#AsexualProblems

Valentines Day came and went and I got nothing...and I am perfectly ok with that. :)  Can't eat candy (diabetic) and I already have way too many stuffed animals. The cats would try and eat flowers. 

He threatened to get me a Llama or a Sloth mug though...  He still might.

• Like 1
abandoned-account
38 minutes ago, StomachGod said:

I have a similar issue with my brother. He and his wife will just randomly start kissing, slurping and whatever the f*** else. They have no regard for others and actually do it more if they recieve complaints... basically coz they think that's funny (and gets them attention)...

Ugh.

Funnily enough, my brother and his wife never do that. They’ve always been much more respectful and mature than our parents (at least what I’ve seen of them).

WoodwindWhistler
On 2/8/2019 at 1:18 AM, i.r3beka said:

@nerdperson777

First of all, having kids isn’t leaving a legacy. Reproduction is a biological process. It doesn’t require any talent, intelligence, physical strength or bravery. So you shouldn’t ascribe value to things that don’t require any kid of merit.

I could argue this both ways. On the one hand, it's convenient to say to your parents, "OK, what is the name of your great-great-grandfather and what was he like?"

That easily shuts down the badgering, hopefully. 

However, if you really wanted to get into it, your mannerisms, your way of looking at the world, etc, all have the potential of being passed on through your kids. There's a reason people reference "my momma used to say" frequently. 

And again on the other hand, a teacher of any stripe has their fingerprints all over the formative years of thousands of students over their lifetime. I would definitely say that they leave more of a legacy than average Joe Schmoe. Which, you can't expect EVERYONE to be a Madame Curie or an Einstein, so let them have their kids and hold the opinion that's the way most people leave a legacy . . . it's a shame they can't leave it at that and universalize it, but hey, they're not Einstein, remember. :P

• Like 1
On 2/13/2019 at 2:12 AM, AmorphousBlob said:

On valentines day, my school is giving every girl a heart necklace and the girls hafta give em to a guy when the guy complements em. Whoever has the most at the end of the day gets a prize. I'm boycotting the whole thing.

After this horror story, I thought I'd share something nice that happened at my school on Valentine's day. The two school captains made over 100 paper hearts and stuck them on everyone's locker in our year level, saying cute things like "we love you" and "have a great day" and "xoxo". That's the Valentine's day stuff I like to see.

And cheap chocolate 😋

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, Kelthepurplequeen said:

When people assume you’re gay.

when you resort to just telling people you’re gay because they never understand being ace

• Like 3
Kelthepurplequeen
Just now, sunflxwer said:

when you resort to just telling people you’re gay because they never understand being ace

I have a boyfriend tho. I can’t be gay.

Just now, Kelthepurplequeen said:

I have a boyfriend tho. I can’t be gay.

i was trying to branch off of what you and relate it to me haha. that is a predicament, though

Kelthepurplequeen
1 minute ago, sunflxwer said:

i was trying to branch off of what you and relate it to me haha. that is a predicament, though

And then they’re like “what does ace mean” and then say I’m not normal for hating sex.

There’s no such thing as normal.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Kelthepurplequeen said:

And then they’re like “what does ace mean” and then say I’m not normal for hating sex.

There’s no such thing as normal.

Normal and weird are objective terms.They depend entirely on your opinion and your perspective of the world.For instance,if you live in the north then you see snow as normal,but if you brought snow to someone who lives somewhere it doesn't snow then snow would be alien and weird to them.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Agentr9154 said:

Normal and weird are objective terms.They depend entirely on your opinion and your perspective of the world.For instance,if you live in the north then you see snow as normal,but if you brought snow to someone who lives somewhere it doesn't snow then snow would be alien and weird to them.

Hoth to Tatooine.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Agentr9154 said:

THIS! Thank you!

I am so sick of my family “jokingly,” and “endereeingly” calling me “weird, odd, strange,” etc. So glad I moved out young for this very reason. I’d say things like “dad, you shouldn’t wipe the counters with the same sponge you JUST USED to wipe the floor.” Or my dad would get mad at me for “wasting,” paper towels by opening the doors with them. When he asked why, I told him

Spoiler for long rant, TW because it’s bleh and uncomfortable 

Spoiler

because I saw him just go to the restroom without washing his hands {the water in that house was loud}. You know what I was told? That it doesn’t matter because he “didn’t piss on his hands,” and “thinking you need to wash your hands after the bathroom must be a girl thing, because guys don’t piss on our hands, do you?” I ended up storming out of the house because I didn’t have the chutzpah to say ‘maybe not but you just handled your nether regions,’.  

Stuff like that got me called “weird, odd, very strange, such a germaphobe,” growing up.

