlist, tbh. I never pay attention to the lyrics because it feels like the message of every song is the same. :')

• Like 8
32 minutes ago, Barbio said:

Do you ever just... find this really pretty song that you can't stop listening to... and the lyrics make it just another trashy love song, but you're so focused on how amazing the instrumental work is that you don't even notice how cliché the lyrics are until after three or four listens?

This sums up about 95% of my playlist, tbh. I never pay attention to the lyrics because it feels like the message of every song is the same. :')

Lol I'm notorious for listening to songs and not even hearing the lyrics lol

• Like 3
21 hours ago, Pheedre said:

Same. I have one song on my playlist where if you listen to the lyrics, the song is basically saying that everybody will eventually fall in love and that you're totally lying if you say you don't want a relationship... but it's such a good song that I just ignore the lyrics, haha. (And I simultaneously want to punch the singer in the face).

• Like 3

We had a lesson similar to “circle time” and we were talking about sexualities and sex and I wanted to scream when someone said “well if you want to stay with a partner they have to be good in bed. You have to feel sexuality attracted to them somehow if you want it to work”. I swear to god I nearly walked out the door (I’m only out to a few friends) and I couldn’t bring myself to say anything so I just stared at the floor the whole time feeling very uncomfortable.

• Like 9
6 hours ago, Gingerpud said:

We had a lesson similar to “circle time” and we were talking about sexualities and sex and I wanted to scream when someone said “well if you want to stay with a partner they have to be good in bed. You have to feel sexuality attracted to them somehow if you want it to work”. I swear to god I nearly walked out the door (I’m only out to a few friends) and I couldn’t bring myself to say anything so I just stared at the floor the whole time feeling very uncomfortable.

Ergghfhhfhfaaackk!

Similarly, my friend told me that her Child Development teacher kept "going off-script" and saying that plentiful sex is normal in a relationship, which resulted in a few embarrassed students, to say the least lol.

Somwhat unrelated, but for some reason that class is between 95 and 100 percent female/feminine-presenting people, depending on the section. A male friend of mine said he was the only one in a class of 20, which to me just says that we are nowhere even remotely near equal gender expectations, at least here in the Midwest😑

On 9/10/2019 at 8:06 PM, Pheedre said:

Yea once I really listened to Rap God, like really listened, I was a bit concerned that I had been playing it so freely, oops.

53 minutes ago, twetzel59 said:

Yea once I really listened to Rap God, like really listened, I was a bit concerned that I had been playing it so freely, oops.

Oh! Hahaha 😛

On 9/8/2019 at 11:38 AM, Laplace said:

Well, in PE, he would take my hand during laps, spin me around, and launch me forward so I'd go super fast.  I guess classmates were going "OMG they're holding hands!"

On 9/10/2019 at 1:49 PM, starweb said:

I know there have been some experiments with transplanting cells into the pancreas, but like you said, its very new.  

My work advertises weight loss (with a specialty in diabetes) without bariatic surgery.  It's all diet and exercise, and a minimum amount of medication.  I don't tend to want to link my personal internet activities with work, but people can watch a short video here.  I tried to find articles but I couldn't find the one I read a year or so ago.

• Like 1

When i told parents i wasn't interested in being in a relationship: "Keep an open mind", "Might be interested later", etc.

When i came out as ace to them:

(see above) "You don't have to put any labels on yourself yet" "Well people on the [autism] spectrum can find social situations harder" 

My thoughts: seriously are you kidding me

BONUS- having no clue why everyone in the 5th grade was laughing at me for not knowing what having sex was when watching HIV/AIDS prevention video...

#AsexualProblems

(my first post)

Edited by randomality
  • Like 6
4 hours ago, A.J14 said:

Me when I analyze my feelings every time I see someone aesthetically pleasing

bcf.png?w=680&ssl=1

#AsexualProblems

I love that meme! Me trying to figure out where my paycheck went! Also, sidebar, does anyone know what type of math the third picture is? The first, second, and last look like geometry, but I don’t know what the function dx / cos^2x stuff is. Just curious!

15 hours ago, i.r3beka said:

I love that meme! Me trying to figure out where my paycheck went! Also, sidebar, does anyone know what type of math the third picture is? The first, second, and last look like geometry, but I don’t know what the function dx / cos^2x stuff is. Just curious!

Integrals.  It's in calculus.  It's considered college level math, if you ever come across it.  I never really paid attention to what the formulas were until now.

