Sexuality Secrets?...something like that

Eddy

Yes, um. That show. They talked about asexuality. Basically all they said was people are asexual because they have some kind of psychological problems. As in, some are afraid of sex or people. I didn't catch the whole show though.

Was that "Sexual Secrets?" Everyone has their own theory as to "why". Once they stop and realise there are many different members of the community, they're relalise it's kinda'...pointless to even look for "why".

Maybe it was Sexual Secrets. It was a documentrary type show with a whole load of "experts" giving their 2 cents.

Like all the asexuals they had on the show had some sort of problems and were in therapy. :x What exactly are they implying?...

It was just annoying because they kept saying things like "all humans are sexual beings", "people have sexual feelings and what happens when they deny themselves what they want most [because of fear or closeness, commitment, etc...]."

Like all the asexuals they had on the show had some sort of problems and were in therapy. :x What exactly are they implying?...

unfortunatly I feel that will be a social stigma for years to come, the sterotype if you will, that you are broken somehow

Don't forget, they can't understand us and our point of view any more than we them and theirs.

We're getting better known and there are other experts with other opinions.

• 3 weeks later...
Basically all they said was people are asexual because they have some kind of psychological problems. As in, some are afraid of sex or people.

Ugh, that really pisses me off! I used to get stuff like that too, like I must have been abused or that I'm afraid of intimacy. It stopped after I went completely nuts on the idiot that said it, but it helped when I got in a relationship after and yet I was STILL asexual. I'm not afraid of intimacy (I rather enjoyed it), I'm not afraid of people or sex, theres nothing wrong with my hormones, and I was never abused. Maybe the sex addicts are the ones that need help. It is common knowledge that there is a 50% chance those that were abused will be sex nuts. I guess something like the reenforcement that sex = love (utter crap).

Archived