But really, weird depends on your opinion and how you perceive things, and the difference between “weird” and “not weird,” isn’t always an objective difference between good and bad. 

A minimalist is “weird” to a hoarder.  In this instance, the minimalist is better than the person with mounds of trash in their house {better as in healthier, living a more organized lifestyle}. However, as I said, this difference isn’t always a matter of “good, better,” and “bad, worse.” I think fish is disgusting, and I think it tastes weird. But that doesn’t mean I’m better than people that like fish, and it doesn’t mean people that like fish are “weird,” it just means that I don’t get pleasure from something they enjoy. 🤷🏻‍♀️ Simple as.

@i.r3beka The sponge and the bathroom stories make me want to scream.  I sincerely hope all males aren't that dirty.  Not washing your hands after using the bathroom and thinking that's okay is the reason why people come down with some of the most disgusting illnesses.  I suppose he doesn't sh*t on his hands either, so he doesn't have to wash them?  E.coli anyone?  😷😷😷

• Like 3
43 minutes ago, i.r3beka said:

“dad, you shouldn’t wipe the counters with the same sponge you JUST USED to wipe the floor.”

OH MY GOD NO THAT'S DISGUSTING EWWWWWWWWWW

• Like 3

Yeah.The closest my mom comes to that is using the same cloth she used to wipe the counters as the back of the faucet and the fridge doors.

2 minutes ago, Agentr9154 said:

Yeah.The closest my mom comes to that is using the same cloth she used to wipe the counters as the back of the faucet and the fridge doors.

That's not nearly as bad

When you mention to your mother how much you enjoyed your Valentine's Day (bought myself cake and this really cool tri-colored rose; the cake was EXCELLENT! The European bakery I went to called it a tranche parisienne - think a napoleon, but with sliced, glazed strawberries and whipped cream on top 🤤), and all your mother does is talk about what it would be like when you "meet" someone one day. 

Gag me with a spoon. 

#AsexualProblems

2 hours ago, i.r3beka said:

THIS! Thank you!

I am so sick of my family “jokingly,” and “endereeingly” calling me “weird, odd, strange,” etc. So glad I moved out young for this very reason. I’d say things like “dad, you shouldn’t wipe the counters with the same sponge you JUST USED to wipe the floor.” Or my dad would get mad at me for “wasting,” paper towels by opening the doors with them. When he asked why, I told him

Spoiler for long rant, TW because it’s bleh and uncomfortable 

Reveal hidden contents

because I saw him just go to the restroom without washing his hands {the water in that house was loud}. You know what I was told? That it doesn’t matter because he “didn’t piss on his hands,” and “thinking you need to wash your hands after the bathroom must be a girl thing, because guys don’t piss on our hands, do you?” I ended up storming out of the house because I didn’t have the chutzpah to say ‘maybe not but you just handled your nether regions,’.  

Stuff like that got me called “weird, odd, very strange, such a germaphobe,” growing up.

But really, weird depends on your opinion and how you perceive things, and the difference between “weird” and “not weird,” isn’t always an objective difference between good and bad. 

A minimalist is “weird” to a hoarder.  In this instance, the minimalist is better than the person with mounds of trash in their house {better as in healthier, living a more organized lifestyle}. However, as I said, this difference isn’t always a matter of “good, better,” and “bad, worse.” I think fish is disgusting, and I think it tastes weird. But that doesn’t mean I’m better than people that like fish, and it doesn’t mean people that like fish are “weird,” it just means that I don’t get pleasure from something they enjoy. 🤷🏻‍♀️ Simple as.

EW! EW! EW! EW! EW!
I am glad you got out of that germ factory... I feel sick just READING that... 
EEEWWWWWWWWWWW!!!

The bathroom incident does seem fairly consistent with my observations of males... I'm glad my family have cleaner habits (relatively speaking)

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Just Dani said:

When you mention to your mother how much you enjoyed your Valentine's Day (bought myself cake and this really cool tri-colored rose; the cake was EXCELLENT! The European bakery I went to called it a tranche parisienne - think a napoleon, but with sliced, glazed strawberries and whipped cream on top 🤤), and all your mother does is talk about what it would be like when you "meet" someone one day. 

Gag me with a spoon. 

#AsexualProblems

Ouch!
I enjoyed my friendship day talking with internet friends and drawing stuff.
Successfully avoided all those terrible things like mentions of significant others...
Unfortunately there was no cake though... I hope you enjoyed yours!

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, StomachGod said:

Ouch!
I enjoyed my friendship day talking with internet friends and drawing stuff.
Successfully avoided all those terrible things like mentions of significant others...
Unfortunately there was no cake though... I hope you enjoyed yours!