1. Area and circumference of a circle

2. Volume of a cone and a cylinder

3. (left) 30-60-90 triangles and their length ratios

(right) Integrals of some common trigonometric functions

4. (left) Graph of a tangent function in radians

(right) Solving the quadratic formula for x

• Like 3
6 hours ago, nerdperson777 said:

Integrals.  It's in calculus.  It's considered college level math, if you ever come across it.  I never really paid attention to what the formulas were until now.

1. Area and circumference of a circle

2. Volume of a cone and a cylinder

3. (left) 30-60-90 triangles and their length ratios

(right) Integrals of some common trigonometric functions

4. (left) Graph of a tangent function in radians

(right) Solving the quadratic formula for x

Ah! Thank you! Nope, never taken calculus. I’ve completed my English I, English II {they called it writing comp but same thing}, my sciences {Bio and that earth space science class, don’t remember what it was called}, Psych, Ab Psych, Ethics, Personality theory, and a few others. I’m not proud of it, but I’ve been an on again off again student. My relationship with school is tumultuous, since I can’t seem to get all my ish together. Never made it to math though. Now I’m scared.

6 hours ago, i.r3beka said:

Ah! Thank you! Nope, never taken calculus. I’ve completed my English I, English II {they called it writing comp but same thing}, my sciences {Bio and that earth space science class, don’t remember what it was called}, Psych, Ab Psych, Ethics, Personality theory, and a few others. I’m not proud of it, but I’ve been an on again off again student. My relationship with school is tumultuous, since I can’t seem to get all my ish together. Never made it to math though. Now I’m scared.

Well, it's okay.  Not all jobs require math.  I know so many people that don't want to take anymore than their bare minimum of math and say that they don't have to deal with it ever again after their required classes.  Depending on your major, you may only need a single calculus class or none at all.  When I was in engineering, I only required the first level of chemistry.  It was the easiest class I took in college ever.  But then I switched to math so I no longer needed it anymore.  If I didn't choose math, I would've chosen chemistry, as I was really good at it.  I never struggled in chemistry, but I would have to try organic chemistry, where I hear a bunch of horror stories.

Having a libido, but not feeling sexual attraction. #Asexualproblems.

• Like 5
On 9/13/2019 at 12:59 AM, randomality said:

having no clue why everyone in the 5th grade was laughing at me for not knowing what having sex was when watching HIV/AIDS prevention video...

Er... so that's age 10 or 11 right? You got taught that at that age? I could swear I was more like 13 by the time we were taught about that stuff. And they spent so long talking about STI prevention without ever explaining what contraceptives were actually for - they just assumed we'd all heard that sex could be for fun and not just for making babies... Well I certainly hadn't.

• Like 6
7 hours ago, ElasticPlanet said:

they just assumed we'd all heard that sex could be for fun and not just for making babies... Well I certainly hadn't.

This should be part of sex Ed together with a focus on consent. That sex is something you do because you want it and not because it is expected from you to have it and if you don't want to have sex for whatever reason it is your right to not have sex and that is nothing to be ashamed of.

• Like 3
On 9/14/2019 at 5:47 AM, nerdperson777 said:

Well, it's okay.  Not all jobs require math.  I know so many people that don't want to take anymore than their bare minimum of math and say that they don't have to deal with it ever again after their required classes.  Depending on your major, you may only need a single calculus class or none at all.  When I was in engineering, I only required the first level of chemistry.  It was the easiest class I took in college ever.  But then I switched to math so I no longer needed it anymore.  If I didn't choose math, I would've chosen chemistry, as I was really good at it.  I never struggled in chemistry, but I would have to try organic chemistry, where I hear a bunch of horror stories.

You must be a genius then, because chemistry stopped being easy for me when it started to involve math. I tried taking it in high school but dropped it. I love the idea of chemistry, of knowing what molecules mix with that to give you what, of being able to divine the properties of something given it’s chemical composition or structure {ex. I’ve heard tungsten carbide is the way it is because of its octagonal structure, I think}. But then the math killed it for me. I was ok with the balancing equations part, but when it got to things like “you have X grams of Y that has a molar mass of X and blah blah blah” my head exploded. I followed what I thought were the steps but I was always wrong 🤷🏻‍♀️.

unfortunately for me, I wanted to go into psychology, but the statistics killed me there too. It took me forever to get the standard deviation, and things got worse from there. I just can’t understand math. I just can’t, it is a physical impossibility that make my head hurt. Trying to understand math for me feels like I’ve been dropped on an island with nothing but a bunch toothpicks, and the “how to build a raft with toothpicks” manual is in Mandarin.