#AsexualProblems

On 5/22/2019 at 1:36 PM, Fluffy Femme Guy said:

Also, it's probably something one isn't going to hear/know about unless they talk to transmasc folk a good bit.

I had no idea either. I thought it might be those plastic ice cubes {you pack them into a lunchbox}. Reading those comments also made me think “black and yellow black and yellow black and yellow.” 😂

Just a few weeks ago, I tried to explain to my mom that I wasn’t homosexual, but that I was just homoromantic. I tried to explain to her that some people might not care about sex, for some people love is all that matters in the relationship.

And basically she told me that if there’s no sexual desire or attraction, it’s not romantic, it’s just friendship.

So I gave up. 

Anyway I posted this photo on Facebook today.

56c3d6347b3461bc3f645c88c02e904d--locks-

And she liked it on Facebook.

I just find that incredibly ironic. Like wow, just a few weeks ago you were saying the total opposite. Even when she doesn’t recognize the colors it’s ironic she’d agree with the message.

• Like 11
Random Human

Getting called innocent and being treated like a child constantly because you don't laugh at sexual jokes. 

• Like 4
purpledragonsenpai

The amount of songs about sex out there is ridiculous. Like, why not write about cats, or dragons, or international espionage, or liTERALLY ANYTHING ELSE.

• Like 8
On 5/24/2019 at 6:35 PM, Random Human said:

Getting called innocent and being treated like a child constantly because you don't laugh at sexual jokes. 

I constantly find it hilarious that someone as cynical and academically learned as myself is like one of the most stereotypically “pure” people ever. People constantly think I’m romantically experienced or must have some sort of vice, but I’m a kissless virgin who doesn’t drink, do drugs, or act promiscuously. It’s a sad state of affairs when people are amazed I have so much “self control.”

• Like 6
9 hours ago, purpledragonsenpai said:

The amount of songs about sex out there is ridiculous. Like, why not write about cats, or dragons, or international espionage, or liTERALLY ANYTHING ELSE.

Because that would require talent and imagination, which most lyracists don’t have anymore 

CaptainMarvel

Fncking sleepovers man. I love hanging out with my friends but jeezus cripes all we did was talk about crushes and who’s dating who and junk. It was so boring, and I hated being that one person who wasn’t interested in the conversations. 

• Like 3
mechanicalsunshine

@Loomie I've got the male avatar in Pokemon go too! Usually most people don't really care, they'll be like "huh" and that's it.

The only really uncomfortable situation I've ended up in was the time I got my sister to stop by a raid while we were out driving. Another car parked a little behind us and someone popped into the raid with me so we knew they were playing too. My sister kind of jokingly said "aw it's almost romantic, you'll see each other across the parking lot and link eyes" or something like that, which is like, whatever it's fine to fantasize about whatever you want, it just made me uncomfortable when it was in relation to me. She then also commented that it was dumb that I had a male avatar 'cus then they wouldn't know I'm a "girl" and how would we get together if they didn't know, and shit.

I was uncomfortable with the entire conversation but my sister seemed confused and almost offended when I didn't want to play into it. I was confused about why a person who could tell the other was uncomfortable with the conversation would then not at the very least drop the issue, but instead continue to insist on it... 

I dunno, my sister is just very hetero normative I think, like, she tries to be inclusive and respectful, but you know... She definitely assumes everyone is straight first. And if you're female you must like all things feminine and shit, I dunno... 

• Like 5

My mom keeps wanting her friends or my brothers to knock someone up. 

What type of parent thinks and wants that? 

nerdperson777
13 hours ago, Laplace said:

I constantly find it hilarious that someone as cynical and academically learned as myself is like one of the most stereotypically “pure” people ever. People constantly think I’m romantically experienced or must have some sort of vice, but I’m a kissless virgin who doesn’t drink, do drugs, or act promiscuously. It’s a sad state of affairs when people are amazed I have so much “self control.”

I've been so out of it today after going to a birthday party last night.  This is basically my version of a hangover.  I had one can of sugary soda, with 39g of sugar and I probably had way too much social interaction.  (For those who don't know, sugar just makes me fall asleep, there is no high, just a crash.  When I'm in my home, I can fall asleep in 15 minutes and won't wake for 2 hours.  If I'm out with other people, I have enough anxiety to stay away until I get back, and then I crash.)  I have self-control, but to me it's more than just not going after "desirable" things.  But maybe I'm thinking about just control.  I limit how much power I use to do certain activities, like pushing a box.  It may look like I'm having trouble pushing it, but I'm just using minimum power and slowly adding to it to make it move.  But as for self-control, I've started performing self-care, but I never really know how to balance that so I end up self-caring too much so that it ends up as indulging myself, even when I'm not sure if I needed to.  I guess I've been controlled for so long, I just have random stints of just doing the wrong thing just to balance it out.

Just this once, is it so hard to create a series without (best) friends becoming lovers? Or the one-sided crush?

It's always the opposite gender friends and it's kinda everywhere, from crime series to cartoon shows.

There's this show I kinda keep with, but I don't watch the actual episodes just the short clips and I was hoping they would keep being friends. However, in the last season they still ended up dating.

I'm not implying I'm against dating or anything, it's just you know I hoped it didn't go to that direction for once. 😕

• Like 8
21 minutes ago, Destan said:

I was hoping they would keep being friends. However, in the last season they still ended up dating.

