#AsexualProblems

The “that’s what she said” crap is dumb cause people say it after stuff that doesn’t even make any ****ing sense. It’s like people who spam memes just to meme and not to add comedic value. I remember this one dumbass kid in middle school always said the phrase, and I just wanted Sparta kick the guy off the school roof cause he just said it after every sentence that had a single word that could vaguely be construed as sexual.

😡/🔪

• Like 4
5 minutes ago, Laplace said:

The “that’s what she said” crap is dumb cause people say it after stuff that doesn’t even make any ****ing sense. It’s like people who spam memes just to meme and not to add comedic value. I remember this one dumbass kid in middle school always said the phrase, and I just wanted Sparta kick the guy off the school roof cause just said it after every sentence that had a single word that could vaguely be construed as sexual.

😡/🔪

"I'm really tired and want to go to bed"

"that's what she said"

"I have something in my eye"

"that's what she said"

"I hate when people say that"

"that's what she--"

"GRGRHGSFRHFQFTYEYSGDHTGWFTJ"

• Like 4
2 hours ago, squaggly said:

"I'm really tired and want to go to bed"

"that's what she said"

"I have something in my eye"

"that's what she said"

"I hate when people say that"

"that's what she--"

"GRGRHGSFRHFQFTYEYSGDHTGWFTJ"

That's what she said? Sorry, couldn'

I always thought "I would tap that" was a way of saying something is attractive, like, "if I saw that on Instagram, I would tap it twice and like it."after reading more #asexualproblems, I've learned I'm wrong, but I don't know what it means

• Like 2
58 minutes ago, squaggly said:

I always thought "I would tap that" was a way of saying something is attractive, like, "if I saw that on Instagram, I would tap it twice and like it."after reading more #asexualproblems, I've learned I'm wrong, but I don't know what it means

'I would have sex with them'

But the phrase has always made me think of tapping a maple tree?

Euphemisms make little sense.

• Like 3

On 9/22/2013 at 10:17 AM, Uranium said:

I'll never learn not to google these things. >.< Pass the brain bleach please.

What is is???? i'm so tempted to look it up BUt these commentss!!

• Like 1
nerdperson777
8 hours ago, Lifesaver said:

'I would have sex with them'

But the phrase has always made me think of tapping a maple tree?

Euphemisms make little sense.

My guess was that "I would date that person", based on context.  But I never figured out why use tap.  Maybe genitals can "tap" each other?  I'm reminded of that creepy guy on Steam that invalidated my orientation by saying that I tried something with my boyfriend and it didn't seem right.  What are you talking about?  I never had a boyfriend and who are you to ask (almost a complete stranger, just some guy on my friends list for many years) about that?  And asking about tapping outside my underwear?  I'd never let anyone in there.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, nerdperson777 said:

My guess was that "I would date that person", based on context.  But I never figured out why use tap.  Maybe genitals can "tap" each other?  I'm reminded of that creepy guy on Steam that invalidated my orientation by saying that I tried something with my boyfriend and it didn't seem right.  What are you talking about?  I never had a boyfriend and who are you to ask (almost a complete stranger, just some guy on my friends list for many years) about that?  And asking about tapping outside my underwear?  I'd never let anyone in there.

Tap, bang, and hit all mean the same thing in this context. I think it started with "bang" as in "sex so good you end up banging the headboard against the wall", so "I'd bang that" or "s/he's so bangable" come into usage. And tap and hit are just variations of the same, only possibly lesser?

• Like 2
2 hours ago, babygyrl09 said:

Tap, bang, and hit all mean the same thing in this context. I think it started with "bang" as in "sex so good you end up banging the headboard against the wall", so "I'd bang that" or "s/he's so bangable" come into usage. And tap and hit are just variations of the same, only possibly lesser?

That makes a lot of sense, but my knowledge of sexual people is nothing is ever as simple as it might seem

• Like 1
3 hours ago, babygyrl09 said:

And now my sexual friend just told me that "tap" is from "tap that ass" as in smacking someone's ass. The more you know.

When people talk about seeing an attractive person and take your piqued curiosity as if you're looking to score.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, borkfork said:

One can also tap a keg. 

You're talking my language :P

• Like 1
Vicky Angel
6 hours ago, borkfork said:

One can also tap a keg. 

You can also tap a canister to empty out the contents.  Like when you are trying to make a hot chocolate but there isn't much powder left. So you turn the canister upside down and tap on the bottom so the powder will go in the cup. 

• Like 5
9 hours ago, babygyrl09 said:

And now my sexual friend just told me that "tap" is from "tap that ass" as in smacking someone's ass. The more you know.

Huh, the more you know!

WWIFlyingAce
On 2/14/2018 at 3:10 PM, Ruination said:

Try a single day after my birthday. I’m the 18th of April, he’s the 19th.

Fighting over who’s birthday party would be what weekend. Getting cards from relatives, only to realize they’re for your brother.

Good times.

My stepsister's birthday was six days before mine, and my dad's is two.  I've always shared birthday space with somebody, as well as with Thanksgiving.  Stupid late November birthdays!

WWIFlyingAce

#Aro-AceProblems

Trying for years, but never finding anyone who can give you a satisfactory explanation for why people get married.  If you want to live together, then live together.  Why is going through the hassle of the legal process of divorce worth it?  If you want a party with cake (and who doesn't!) to celebrate your love and commitment to one another, then do that, but why does there have to be a legally binding contract involved?

