#AsexualProblems

Neutral nerd
2 hours ago, nerdperson777 said:

My goal to friendzone in that visual novel(?) isn't working out. The setting is in a high school and my character got asked out to homecoming. My only choices are to accept or "I was planning to ask someone else." If I accept now, I can just get it over with. If I reject, is this thing going to make me choose later? At least no one is super judgy about who's attracted to who. My character is a guy who got asked out by a guy. But some of the guys give nne toxic masculine vibes. My character is a guy who got asked out by a guy. Someone help me choose plz.

Maybe save, if it makes you choose reset to that guy?

nerdperson777
1 hour ago, Ruination said:

Does your character always tells the truth? Is this guy the best you’re gonna get? If either is yes, take the date, otherwise keep exploring!

Well, I try to be the friendliest character there can be.  A guy was asking if I was with the girl I was hanging out with and if he could ask her out.  I had the choice of saying that they would be perfect together, she's interested in some football guy, and one other one I forgot.  I told the truth that she was into the football guy.  But then later the school's mascot statue got defaced and it was a girl at the school who was threatened by the rival school.  The rival said that she had to do it or her best friend gets it.  When I confronted the girl she said not to tell anyone so I kept the secret so that the students at the school wouldn't look down at her for it.  So I guess I try to be the best person I can be, being friends with all of them, trying to friendzone them all and not date anyone.  Apparently that's not an option.

nerdperson777
Just now, Neutral nerd said:

Maybe save, if it makes you choose reset to that guy?

Just saw it after I posted.  The save points are by each chapter, which then I don't know which chapter actually has the homecoming event so resetting could be hard.  Unless I decided to restart the whole story, that would be a whole another thing.

a minor triad

I just got the "How do you know relationships aren't your thing if you've never been in one?" for the first time. And honestly, I am surprised by how peeved I am about the whole experience. I usually don't let things like that bother me, but the more I think about it, the more annoyed I get.

• Like 2
nerdperson777
10 minutes ago, a minor triad said:

I just got the "How do you know relationships aren't your thing if you've never been in one?" for the first time. And honestly, I am surprised by how peeved I am about the whole experience. I usually don't let things like that bother me, but the more I think about it, the more annoyed I get.

We all need to carry cacti with us now, just in case.

• Like 9
a minor triad
1 minute ago, nerdperson777 said:

We all need to carry cacti with us now, just in case.

What are the cacti for, exactly? :lol:

nerdperson777
Just now, a minor triad said:

What are the cacti for, exactly? :lol:

It's a reoccurring conversation about "how do you know you don't like it if you haven't tried it?"  The comeback is "you've never sat on a cactus before, how do you know you don't like it?"  I saved screenshots of it from when I shared it with a friend but I censored the names here:

uyfCdMc.png

It shouldn't be hard to figure out who is who if you really wanted to find out who said what.

• Like 11
a minor triad

@nerdperson777, you know, I think I vaguely remember reading this, but I totally forgot about it! I am now very tempted to use this response. I had a lot of sarcastic responses in mind, but this one is good. I like it.

• Like 3
Anthracite_Impreza

I used to have a phallus shaped cactus, complete with testes, but my mother killed it :c

• Like 1
a minor triad
2 hours ago, Anthracite_Impreza said:

I used to have a phallus shaped cactus, complete with testes, but my mother killed it :c

No! I find that cacti are deceptively easy to kill. I know I've killed my share of supposedly resilient plants.

3 hours ago, Anthracite_Impreza said:

A “cocktus,” as so dubbed by a certain group of Youtubers. 🙃

And yeah, the whole “How do you know you don’t like x if you’ve never tried x” is surprisingly annoying. I’m a somewhat mature adult so I feel like I have a decent grasp on what I’ll like and dislike. Firstly, I prefer solitude with occasional contact with friends for fun. Attaching someone to my life would honestly be a hassle. Secondly, I’d be an awful partner anyway. I’m fairly boring, not very emotive, and harbor rather cynical views about a lot of things. Lastly, I have no drive to seek out romantic/sexual companionship. The idea bores me honestly. I’d rather not waste my time and another person’s time trying out something that I’m not actively interested in to begin with.

• Like 5
Bronztrooper
1 hour ago, Laplace said:

A “cocktus,” as so dubbed by a certain group of Youtubers. 🙃

You wouldn't happen to be referring to Vanoss & Co., would you?

Anthracite_Impreza
3 hours ago, Laplace said:

A “cocktus,” as so dubbed by a certain group of Youtubers

I'm ashamed that I never thought of that myself.