For some reason, I still don't see it coming.  It always happens and I NEVER think they're more than friends until the random kiss scene that always pops up.  

Happened again this year with Arrival.  I was worried that the 2 main characters were just going to suddenly fall for each other, but then it was getting near the end of the movie and I hadn't seen any signs of romance, just good friendship!  Then they kissed.  :\

• Like 4
purpledragonsenpai
17 hours ago, i.r3beka said:

Because that would require talent and imagination, which most lyracists don’t have anymore 

ooof sis

On 5/20/2019 at 8:34 PM, Bronztrooper said:

quote-the-more-we-learn-the-more-we-real

Completely true! 

• Like 1
18 hours ago, Laplace said:

Yeah, don't drink, don't smoke, no drugs, don't gamble, no sex ... "self control" or a secret life they don't know about.  I'll let them make their own fantasies because the truth is FAR FAR less interesting.  :lol:

• Like 5
nerdperson777
6 hours ago, iyote said:

For some reason, I still don't see it coming.  It always happens and I NEVER think they're more than friends until the random kiss scene that always pops up.  

Happened again this year with Arrival.  I was worried that the 2 main characters were just going to suddenly fall for each other, but then it was getting near the end of the movie and I hadn't seen any signs of romance, just good friendship!  Then they kissed.  :\

There was a show I was watching at my parents' whenever I came over.  There was a clear romantic tension between the main guy and this girl that helps him out.  They two would be with someone else (in a straight relationship) but feel like it wasn't totally right.  I forget how the main guy was with some girl and the helping girl got back with her ex.  The season finale wasn't focused on the tension but I feel like they're going to put them together in the end of everything.  I feel like the writers just decided to put them together when I'm not sure what they even had in common.

• Like 1

This is kind of weird thing to rant about, but I feel kinda disappointed every time a character on movies, books, series etc. finds "the true love". All that time I've related to the character and seen myself  in them and suddenly we have nothing in common. It feels like being betrayed by a story. It's like a reflection of the reality when I think I can relate to the person and suddenly I learn they desire something very different than I do. Like, couldn't they give you a break even at fiction :'D

• Like 8
11 hours ago, naakka said:

This is kind of weird thing to rant about, but I feel kinda disappointed every time a character on movies, books, series etc. finds "the true love". All that time I've related to the character and seen myself  in them and suddenly we have nothing in common. It feels like being betrayed by a story. It's like a reflection of the reality when I think I can relate to the person and suddenly I learn they desire something very different than I do. Like, couldn't they give you a break even at fiction :'D

I’m kinda peeved now when people complain about a character being really dense and having no romantic resolution cause now I realize I am that character a lot of the time 😅. According to many people who are far more romantically experienced and sensitive, I’ve had people who were trying really hard to send subtle signals my way and, as I’ve shared here, I just completely failed to notice them. People have written entire pages in my yearbook, wrote me an anonymous note, and more, and I just think they’re being nice or messing with me. A lot of my favorite characters also don’t have any sort of romantic elements to their endings. 

• Like 6
13 hours ago, naakka said:

Same. I also kind of get peeved when my favorite characters are high achieving and they get hit on by losers. I’m thinking, “boy, you don’t deserve her.” This happens in real life too, sometimes I see couples that are mismatched, but in real life I don’t care because other people’s lives don’t affect me, but in fiction that ish ticks me off. In fiction I’m emotionally invested in the well being of my favorite characters, I want them to do well and not get stuck with losers.

Skycaptain
3 hours ago, Bunnicorn said:

"You're not sexually attracted to anyone?"

"No"

"So you're a fungus"

Fiiiiine:unsure:

nerdperson777
23 minutes ago, Skycaptain said:

Fiiiiine:unsure:

Fine, when you die, I'll eat your decomposition.

• Like 2
On 5/15/2019 at 4:45 PM, kpavhec said:

Hello! I know that this reply is old, but I am also searching for a silicone ring. Can you wear it with years or it is getting loose?

Sorry for bothering, but asking again same question. What do you think of this brand for silicone rings - https://mauirings.com/.

Have someone tried it?

purpledragonsenpai

Most people just straight up don't believe me when I say I'm ace. They pretty much think that it's impossible and I'm lying to annoy them.

The Incarnation Of Boredom

Okay so not necessarily an asexual problem, but I just ended up in a conversation trying to give advice to my friend about his friends-with-benefits relationship with his ex and its the weirdest conversation ever but I'm so glad he trusts me enough to talk about it. I felt bad because I couldn't really give much advice...

Update: I think I convinced him to end the relationship 👌

• Like 1
Hermit Advocate
4 hours ago, purpledragonsenpai said:

Most people just straight up don't believe me when I say I'm ace. They pretty much think that it's impossible and I'm lying to annoy them.

Welcome to the club of the disbelieved, and welcome to the club of the understanding. 

• Like 4
22 hours ago, Bunnicorn said:

"You're not sexually attracted to anyone?"

"No"

"So you're a fungus"

“Yep, and if you’re wondering how I reproduce, I just so happen to be a rare strain of Cordyceps. 😈

😱

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Laplace said:

“Yep, and if you’re wondering how I reproduce, I just so happen to be a rare strain of Cordyceps. 😈

😱

Ellie, you are skating on some mighty thin ice!

disclaimer: yes I know cordyceps is a real thing