#AsexualProblems

10 minutes ago, OhDearyMe! said:

Does anybody else have these weird moments when you're questioning your sexuality and you then have a weird feeling in the stomach which makes you think "is this sexual attraction??" but actually you just need to pee 😐

I had that exact moment a few times while trying to figure out my sexuality...

• Like 4
Just now, badatnames said:

I had that exact moment a few times while trying to figure out my sexuality...

😂 Omg I was actually really scared that no one was going to relate, making me look like a weirdo (not that I'm not)

• Like 5
I'mTheDecoy

So I realised that what I used to mistake for sexual attraction are the same feelings I get either when I think something is cute, something is comforting or something is funny.  It's weird that I didn't identify this until I started to call myself ace.  It was a desperate clinging to a false sense of 'allo' I guess.

I mean, unless I actually want to have sex with ducks, bagels or comedy films.  Pretty sure I don't.

• Like 5

So I'm starting a Dungeons and Dragons session (my first ever campaign) and god, I want fighting and go with the plot and stuff like that, but my group is starting to get annoying and they're going on quests to find drugs and rob people and now it's like

Spoiler

a drug rape fantasy (btw, my character stayed back and had no idea what the other two were up to). There were other instances of sexual references...

Starting to turn me off from the game at this point.

• Like 2
GeekyGamerZack
1 hour ago, GeryBob said:

finding out that for two years straight when you said "that's what she said" it didn't mean: hey someone said the exact same earlier. And instead it meant: this is what people say when they have sex. (My brother had to explain it to me) #asexualproblems

THAT'S what that means?! Uh...I mean...I knew that. (I didn't tho 😅 )

ON-TOPIC: Watching episode 16 of Buffy the Vampire Slayer season 2 for the first time. Yeah... #AsexualProblems

BONUS: Trying to figure out Xander and Cordelia's weird relationship in season 2 of said TV series. #AsexualProblems

• Like 2
GeekyGamerZack
2 minutes ago, Naali said:

So I'm starting a Dungeons and Dragons session (my first ever campaign) and god, I want fighting and go with the plot and stuff like that, but my group is starting to get annoying and they're going on quests to find drugs and rob people and now it's like

Hide contents

a drug rape fantasy (btw, my character stayed back and had no idea what the other two were up to). There were other instances of sexual references...

Starting to turn me off from the game at this point.

Ew. That NEVER happens in the campaigns I run! (And if it did, I'd take swift action to get it back on course.) 😰

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, GeekyGamerZack said:

Ew. That NEVER happens in the campaigns I run! (And if it did, I'd take swift action to get it back on course.) 😰

Right, I think our DM is going with it only because two in our group had to leave for the day and then that's when it turned weird. That and they are young, like 19 or something like that.

• Like 2
nerdperson777
3 hours ago, OhDearyMe! said:

Does anybody else have these weird moments when you're questioning your sexuality and you then have a weird feeling in the stomach which makes you think "is this sexual attraction??" but actually you just need to pee 😐

Is this thing really a thing?  I just know if my body feels...aroused, I need to pee.  I have a really strong bladder that can last a long time, but my two weaknesses are sexual imagery (if I pay too much attention to it) and repetitive jumping.

• Like 1
Ace_of_Hearts <3
10 hours ago, GeryBob said:

finding out that for two years straight when you said "that's what she said" it didn't mean: hey someone said the exact same earlier. And instead it meant: this is what people say when they have sex. (My brother had to explain it to me) #asexualproblems

I had a moment like this a while ago. I said it in a group and everyone just stared at me. It was so awkward.

• Like 2

On 7/11/2018 at 8:40 AM, RandomPerson17 said:

finding out that for two years straight when you said "that's what she said" it didn't mean: hey someone said the exact same earlier. And instead it meant: this is what people say when they have sex

I  knew it was some kind of innuendo but still not sure why exactly, where it came from. Then again I don’t know the origin of a lot of memes so not really knowing never really bothered me either

• Like 3
On 7/11/2018 at 12:11 AM, OhDearyMe! said:

Why is this so relatable, I can't stop laughing

• Like 3
nerdperson777

The other night Wonder Woman was playing on the TV. 

I asked my mom, "if they're an all woman society, how do they reproduce? 

Mom: Asexual reproduction.

Me: *stares with a judging face for like 5 seconds*

Mom: *snickers*

Me: No, seriously.

• Like 6
4 hours ago, nerdperson777 said:

The other night Wonder Woman was playing on the TV. 

I asked my mom, "if they're an all woman society, how do they reproduce? 

Mom: Asexual reproduction.

Me: *stares with a judging face for like 5 seconds*

Mom: *snickers*

Me: No, seriously.

IIRC the in canon way they got by was using shipwrecked sailors until they more or less died from exhaustion.  Or as they said in Futurama, "Death by snoo snoo."