• Like 3
nerdperson777

I chose to accept that guy's proposal in the visual novel thing. My character gave him a small peck and I'm like, hey I didn't consent to this! Now we're sharing a spagetti dish? I'm sure each of us could eat our own dish. Most guys have big enough appetites.

• Like 8
NerdIsStrongWithThisOne

Having to explain asexuality to someone I was dating and their response was "You can't be asexual, that's a waste of a pretty face!"

Way to objectify me, deny my autonomy, and reject my sexuality, all in one. Needless to say, I don't talk to them anymore

• Like 14
Anthracite_Impreza
13 minutes ago, NerdIsStrongWithThisOne said:

Having to explain asexuality to someone I was dating and their response was "You can't be asexual, that's a waste of a pretty face!"

Way to objectify me, deny my autonomy, and reject my sexuality, all in one. Needless to say, I don't talk to them anymore

Ugh, what a gross person.

• Like 6
18 hours ago, Bronztrooper said:

You wouldn't happen to be referring to Vanoss & Co., would you?

I heard the word first from them yeah 🤣.

2 hours ago, NerdIsStrongWithThisOne said:

If you’re pretty/intelligent/[insert attractive quality here] and asexual, you’re considered stuck up, selfish, or in denial. If you’re average or ugly, it’s a case of sour grapes. Either way, in some people’s eyes, aces will never be accepted. 😑

• Like 10
NerdIsStrongWithThisOne

@Laplace You're definitely right, and unfortunately that's an accurate summary of society right now. 

Good thing we have support, high fives, and cake with our ace community :)

• Like 5
5 hours ago, NerdIsStrongWithThisOne said:

What a crap thing to say, great way to objectify someone as only having sex appeal rather than a personality. It honestly makes me glad I’m not a part of that stuff if that is how a sex drive makes you behave.

• Like 10
7 minutes ago, Bio 7 said:

What a crap thing to say, great way to objectify someone as only having sex appeal rather than a personality. It honestly makes me glad I’m not a part of that stuff if that is how a sex drive makes you behave.

No kidding.

• Like 6
NerdIsStrongWithThisOne
1 hour ago, Bio 7 said:

I'm with you there! That's such a horrible way to behave. You'd think grown adults would know better.

Oh well, not much I can do about it, sadly. I do really appreciate everyone's support though!

• Like 4

@NerdIsStrongWithThisOne, they probably thought that they were paying you a compliment. 

• Like 7
2 hours ago, Skycaptain said:

@NerdIsStrongWithThisOne, they probably thought that they were paying you a compliment. 

So strange they would consider it a compliment. Appearance isn’t all that matters about someone, couldn’t they accept the fact and get to know a person rather than try to make it sound like they are a disappointment just because of being Ace. It comes off as very rude to me.

• Like 9
NerdIsStrongWithThisOne

@Skycaptain That's definitely a possibility, I hadn't really considered that. I have no desire to track them down and ask haha.

@Bio 7 Just another one for the unfortunate reaction pile, I suppose. 

Thanks for helping me remember I'm not alone in this peeps! 🖤 

• Like 2
19 hours ago, NerdIsStrongWithThisOne said:

8 hours ago, Bio 7 said:

So strange they would consider it a compliment. Appearance isn’t all that matters about someone, couldn’t they accept the fact and get to know a person rather than try to make it sound like they are a disappointment just because of being Ace. It comes off as very rude to me.

For some reason, this reminds me of when people say it's a shame/waste to not make use of something you have.

• Like 6
nerdperson777
22 hours ago, Bio 7 said:

Which is why I think apps like Tindr are bad.  People are rating each other (mostly) on looks only.  It says nothing about how you and the other person will get along.  I get there are people who rate physical appearance very high, but how you both get along will decide how compatible you two are.

• Like 4
20 hours ago, nerdperson777 said:

Which is why I think apps like Tindr are bad.  People are rating each other (mostly) on looks only.  It says nothing about how you and the other person will get along.  I get there are people who rate physical appearance very high, but how you both get along will decide how compatible you two are.

I think it is purely a site for sex, if people expect a relationship from it they must be delusional. It is a terrible idea for an app.

• Like 2
Anthracite_Impreza
22 minutes ago, Bio 7 said:

I think it is purely a site for sex, if people expect a relationship from it they must be delusional. It is a terrible idea for an app.

It's actually a brilliant idea if all you want is sex; wham, bam, thank you ma'am ;)

27 minutes ago, Anthracite_Impreza said:

It's actually a brilliant idea if all you want is sex; wham, bam, thank you ma'am ;)

Well yes, but I don’t consider sex to be something worthwhile and so my opinion is that it isn’t a good idea. I know that opinion isn’t shared by Sexuals but I don’t see the point in it with random people, seems repulsive.

• Like 4