• Like 6
7 minutes ago, WWIFlyingAce said:

#Aro-AceProblems

Trying for years, but never finding anyone who can give you a satisfactory explanation for why people get married.  If you want to live together, then live together.  Why is going through the hassle of the legal process of divorce worth it?  If you want a party with cake (and who doesn't!) to celebrate your love and commitment to one another, then do that, but why does there have to be a legally binding contract involved?

Marriage was originally buying women from their fathers. We've come a long way, but the tradition is still there. The only reason I could see people getting married is because of tradition

29 minutes ago, WWIFlyingAce said:

#Aro-AceProblems

Or some of us just want to elope when we make things official. I personally don't want to do the cohabitation before marriage thing, but to each their own. 

3 hours ago, squaggly said:

Marriage was originally buying women from their fathers. We've come a long way, but the tradition is still there. The only reason I could see people getting married is because of tradition

Also legal reasons. Tax purposes, medical purposes, child raising purposes (custody purposes when the child's bio Parent A isn't necessarily both in the picture but Parent B wants to make sure that Parent A doesn't get custody. If Parent B marries significant other, it's a lot easier to adopt/make them primary custodian of child in event of death.) A lot of reasons not to just live together, because being married and having a legal tie to the other person means a lot of things are easier to put the other person as your ICE person.

• Like 3
AceTrainerTiny

I just want to hang out with my best friend, who is like a little sister to me, and we'v been hanging out a lot more lately now that she's single. But because of this fact people act like we're dating but keeping it secret?!??! I mean, I would totally have her as a QP, and even romance if she wanted to, but like, that relationship just wouldn't work out the way everyone thinks it does. The only person who believes that we aren't dating is her mom. Other humans are so strange sometimes. Luckily it doesn't bother me so much because we've talked about it and I know that nothing will happen between us (because her and I have discussed it, and she was very comforting in the fact that she said she would not develop feeling for me, which was a big fear of mine. It's nice being able to trust people) but she's getting annoyed by it because people don't know how to listen because of our relationship crazed society these days. Ugh. Oh well, nothing we can do but push through and let people talk, knowing that they don't know the truth. 

• Like 2
On 2/13/2018 at 11:56 PM, Fantastic Name said:

I died reading this. Sums it up beautifully. :lol:

Wait,  but there's is more. It's actually - apparently - a good enough (if not *the* best) REASON for loving them. Not because of who they are and everything that makes us us. No, if you fuck someone long (and well) enough, the chemicals this unleashes in your brain apparently turn the whole physiological thing into a profound emotional thing and that's as good a basis and reason for "loving" someone as any...

I sometimes feel as if I'm living in the wrong world....

• Like 3

@AceTrainerTiny, the "your dating" is annoying commonplace. I've had that simply by offering a work colleague who lives near me a regular lift home before now :(

Vicky Angel

When you saw Elsa from Frozen as Ace Aro but they are insisting on giving her a girlfriend for the sequel 

• Like 6
AceTrainerTiny

@Skycaptain Oh, I understand that. It's just recently become a huge issue because now I've officially been single for a year and she recently went through a breakup, so people now have "more reason than ever" to think that we are dating. But yes, the whole "your bodies are of opposite configuration, you must be dating" thing in general is one big problem. I just needed a moment to rant about mine, heh. :cake:

• Like 2
Platonic Underdog

When you have to bring an encyclopaedia when you come out

Here is a conversation I had with my eldest sister (give or take, it was a few weeks ago)

E.S: *something about having children*

Me: I don't want kids

E.S: You'll change your mind

Me: No (why are we rehashing this again, I don't want demon spawn and I would like a dragon friend to rescue me from this nonsense now), I'm asexual aromantic 

E.S: what? Asexual, aromantic, what's that *laughs* is that a thing?!

Me: *sighs and explains*

E.S: don't worry you'll meet the right person (well, at least you're being inclusive of all genders. Maybe you can tell I'm Not Straight subconsciously, E.S?)

Me: no, I do not want the right person. Look, let me put it like this. Some people swing one way, some the other and some swing both. I just don't swing. (Like, at all. Do not bring it up again. Because it makes feel ill. Blech)

E.S *laughs* alright I get it (well, laughter is a great way to come out I guess. Even though I already came out to you. Although I guess I never explained it? Oh well, partly my bad, I guess) 

On the bright side, she hasn't brought up dating or whatever since, so that's good. She's still convinced I'll change my mind on the  I don't want kids thing. My parents took the whole no grandkids thing better, to be honest. I think they always knew though, considering I've always been terrified of babies and children 😄  Sometimes I consider getting small cards made with small explanations written on them and handing them to people who ask me about dating. But what would I put? Look, if I have to explain it, can I at least be a sarcastic smart aleck about it? 😅 

• Like 2
On 3/1/2018 at 1:02 AM, squaggly said:

Marriage is like Christmas at this point. There isn't really a purpose because you can just give presents all year long, but it's fun for people and it's religious too. And something we just do.

• Like 1

@Platonic Underdog I sometimes wonder if people with siblings have a lot less pressure from their parents for grandkids. I have 2 other sisters, and my parents really don't care about me not having children, but I've also never really liked children , and they've known for years it would not happen.

Platonic Underdog

@spazzticsoda 

yeah, I would be surprised. My parents understood that it wasn't for me. I mean, don't get me wrong, I love my sister. But sometimes it gets frustrating. So I've decided to joke about it before she makes the comment 😊