#AsexualProblems

15 hours ago, Neutral nerd said:

That is so creepy. What do their kids think about it??? Do they have a choice??

Dunno, their youngest kid wasn't there, but I bet they don't like strangers either.

Let's just hope it was either a joke or that distant relative has already forgotten about it.

12 hours ago, Zash said:

I am hoping they mean they will just introduce the two of you to each other, and if you hit it off, great, and no pressure.  But, previous observations often indicate the other party is often somewhat pressured (either by their parents or society in general) to make a move.

I agree with you a bit. I hope if I ever have to meet them that it's just the introduction and that's it.

However, I was told the chances that I'll visit my relatives are quite small to zero so there shouldn't be any worries in the future I guess(?) 

10 hours ago, Laplace said:

Thankfully, most of my relatives seem to have lowered that expectation of me cause it’s not mentioned often anymore. And jeez being set up with/“introduced” to someone is sooooo awkward 😖. It’s like, “Haha nice to meet you. Our parents put us up to this meeting and now all our future interactions will have this really awkward pall hanging over them. It’s pretty much ruined any chance of us having a casual relationship but maybe we can share a mutual understanding of the sheer amount of cringe we’re gonna have to endure when we’re grilled by our parents later about what we think about each other. 😅😬

I feel the same about the awkwardness 😖 but I'm an anti-social person anyway so there won't be much interaction in the first place. Also, maybe the language barrier will help me to get out of those situations.

12 hours ago, Laplace said:

Sorry for the consecutive posts but...

The one thing that always confused me is that if Pokemon reproduction is not sexual, then AFAIK why can’t Nidoking breed with Nidoqueen? 🧐🧐🤔🤔🤨 Like WTF is that? Whether they get pregnant from a touch or they just materialize an egg, it would require a very odd explanation to justify why such a logical pairing is unviable.

Probably because when the first games came out there was no gender. Nidoran/m/f and family were intended to be examples of sexual dimorphism in animals. But when gender was later added to the games, either the Nidos were forgotten or it was a purposeful oversight to keep their uniqueness from the original games.

Knowing Gamefreak it could be either.

• Like 2
nerdperson777
2 hours ago, Lonely Mudkip said:

Probably because when the first games came out there was no gender. Nidoran/m/f and family were intended to be examples of sexual dimorphism in animals. But when gender was later added to the games, either the Nidos were forgotten or it was a purposeful oversight to keep their uniqueness from the original games.

Knowing Gamefreak it could be either.

I just like how a Mudkip is the one who answers this.

Meanwhile, different species can mate (as long as they're in the same egg group).  The idea of Pokemon evolution doesn't even make sense IRL anyway.  If evolution was for the continuation of a species, a fully evolved Pokemon would not give birth to the thing it evolved from, it'd just be the same, like a Swampert would just give birth to a Swampert instead of a Mudkip.

• Like 2

Exactly! Pokemon evolution is more like metamorphosis than true evolution.

• Like 4
GeekyGamerZack
15 hours ago, Laplace said:

Sorry for the consecutive posts but...

The one thing that always confused me is that if Pokemon reproduction is not sexual, then AFAIK why can’t Nidoking breed with Nidoqueen? 🧐🧐🤔🤔🤨 Like WTF is that? Whether they get pregnant from a touch or they just materialize an egg, it would require a very odd explanation to justify why such a logical pairing is unviable.

The weird thing about that is the fact that Nidorina and Nidoqueen are the only gendered, non-Legendary, non-Mythical Pokémon that can't breed, but Nidoran♀  and the entire Nidoking line can. :P

32 minutes ago, nerdperson777 said:

I just like how a Mudkip is the one who answers this.

I know, right? :D

32 minutes ago, nerdperson777 said:

Meanwhile, different species can mate (as long as they're in the same egg group).  The idea of Pokemon evolution doesn't even make sense IRL anyway.  If evolution was for the continuation of a species, a fully evolved Pokemon would not give birth to the thing it evolved from, it'd just be the same, like a Swampert would just give birth to a Swampert instead of a Mudkip.

Pokémon evolution is more like metamorphosis in real-world animals. Just look at tadpoles, for example: they grow limbs, lose their tails and grow into adult frogs. (Or bigger, musclier tadpoles, I guess?)

GeekyGamerZack
7 minutes ago, Lonely Mudkip said:

Exactly! Pokemon evolution is more like metamorphosis than true evolution.

Ack, I was beaten to the Mach Punch! :D

• Like 1
1 minute ago, GeekyGamerZack said:

Was your Mind Blown? (I hope I don't start a Pokemon pun war)

• Like 3
nerdperson777
33 minutes ago, GeekyGamerZack said:

Should've used Quick Attack.

• Like 2

#no i don't have a boyfriend 

and

#no i'm not going to bar/library/coffee shop etc. to find one

and

#please stop asking where am I going to find one then

#relatives

• Like 4
Bronztrooper

I wanted to see fanart of a female character I like who's fairly muscular (said musculature isn't shown well in the original media), but 95% of the fanart shows her as either overly muscular (think body-builder), in a sexual-seeming pose, nude/mostly nude, or any combination of the three.

I find muscles on women aesthetically pleasing, so it was annoying to find almost everything other than what I was looking for...  #asexualproblems

GeekyGamerZack

Watching on-demand television late at night and seeing an ad for...

Durex gel

...at the start of every. Single. Ad break. #AsexualProblems

• Like 1
2 hours ago, GeekyGamerZack said:

Hide contents

Durex gel

What is that?

• Like 2
GeekyGamerZack
6 minutes ago, queerditch said:

What is that?

Basically, it's...

...a brand of products designed to aid in and enhance intercourse. I believe this gel is known as a "lubricant".