• Like 2
25 minutes ago, Zash said:

Or as they said in Futurama, "Death by snoo snoo."

I misread this as "Death by snao snao". Which, you know, would be the opposite of snoo snoo :P

• Like 1
GeekyGamerZack
41 minutes ago, Zash said:

IIRC the in canon way they got by was using shipwrecked sailors until they more or less died from exhaustion.  Or as they said in Futurama, "Death by snoo snoo."

Oh, I remember that one! And guess what? There's a story to go with it. Back in high school, I got a little obsessed with Futurama and sought to watch every episode in order. (Hey, I'm an Aspie. Obsessions are kind of my thing. 😁 )

Anyway, one of my peers kept making comments about snoo-snoo. I hadn't seen that episode at the time, so I had absolutely no idea what he meant. I ended up watching it shortly after, and I was puzzled about Fry and Zapp being both overjoyed and terrified about their assigned fate.

Honestly, I related better with Kif, who did his best to avoid snoo-snoo by crawling onto the ceiling. That probably should've been another clue! 😆 #AsexualProblems

• Like 2

When people say, “That’s just a Tumblr sexuality, you’re just being a sNOWfLaKe.”

• Like 2
Sweet Potato
8 minutes ago, Katto said:

When people say, “That’s just a Tumblr sexuality, you’re just being a sNOWfLaKe.”

to which I respond that Asexuality as an orientation predates the internet.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Sweet Potato said:

to which I respond that Asexuality as an orientation predates the internet.

I think if someone told me I were a snowflake for being asexual, I’d be tempted to punch them in the face. Snowflake has a LOT of political conontations and a LOT of conontations about people’s character {ex a lack of work ethic} that don’t apply to me, and I’d be hard pressed to say they apply to any of the people here.

GeekyGamerZack

Reading NPCs' comments in the Pokémon games that somewhat-confusingly suggest no human knows where Pokémon Eggs come from. Not even Pokémon Breeders.

Example quote: "Is someone leaving them there?" As if trying to figure out sexuality wasn't hard enough already... #AsexualProblems

EDIT: Visiting this forum so often that it becomes your home page. #AsexualProblems

• Like 1
5 hours ago, i.r3beka said:

Snowflake has a LOT of political conontations and a LOT of conontations about people’s character {ex a lack of work ethic} that don’t apply to me, and I’d be hard pressed to say they apply to any of the people here.

Ok I’ve only come across this ‘snowflake’ term on this forum which I’m new to anyway. Not a clue what it means, where did it originate? Or is there a thread on it somewhere lol

1 hour ago, GeekyGamerZack said:

Reading NPCs' comments in the Pokémon games that somewhat-confusingly suggest no human knows where Pokémon Eggs come from. Not even Pokémon Breeders.

Example quote: "Is someone leaving them there?" As if trying to figure out sexuality wasn't hard enough already... #AsexualProblems

EDIT: Visiting this forum so often that it becomes your home page. #AsexualProblems

After finding out that a Skitty can breed with a Wailord, I have to assume that eggs magically pop into existence cause it just doesn’t make any sort of sense for them to be able to have viable children. Same for pairings between Gardevoir and any “amorphous” Pokemon like Slugma and Muk (how is Gardevoir considered “amorphous?” 🧐🧐🧐). I’m committed to believing that Pokemon reproduction in at least some cases must be asexual in nature. It may not work like traditional forms of asexual reproduction, but it must be asexual in certain cases cause sexual reproduction is absolutely and completely impossible. 

• Like 5
2 hours ago, Rupa said:

Ok I’ve only come across this ‘snowflake’ term on this forum which I’m new to anyway. Not a clue what it means, where did it originate? Or is there a thread on it somewhere lol

I am not certain about it’s origins, but snowflake is usually used to describe someone the speaker considers ‘special.’  I hear it a lot about my generation from baby boomers. The idea is that ‘snowflakes,’ grow up being told that they are special, being coddled, and being catered to. This, in the eyes of the speaker, creates someone that is lazy, entitled, and often incapable of tolerating opposing opinions.

Now, I know not all boomers think this, just like not all millennials act like snowflakes. I was just pointing out that in my experience, the people saything this have been boomers, and the people they are saying it to / about have been millennials. The whole ordeal is frustrating because this stereotype, like most stereotypes, creates unecessary divide. 

@i.r3beka Ahh, thanks for the clarification. Yeah doesn’t seem to be too positive I must say. I think tht’s going to end up being one of those things that’s very useful to know, should it be said to me so I know hoe to react.