Oh, I did! :D 

I almost went with some chocolate covered strawberries, but this piece of cake was looking up at me from behind the display case saying "Eat Me". And like Alice in Alice in Wonderland, I complied. I couldn't just leave that cake behind and ignore it, now could I? 😁 That would be rude! 😙

It sounds like you had a great Friendship Day. I like to call it "Treat Yourself Day". 😀

Regarding my mother, she's pretty clueless, so this is normal, unfortunately. No matter how many times I try to explain asexuality to her, she just doesn't get it. 😑

On the male hygiene front, it’s just embarrassing how many guys are just extremely unsanitary. I refuse to share a bathroom with guys who aren’t family members or friends after surviving college. Freshman year was just a ****ing nightmare. Toilets weren’t flushed, there was barf in the sinks, and I designated a particular shower as a biohazard ☣️ I’d never use again cause I’m pretty sure my roommate was screwing his GF there (I had the terrible misfortune of deciding to shower when I noticed his shower basket and two pairs of legs in one of the stalls 😐🔫). Though, I’ve heard from female classmates that girls aren’t exactly pristine either. I may not be amazing at cleaning, but I take hygiene seriously and it bothers me when people just willingly decide to become walking disease vectors 😠/🔪🦠.

• Like 6
2 minutes ago, Laplace said:

On the male hygiene front, it’s just embarrassing how many guys are just extremely unsanitary. I refuse to share a bathroom with guys who aren’t family members or friends after surviving college. Freshman year was just a ****ing nightmare. Toilets weren’t flushed, there was barf in the sinks, and I designated a particular shower as a biohazard ☣️ I’d never use again cause I’m pretty sure my roommate was screwing his GF there (I had the terrible misfortune of deciding to shower when I noticed his shower basket and two pairs of legs in one of the stalls 😐🔫). Though, I’ve heard from female classmates that girls aren’t exactly pristine either. I may not be amazing at cleaning, but I take hygiene seriously and it bothers me when people just willingly decide to become walking disease vectors 😠/🔪🦠.

Set it all on fire...

• Like 5

@StomachGod @Miss Who

THANK YOU GUYS!! Thank you SO MUCH! Glad I’m not the only one! Growing up listening to my dad talk, you’d think I had a mental illness or whatever, for being “too ocd.”

Honestly, it makes me afraid of guys. Not trying to be sexist, it just makes me worry if all guys are like that. My mom is very clean. Growing up the three of us cleaned the house regularly. I think it might be a guy thing. I really really hope not 

8 minutes ago, i.r3beka said:

@StomachGod @Miss Who

THANK YOU GUYS!! Thank you SO MUCH! Glad I’m not the only one! Growing up listening to my dad talk, you’d think I had a mental illness or whatever, for being “too ocd.”

Honestly, it makes me afraid of guys. Not trying to be sexist, it just makes me worry if all guys are like that. My mom is very clean. Growing up the three of us cleaned the house regularly. I think it might be a guy thing. I really really hope not 

Given I have one clean-freak brother, I am going to say no, not all guys. But certainly outside of my own family, all the guys I have met seem to lack any sense of hygiene... at all... So your fear is sadly understandable and warranted... 

My dad is actually pretty clean... except for the part about not washing his hands after using the bathroom. My mom used to yell at him all of the time to go back and wash his hands. My brother and I always used to make jokes about it, yet we never wanted to eat out of a bag that our dad had just put his hand in...

Needless to say, my brother and I are obsessive about washing our own hands after using the bathroom. Just seems like common sense to me. 🙂

4 hours ago, Just Dani said:

Oh, I did! :D 

I almost went with some chocolate covered strawberries, but this piece of cake was looking up at me from behind the display case saying "Eat Me". And like Alice in Alice in Wonderland, I complied. I couldn't just leave that cake behind and ignore it, now could I? 😁 That would be rude! 😙

It sounds like you had a great Friendship Day. I like to call it "Treat Yourself Day". 😀

Regarding my mother, she's pretty clueless, so this is normal, unfortunately. No matter how many times I try to explain asexuality to her, she just doesn't get it. 😑

There is such a thing as both. A strange concept, but one I take seriously.

That sounds like a good day to me.

3 hours ago, StomachGod said:

Set it all on fire...

This is the only rational response. These people are worse than zoo animals, I’d rather share a bathroom with a lovely Rhino.

• Like 3
35 minutes ago, Bio 7 said:

This is the only rational response. These people are worse than zoo animals, I’d rather share a bathroom with a lovely Rhino.

At least rhinos are beautiful to behold.

Off topic, but a conversation starter I’ve heard was “which animal would you most want as a pet if it was shrunk to the size of a cat?” I said a rhino haha.

That’s another thing thought that I think will make finding a relationship hard. I don’t want to be around someone that doesn’t wash their hands regularly