Naturally, I was disgusted and looked away from the screen when the ad came on, even though there technically wasn't any suggestive imagery in it (other than an obvious implication).

What baffles me is why the Google algorithm assumes the product in question would interest me. I'm freaking asexual, for crying out loud! :P

• Like 1
Celyn: The Lutening
1 hour ago, GeekyGamerZack said:

What baffles me is why the Google algorithm assumes the product in question would interest me.

I don't know which of us has it worse. The Google algorithm has ~somehow~ twigged that I am in possession of a uterus, and I get never-ending ads for pregnancy tests and pregnancy supplements. And I'm like, No. Not gonna happen. Ever. Google, you are not just barking up the wrong tree, that's not even a tree that you're barking up. You're barking up a lamppost. 

• Like 6
7 hours ago, GeekyGamerZack said:

Hide contents

Durex gel

That's why I watch BBC.

• Like 3

Another great thing about BBC is that I am able to avoid programs like "Love Island" (arguably the worst show in British television history), and instead watch David Attenborough's nature programs or QI.

• Like 3
14 hours ago, GeekyGamerZack said:

(bigger, musclier tadpoles, I guess?)

Poliwrath?

• Like 1
GeekyGamerZack
2 minutes ago, Lonely Mudkip said:

Poliwrath?

That was the punchline, yes. ;)

• Like 2
13 hours ago, nerdperson777 said:

Should've used Quick Attack.

Neither Mach Punch or Quick Attack would effect the only Pokemon who can use Mind Blown, Blacephalon.😉 You should try Shadow Sneak instead! 😋

• Like 2
11 hours ago, GeekyGamerZack said:

Basically, it's...

Hide contents

...a brand of products designed to aid in and enhance intercourse. I believe this gel is known as a "lubricant".

Naturally, I was disgusted and looked away from the screen when the ad came on, even though there technically wasn't any suggestive imagery in it (other than an obvious implication).

What baffles me is why the Google algorithm assumes the product in question would interest me. I'm freaking asexual, for crying out loud! :P

Oh. I've never seen commercials for that stuff and I stay up pretty late.

• Like 1
GeekyGamerZack
4 hours ago, queerditch said:

Oh. I've never seen commercials for that stuff and I stay up pretty late.

Well, it was an online catchup service for a free-to-air network, which only makes it more disturbing.

nerdperson777
12 hours ago, Lonely Mudkip said:

Neither Mach Punch or Quick Attack would effect the only Pokemon who can use Mind Blown, Blacephalon.😉 You should try Shadow Sneak instead! 😋

I stopped playing right before Mega Evolutions so I don't know about those three latter moves.

• Like 2
On 7/17/2018 at 9:33 PM, SallyBlackwater said:

Got told today that by not wanting to get married and wanting to live alone I'll become bitter when I get old

My mother doesn’t want me to be lonely and without someone who really cares, given how many of our older generation often go days or weeks without having a nice chat with someone, etc.

I appreciate her point in a way, but I do wish that she would put it another way. Currently she says in a sad tone something about me ‘denying myself’ this, and that has an altogether different feel, to me.

• Like 3
On 7/18/2018 at 6:49 AM, queerditch said:

Also, why so early???

For some reason it’s quite common for people to wake up and still be in the mood, should they have time. Perhaps also due to the condition (a lot of?) guys wake up with in the morning and it depends on if their partner can be asked or not? Lol

On 7/20/2018 at 10:27 PM, nerdperson777 said:

Swampert would just give birth to a Swampert instead of a Mudkip.

So pre-evolutions would become extinct 🤔 idk how to feel about this. Idk how long Pokemon lifespans are but baby pokemon presumably would all no longer exist and probs some first gen basics (sorry switched to tcg lingo, idk what a ‘basic’ i.e mudkip, is called in the games? Bit rusty lol).

When I realize I'm sensually attracted to a squish and it's sort of a pain inside because, "Why u do this brain, don't think that'll ever happen."

• Like 5
21 hours ago, lewp3 said:

Another great thing about BBC is that I am able to avoid programs like "Love Island" (arguably the worst show in British television history), and instead watch David Attenborough's nature programs or QI.

I think that New Zealand recently aired its own version of ‘Love Island’... I just can’t understand why these shows exist... LOL 🙃

• Like 2
dontblameme

Told a guy that had been hitting on me at work for weeks that I was Ace and he got so flustered that he asked "so you v****a is just like a thing that's there then?". Ummm yes, I guess??

We also went out for drinks to talk because he gets really anxious messaging online, but is seemingly very confident in person, and he started getting aroused when he asked if I did anything with myself even though I replied with disgust and the answer of absolutely never... 

Ps Love Island is terrible, is it just me that thinks it's really sad that people are interested in spineless "hotties" faking relationships to try gain fame and money?

• Like 1
2 hours ago, dontblameme said:

Told a guy that had been hitting on me at work for weeks that I was Ace and he got so flustered that he asked "so you v****a is just like a thing that's there then?". Ummm yes, I guess??

We also went out for drinks to talk because he gets really anxious messaging online, but is seemingly very confident in person, and he started getting aroused when he asked if I did anything with myself even though I replied with disgust and the answer of absolutely never... 

Ps Love Island is terrible, is it just me that thinks it's really sad that people are interested in spineless "hotties" faking relationships to try gain fame and money?

Yeah, you could have also just said “I’m not interested.” 

dontblameme
32 minutes ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

Yeah, you could have also just said “I’m not interested.” 

Ah genius, never thought of that!

Or maybe I tried that and it didn't work so I told him why I wasn't interested...

• Like 3

The descrption of this movie, oh boy...NonAceProblems

20180722_145646_zpsbdphwffk.jpg

• Like 2