Brings up the whole other topic of what exactly defines a millennial though, because every person asked gives a different age range. I had considered myself one then learned apparently I’m not old enough to be, so who knows haha. Seeing as it’s somewhat unanswerable I guess we’d best not get into it tho :’) 

*goes off to replace batteries in cassette player* 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Laplace said:

but it must be asexual in certain cases cause sexual reproduction is absolutely and completely impossible

Hehehe especially for poor Machoke, who grows underwear over itself.

or are there people believing it magics some removable underwear out of thin air upon evolution :’) 

• Like 2

Okay, so I go to a theatre college here in NYC. The other day in my musical theatre class we were given our type cast (it is the way that people, who cast shows, classify you as for a role.. like the young person, or the funny best friend.. etc). Well it is my turn to hear what I'm going to be classified as for the rest of my career and my professor said that I was considered the "Va Va Voom" woman, basically I'm Jessica Rabbit from Looney Tunes. So naturally I had to tell him that I am ace/aro and I don't understand what is asked of me because I don't understand attraction. The problem is that I got so scared when he said, "honey, I'm sorry. But what goes through peoples minds when you walk through the door is *cue sexy music*" I don't understand why that scares me so much..

• Like 3
1 hour ago, zo_zum said:

when he said, "honey, I'm sorry. But what goes through peoples minds when you walk through the door is *cue sexy music*" I don't understand why that scares me so much..

Honey I would actually feel offended if someone said that to me? At the very least quite uncomfortable and feel the speaker was out of line, cause judging on looks and sexualising a person unecessarily. Perhaps that’s just me, and perhaps things like that may be somewhat expected in your industry, I haven’t a clue, but it sucks you’ve been given a tricky role to play.

I guess acting is acting though? I mean, the characters people portray rarely reflect the actor’s actual personality right. You feel confident enough to try and pull it off? 

I myself would say I wasn’t comfortable playing such a part and ask for something else. But then again, I’m not an actor, I’m an animator lol and I’d rather be behind the camera in the first place.

best of luck

• Like 6
21 hours ago, i.r3beka said:

I am not certain about it’s origins, but snowflake is usually used to describe someone the speaker considers ‘special.’  I hear it a lot about my generation from baby boomers. The idea is that ‘snowflakes,’ grow up being told that they are special, being coddled, and being catered to. This, in the eyes of the speaker, creates someone that is lazy, entitled, and often incapable of tolerating opposing opinions.

Now, I know not all boomers think this, just like not all millennials act like snowflakes. I was just pointing out that in my experience, the people saything this have been boomers, and the people they are saying it to / about have been millennials. The whole ordeal is frustrating because this stereotype, like most stereotypes, creates unecessary divide. 

Wow two words that came out of my virtual mouth is creating much discussion \(*´∀`*)/

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Rupa said:

Honey I would actually feel offended if someone said that to me? At the very least quite uncomfortable and feel the speaker was out of line, cause judging on looks and sexualising a person unecessarily. Perhaps that’s just me, and perhaps things like that may be somewhat expected in your industry, I haven’t a clue, but it sucks you’ve been given a tricky role to play.

I guess acting is acting though? I mean, the characters people portray rarely reflect the actor’s actual personality right. You feel confident enough to try and pull it off? 

I myself would say I wasn’t comfortable playing such a part and ask for something else. But then again, I’m not an actor, I’m an animator lol and I’d rather be behind the camera in the first place.

best of luck

Yeah, unfortunately my industry is very surface level. There’s nothing I can do about it, but thank you I appreciate your input. 

I’m gonna try my hardest to do this part right haha, hopefully I can get over how scary it is. 

• Like 1
nerdperson777
10 hours ago, zo_zum said:

Okay, so I go to a theatre college here in NYC. The other day in my musical theatre class we were given our type cast (it is the way that people, who cast shows, classify you as for a role.. like the young person, or the funny best friend.. etc). Well it is my turn to hear what I'm going to be classified as for the rest of my career and my professor said that I was considered the "Va Va Voom" woman, basically I'm Jessica Rabbit from Looney Tunes. So naturally I had to tell him that I am ace/aro and I don't understand what is asked of me because I don't understand attraction. The problem is that I got so scared when he said, "honey, I'm sorry. But what goes through peoples minds when you walk through the door is *cue sexy music*" I don't understand why that scares me so much..

A professor I had said the objective in every scene was sex if we wanted it to be juicy.  The other reviews of the professor said that she was great but I couldn't get past "juicy sex in every scene".  Also, she lumped all the attractions together, romantic, sexual, aesthetic, sensual.  And then she would describe the detailed sensuality ("this person is so hot, pretty, sexy, just one touch will make it all happen.")  The aro ace in me can't handle it.

• Like 4
4 hours ago, nerdperson777 said:

A professor I had said the objective in every scene was sex if we wanted it to be juicy.  The other reviews of the professor said that she was great but I couldn't get past "juicy sex in every scene".  Also, she lumped all the attractions together, romantic, sexual, aesthetic, sensual.  And then she would describe the detailed sensuality ("this person is so hot, pretty, sexy, just one touch will make it all happen.")  The aro ace in me can't handle it.

I much prefer my high school drama teacher’s idea that the best scenes had life or death stakes.

• Like 6